Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this line of thinking works both ways. I can't fathom how anyone who is a fan of Star Wars WOULD actually want to pay money to support this trash. The Disney Trilogy is NOT and never will be Star Wars to me. Just cause some corporation has the legal rights to the brand name doesn't mean anything to me. These are products, not movies.

We can have a peeing contest in the sand all night between who the "real" fans are and nobody will ever agree. To me, supporting these movies is like going to see your favorite band 30 years after they broke up, and the only remaining member is the touring keyboardist, and everyone else is a new guy, but they have the nerve to get onstage and pretend they're the original band.

As for the guy asking about a place where everyone loves everything Disney does and is all sunshine and rainbows, I'm certain that there are plenty of forums like that around, but this one ain't it.
8cfc09a5db60f912a8d361b0fca9b9de.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I don?t know anyone who actually likes a franchise and roots for an upcoming installment from it to fail.

This movie failing would go a long way towards getting the right people in place for course correction of the franchise. This trilogy is a dumpster fire beyond redemption anyway.

I think this line of thinking works both ways. I can't fathom how anyone who is a fan of Star Wars WOULD actually want to pay money to support this trash. The Disney Trilogy is NOT and never will be Star Wars to me. Just cause some corporation has the legal rights to the brand name doesn't mean anything to me. These are products, not movies.

We can have a peeing contest in the sand all night between who the "real" fans are and nobody will ever agree. To me, supporting these movies is like going to see your favorite band 30 years after they broke up, and the only remaining member is the touring keyboardist, and everyone else is a new guy, but they have the nerve to get onstage and pretend they're the original band.

As for the guy asking about a place where everyone loves everything Disney does and is all sunshine and rainbows, I'm certain that there are plenty of forums like that around, but this one ain't it.

Ding ding ding!!

with all due respect , I?ve had enough of this contention. I don?t mean the different viewpoints. I mean the constant flow of fighting, put downs, and general bad behavior. Barely a page can go by without this toxic culture.

Can someone please point me to a place I can chat with other Star Wars Fans who like the new stuff, where we won?t constantly be attacked or berated by people who hates the new stuff?

I know there are reasons to hate the new stuff, I get it, I don?t care I still like it.

Or if this is the place, then Would moderators kindly please do their job?

I want to have some friends to talk with Star Wars about, but after reading a few pages here I literally felt like throwing up I was so disgusted. So I may just go away, If there are no positive options.

I don?t mean the last few messages either, by and large, these are tame compared to some of the ones I was seeing.
6ef8093190a2adf3e9701a4e0bbc2a13.gif

Sunshine and rainbows? What a load of crap. With you guys everything is either wonderful or horrible, and you old people seem on able to see anything of value in something that Isn?t 1977 George Lucas. I don?t know why I even tried in here. That?s for that wonderful place where everyone loves the Disney stuff, it doesn?t exist because trolls like you come in and ruin it everywhere.

So my decision is made I know I?m going. Enjoy the crap heap you keep creating everywhere You social media trolls.

with all due respect , I?ve had enough of this contention. I don?t mean the different viewpoints. I mean the constant flow of fighting, put downs, and general bad behavior. Barely a page can go by without this toxic culture.

Can someone please point me to a place I can chat with other Star Wars Fans who like the new stuff, where we won?t constantly be attacked or berated by people who hates the new stuff?

I know there are reasons to hate the new stuff, I get it, I don?t care I still like it.

I want to have some friends to talk with Star Wars about, but after reading a few pages here I literally felt like throwing up I was so disgusted. So I may just go away, If there are no positive options.

I don?t mean the last few messages either, by and large, these are tame compared to some of the ones I was seeing.

It?s a discussion forum. We can discuss the good and bad. If you want to make a thread about how you love the ST then do it. People can discuss and have different opinions on the franchise. That?s what a forum is for. If you want to have a big hugging party then make a Star Wars positivity thread.

Sunshine and rainbows? What a load of crap. With you guys everything is either wonderful or horrible, and you old people seem on able to see anything of value in something that Isn?t 1977 George Lucas. I don?t know why I even tried in here. That?s for that wonderful place where everyone loves the Disney stuff, it doesn?t exist because trolls like you come in and ruin it everywhere.

So my decision is made I know I?m going. Enjoy the crap heap you keep creating everywhere You social media troll dogs

Cool! Enjoy your horrible story telling and character development. I?m
Sure Disney will reward u some day with a biscuit

So my decision is made I know I?m going. Enjoy the crap heap you keep creating everywhere You social media trolls.

Wherever you end up - maybe start off by contributing the content you want to see. Breaking the ice with “this place makes me want to vomit” is a bad look.

May the Force be with you!

This movie failing would go a long way towards getting the right people in place for course correction of the franchise. This trilogy is a dumpster fire beyond redemption anyway.

Getting the “right people” in place doesn’t guarantee something will be good. You’d think Shane Black would have been the right person to perform a course correction on the Predator franchise, but instead we got an Iron Predator suit and what was imo by far the worst film of the franchise.

You’d also have thought Lucas would have been the right person for the PT since he created the universe, but that didn’t turn out very well either.

Getting the ?right people? in place doesn?t guarantee something will be good. You?d think Shane Black would have been the right person to perform a course correction on the Predator franchise, but instead we got an Iron Predator suit and what was imo by far the worst film of the franchise.

No guarantees of course but it can't be worse. Based on comments made by Iger I am not optimistic. I think turning the keys over to Favreau would be a great start. The truly unfortunate thing is you can't undo what's been done, there will never be a decent OT followup with Mark, Carrie, and Harrison together.

I’m not optimistic either, I’m no fan of the ST thus far. But I’m not hoping TRoS will suck. I am expecting it to though.

Buh-bye

Getting the ?right people? in place doesn?t guarantee something will be good. You?d think Shane Black would have been the right person to perform a course correction on the Predator franchise, but instead we got an Iron Predator suit and what was imo by far the worst film of the franchise.

You?d also have thought Lucas would have been the right person for the PT since he created the universe, but that didn?t turn out very well either.

Fandom is a curious thing. SW means different things to different people

Me? Well I just want entertainment these days, although at my age I have seen alot so I tend to want to see something new and unexpected. I am not rewarded often.

I feel bad for those fans that are not getting a SW fix right now. The potential for Disney to please everyone was non existent. But they seem to be making fans happy with different products.

Thats the best we can ask for.

I am pretty much enjoying everything (at different levels ) since the PT , which I did not enjoy.

Perhaps I am easier on the franchise now as I waited a LONG time for PT, then another LONG time for ST .....in between only getting cartoons (that were pretty good thou).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to have some friends to talk with Star Wars about, but after reading a few pages here I literally felt like throwing up I was so disgusted.

So I may just go away, If there are no positive options.

Sounds like the "positivity thread" is the place for you.:monkey3:lol

Now that we have a safe space can we rename this the "Let the Hate Flow Through You" thread?
3b1a3f5ef7ff39042f8a7c5d978f371c.gif
d59f6da74c4d765f34d1acacd0141001.gif

Ok, I just saw the "TRoS Positivity thread".

Does that mean that we're losing approximately "4" posters from this thread?

So... what if those 4 posters see the movie next week and don't like it? Where do they post?:dunno This is getting VERY complicated.:gah:

Ok, I just saw the "TRoS Positivity thread".

Does that mean that we're losing approximately "4" posters from this thread?

Ill be on both, I like you saucy never let it go boys!

Some of the stuff on here is really funny, and the hate for PT and even some OT is also funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back