Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap for a first time that was pretty damn near professional quality if you ask me.

I can’t talk to a camera I just mumble then say DUCK!

Khev did you freak out when you first saw the real title I know I did.

At least it wasn’t Will or Balance of the Force lol

Damn Khev why did you weaponize me like that with your glorious mug :lol

I kid I kid I promise not to photoshop new you anywhere lol

Last edited:
Ah yes, the modern man.

4i-had-a-vasectomy-yesterday-and-when-i-woke-up-39773961.png

YO6M0Lc.png

2ucz4iV.jpg

nu-males love nu-wars , imagine

All right for the fun of it I present to you the Khev TROS trailer reaction. I must say these are much harder to make than they look, lol.

This was WAY better viewing than the trailer itself...

I have analyzed this trailer capturing a few screen shots that are spoilers...also for future Jye projects pictures...

KHEV DOUBTS

8794b4f6f76f6ba5cd1569181af9a411.jpg

KHEV’S Grace Face

571c937f326cd2bcae4844d84bfbf2a2.jpg

KHEV in AWE (must be looking at sweaty Rey
73cf85412df3884163bd5a73cddf505a.jpg

KHEV Disgusted (must be looking at Grace)
98c3db13f49be1e32a0a5985d6224c5e.jpg

KHEV ponders the mystery’s of the Universe and the MCU , DCU and SW

58eb9377b446095724177147f41f68c1.jpg

;) nothing but love for ya man! LOL Great Video!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Man did the Matrix spank TPM in 99.

All that tremendous exciting build up to TPM just to get punked by 2 women wearing mens skins

With the 20 year anniversary this year, 1999 is supposed to have been a year of classic movies:

Twenty years later, why 1999 at the movies remains an untouchable milestone (Globe and Mail, Canada)

Do you remember where you were in 1999? More specifically – and more importantly – do you remember which movies you were watching in 1999? Ask any even half-hearted cinephile, and you’ll get an earful: The Matrix. Eyes Wide Shut. Magnolia. Fight Club. Election. Bringing Out the Dead. The Limey. Boys Don’t Cry. Toy Story 2. The Iron Giant. The Blair Witch Project. The Virgin Suicides. The Sixth Sense. And so, so many more – an almost unbelievable lineup that seems culled from an entire decade, not just a single 12-month stretch.

Yet 20 years later, 1999 has held its grip on the cultural imagination – there’s an entire podcast dedicated to going through each and every release – and can now be called a perfectly revolutionary year for cinema. Fresh filmmakers were changing the rules of the game (Being John Malkovich’s Spike Jonze), while veterans were working at the peak of their powers (The Insider’s Michael Mann). Even the seemingly mainstream fluff of the era (Deep Blue Sea, D*ck, Galaxy Quest) feels miles above what Hollywood offers today.

To mark the 20th anniversary of the year everything changed, TIFF is launching 1999: Movies at the Millennium, a series that will screen 23 films from the era (many in 35 mm) at the organization’s Lightbox cinemas in Toronto. Ahead of the series' launch this Friday with Claire Denis’s masterful Beau Travail, The Globe and Mail’s Barry Hertz spoke with TIFF’s artistic director Cameron Bailey and TIFF Cinematheque’s senior manager Brad Deane about the year of living dangerously.

This was WAY better viewing than the trailer itself...

I have analyzed this trailer capturing a few screen shots that are spoilers...also for future Jye projects pictures...

KHEV DOUBTS

8794b4f6f76f6ba5cd1569181af9a411.jpg

KHEV’S Grace Face

571c937f326cd2bcae4844d84bfbf2a2.jpg

KHEV in AWE (must be looking at sweaty Rey
73cf85412df3884163bd5a73cddf505a.jpg

KHEV Disgusted (must be looking at Grace)
98c3db13f49be1e32a0a5985d6224c5e.jpg

KHEV ponders the mystery’s of the Universe and the MCU , DCU and SW

58eb9377b446095724177147f41f68c1.jpg

;) nothing but love for ya man! LOL Great Video!

Yeah great video Khev.:clap

I predict these screen captures will get a LOT of use as Khev weighs in on the various aspects of the release of Mando and TROS. :rotfl "Khev dubiously ponders" especially.:lecture:rotfl

I really need to figure out how that upload-to-youtube thing even works. Youtube's solely this thing you watch - uploading is such a weird idea, but I'm guessing that's gone after the first video upload.:dunno:panic:

Holy crap xipotec's reaction pics, lol.

That's cool. It's a bit strange to put a face and a voice to the entity known as Khev. I feel like I've seen too much. :lol

:lol :lol

Holy crap for a first time that was pretty damn near professional quality if you ask me.

I can’t talk to a camera I just mumble then say DUCK!

Khev did you freak out when you first saw the real title I know I did.

At least it wasn’t Will or Balance of the Force lol

Damn Khev why did you weaponize me like that with your glorious mug :lol

I kid I kid I promise not to photoshop new you anywhere lol

And yeah honestly I assumed that it'd somehow feel a little more "interactive." Very weird to just be talking to the phone as if engaged directly in a conversation. But it was fun since I knew you guys would get a kick out of it.

As for the title yeah they probably could have called it anything and I would have been pumped to see the title that first time after Palpy's laugh and the epic music as it was revealed. Still not sure on "The Rise of Skywalker" but TROS as an acronym is finally starting to stick, lol.

Yeah great video Khev.:clap

:lol :duff

I predict these screen captures will get a LOT of use as Khev weighs in on the various aspects of the release of Mando and TROS. :rotfl "Khev dubiously ponders" especially.:lecture:rotfl

I really need to figure out how that upload-to-youtube thing even works. Youtube's solely this thing you watch - uploading is such a weird idea, but I'm guessing that's gone after the first video upload.:dunno:panic:

Lol again on the screen grabs. And yeah I'd love to see you and everyone else here giving it a go. :rock

I 100% with what you said about the opening of the trailer feeling like you’re already watching the movie because we really were regardless if it was out of context but the music swelling up really elevated that scene into a thrilling experience.

I 100% with what you said about the opening of the trailer feeling like you’re already watching the movie because we really were regardless if it was out of context but the music swelling up really elevated that scene into a thrilling experience.

Yep totally that opening sequence really does a great job of whetting the appetite and pulling you in and Palpatine is the perfect closer. It'll be very interesting to learn the full context of the TIE fighter jump.

I was trying to articulate my anticipation for both TROS and Mando in the video because I recognize that TROS has the higher potential but who knows now how close they'll come to reaching it whereas Mando definitely feels like more of a guarantee, a nice fallback if TROS drops the ball. Best case scenario of course is that both are homeruns and if that happens that'll just be insane.

Palpatine's laugh and the title are the only parts that got a rise ;) out of me. A "WTF" specifically.

I think the people who are genuinely crying over the trailer is because of the overwhelming nostalgia the music gives them.

It doesn't work on me, playing over characters I don't care about. I start thinking about the OT or what this trilogy could have been.

Yep totally that opening sequence really does a great job of whetting the appetite and pulling you in and Palpatine is the perfect closer. It'll be very interesting to learn the full context of the TIE fighter jump.

I was trying to articulate my anticipation for both TROS and Mando in the video because I recognize that TROS has the higher potential but who knows now how close they'll come to reaching it whereas Mando definitely feels like more of a guarantee, a nice fallback if TROS drops the ball. Best case scenario of course is that both are homeruns and if that happens that'll just be insane.

My biggest concern with Mando will be the helmet on/off ratio.

You know during Celebration I was so pumped for Mando/IX that I ended up revisiting RO/TFA/TLJ in a marathon while wife was at work and I just don’t think TFA/TLJ are dumpster fires. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but certainly not dumpster fires either.

For me a dumpster fire is Hayden trying to show that Anakin is arrogant in the scene where he says the line:

“Excuse me i’m in charge of security here my lady!”

Holy crap it is just brutal to watch even Portman’s reaction is like “OMG WTF” lol

67759B9A-5E9C-4EA5-ABCE-F8CE89DA27A8.jpg

My biggest concern with Mando will be the helmet on/off ratio.

You know during Celebration I was so pumped for Mando/IX that I ended up revisiting RO/TFA/TLJ in a marathon while wife was at work and I just don’t think TFA/TLJ are dumpster fires. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but certainly not dumpster fires either.

For me a dumpster fire is Hayden trying to show that Anakin is arrogant in the scene where he says the line:

“Excuse me i’m in charge of security here my lady!”

Holy crap it is just brutal to watch even Portman’s reaction is like “OMG WTF” lol

He does say milady while trying to sound badass doesn't he, lol. :lol

And agreed about TFA/TLJ. They're easier to dismiss while discussing their flaws here but always seem to hold up when watching them.

All right for the fun of it I present to you the Khev TROS trailer reaction. I must say these are much harder to make than they look, lol.

That's pretty damn cool of you to post a vid for the Freaks, Khev. :clap

I actually expected you to ham it up; maybe chop some onions just out of frame to get the waterworks going. :lol But I'm glad you played it straight. Man, now I'm pulling even harder for TROS to be a home run. It just sank in that much more that this means a lot to you at the end of a 40+ year journey, so I really want TROS to be the movie that turns the ST into something you (and other long-term fans) can look back on fondly.

Thanks for posting what is likely the first ever "15th viewing of a trailer reaction video." :lol Here's hoping TROS delivers big time for you, man. :duff

That's pretty damn cool of you to post a vid for the Freaks, Khev. :clap
Thanks ajp!

I actually expected you to ham it up; maybe chop some onions just out of frame to get the waterworks going. :lol But I'm glad you played it straight. Man, now I'm pulling even harder for TROS to be a home run. It just sank in that much more that this means a lot to you at the end of a 40+ year journey, so I really want TROS to be the movie that turns the ST into something you (and other long-term fans) can look back on fondly.

Yeah it's been pretty amazing to watch the OT when they came out as a kid with my parents, the PT with my friends and wife, and now the ST with my kids. I love that I've experienced these trilogies with three generations of friends and family. For peeps who aren't into SW I sincerely hope that they get to have this kind of fun with something similar in their own lives.

And at this point I just want to kick back and enjoy whatever comes including the pre-hype, the films/shows themselves, and whatever post-release zaniness that might follow, lol.

Thanks for posting what is likely the first ever "15th viewing of a trailer reaction video." :lol Here's hoping TROS delivers big time for you, man. :duff

No problem and same to you bud. :duff

Thanks ajp!

Yeah it's been pretty amazing to watch the OT when they came out as a kid with my parents, the PT with my friends and wife, and now the ST with my kids. I love that I've experienced these trilogies with three generations of friends and family. For peeps who aren't into SW I sincerely hope that they get to have this kind of fun with something similar in their own lives.

And at this point I just want to kick back and enjoy whatever comes including the pre-hype, the films/shows themselves, and whatever post-release zaniness that might follow, lol.

No problem and same to you bud. :duff

Well said.....

We COULD all be curmudgeons...but why bother? Life is full of disappointment and sadness....why not just go with optimistic and hope for the best. We are on this ride for a reason, so why not wish for goodiness and not be a Debbie downer, which is definitely in vogue in the youtube crowd.

With the 20 year anniversary this year, 1999 is supposed to have been a year of classic movies:

Twenty years later, why 1999 at the movies remains an untouchable milestone (Globe and Mail, Canada)

I've made many posts on how 1999 was the last truly spectacular year for movies. I think it was Wor-Gar specifically that told me I was full of crap, so it's nice to see some other movie buffs agree with me.

But I know I'm an old curmudgeon. Movies are just plain too stupid and dumbed down and repetitive for me to enjoy anymore. I haven't TRULY loved a new movie in over 15 years I think.

I still hold out hope that we'll have a Renaissance like we did that glorious year of '99, but it's not gonna come from mainstream Hollywood with their big giant action movies dumbed down to the point of retardation so Chinese audiences won't be "bored."

I know Hollywood is a big part of the problem, of course, but I'll fully admit the other part is ME. Even when a movie is great on every level, like Infinity War, I sit there and I think "oh that was cool." and then I just go on with my life. I'm just not a kid anymore. Movies are most likely NEVER going to affect me like they did.

I can pretty much guarantee there's no way a movie or trailer for a movie is ever going to make me bawl and snot like that loathsome soy boy in his reaction video. I can get misty eyed if something is really powerful, but I can't imagine ever blubbering like that.

Do you remember where you were in 1999? More specifically – and more importantly – do you remember which movies you were watching in 1999? Ask any even half-hearted cinephile, and you’ll get an earful: The Matrix. Eyes Wide Shut. Magnolia. Fight Club. Election. Bringing Out the Dead. The Limey. Boys Don’t Cry. Toy Story 2. The Iron Giant. The Blair Witch Project. The Virgin Suicides. The Sixth Sense. And so, so many more – an almost unbelievable lineup that seems culled from an entire decade, not just a single 12-month stretch.

JhBkqMX.gif

New Star Wars coming = Yeah!

Debbie Downers be damned.

Now I can totally understand talking endlessly about things you love, but I don't understand how, if some of you truly revile these new movies, I just don't get how you can go on and on about it. I'd think you'd want to move on to something more positive, not just roll around in the muck day after day after day.

I mean if you really, truly despise these movies, I would think it wouldn't be worthy of your time or waste of breath in discussion.

The constant negative drumbeat just keeps clanging and clanging. I kind of feel bad when I think, if somebody truly hates these movies, why would they devote so much time and energy to thinking about them?

P.S. Khev, thanks for sharing! Trying not to feel snubbed at the non mention. ;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back