Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - December 20, 2019

Yeah you're thinking of Rebel Assault for Sega CD. X-Wing was for the PC and was vastly superior as it did indeed let you fly pretty much wherever you wanted to go within the context of the missions.

Alas my lowly 33 MHz 386 PC wasn't able to handle Dark Forces but man did I lust after that game!

I spent many a forever-lost hour on Dark Forces. You should feel lucky it didn't work.:lol

It was such a big leap over my SNES though.

What's weird is how early the "play your gamer friends over the internet" thing came in - I played my buddy in Ohio for hours via Doom... in 1997 (weird that's more than 20 years ago now)!

What's weird is how early the "play your gamer friends over the internet" thing came in - I played my buddy in Ohio for hours via Doom... in 1997 (weird that's more than 20 years ago now)!

Yeah I had a bunch of buddies who worked at Intel who rented a big house together in 1998 and 1999 and they'd have LAN parties with six PC's set up in their living room. Not the most lady friendly bachelor pad (lol) but man we had a blast playing Quake II into the wee hours of the morning. :lol

Billy Dee is older now than Christopher Lee was when filming Episode 2.

Isn't that messed up??

So what if...

* Snoke returns from the dead (again)
* He really is Darth Plagueis
* Rey turns out to be made from midichlorians like Anakin (and/or is the true Chosen One). So she can still be a nobody.
* Or Rey was cloned from cells from Luke’s hand (hence the connection with his saber).

Will that tie all three trilogies together?

If Darth Maul can return with ZERO in movie explanation, and we actually SAW his body....

Well all I'm saying is there's no reason not to see more Holdo. She could have ejected easily. We need more Holdo in every scene. Leading every battle. Standing around in a dress. More shooting. More standing. Whenever she's not on screen the other characters should be asking "Where's Holdo?" Also she needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

So what if...

* Snoke returns from the dead (again)
* He really is Darth Plagueis
* Rey turns out to be made from midichlorians like Anakin (and/or is the true Chosen One). So she can still be a nobody.
* Or Rey was cloned from cells from Luke’s hand (hence the connection with his saber).

Will that tie all three trilogies together?
I agree with those points outside Rey's - instead:

I really think Rey should be revealed to be a Kenobi. One final rematch aboard whatever ship Kylo is on - just like ANH. Kenobi vs. Skywalker (by blood); the circle is now complete. Lucas was all about his narrative circles anyway.

I still strongly believe that this was where it was originally supposed to go in JJ's plan. Rey's appearance, accent, hearing Obi-Wan in the vision...it's very heavily implied, at least that's what I gathered on the first viewing.

Snoke is EASY to retcon. Force projection, just like Luke. Everything that happened in the throne room was a result of Snoke manipulating them.

Poe is now a grizzled, bearded general leading the remaining fleets of the Resistance since the untimely passing of Leia off screen (the latter is NOT the way I would do it, but Disney has said no CG).

If we have to keep Finn in the front, make him a FO intel operative with skills to access and interpret FO assets.

If even our little gaggle of hardcore fans on this corner of the internet don't give a collectively toss about what happens with these lame characters in this horrifically mismanaged movie series.....Ep 9 really is going to land like a fart in the wind.

As a far, far wiseau man than me once said....."IT'S OVER.....god forgive me."

FearlessWelloffBandicoot.gif

I really think Rey should be revealed to be a Kenobi. One final rematch aboard whatever ship Kylo is on - just like ANH. Kenobi vs. Skywalker (by blood); the circle is now complete. Lucas was all about his narrative circles anyway.

I've never really liked the Kenobi theory because I choose to believe Obi-Wan was celibate like most (or all) Jedi. But of course that could be proved wrong at any time.

I still remember internet theories from before ep III that were still praying for a big twist, and that the big twist was that Obi Wan WAS indeed shtupping Padme and that Luke and Leia WERE his kids.

Obviously that's hackneyed as hell. But, we're in the Disney era now. All it would take to undo the original trilogy completely would be a cameo by ghost Ewan Explaining that he is indeed the secret father of the twins, that the "Skywalker" blood was nothing special all along, and that the Kenobi blood was rich in midichlorian goodness. His son Luke had it. His daughter Leia had it. And his secret twin grandchildren Ben and Rey have it.

Now, what I've just written is almost as dumb as the stuff that fall out of a horse's ass....but is it any worse than TFA or TLJ? I don't think so.

Star Wars: Episode IX - December 20, 2019

I still remember internet theories from before ep III that were still praying for a big twist, and that the big twist was that Obi Wan WAS indeed shtupping Padme and that Luke and Leia WERE his kids.

Obviously that's hackneyed as hell. But, we're in the Disney era now. All it would take to undo the original trilogy completely would be a cameo by ghost Ewan Explaining that he is indeed the secret father of the twins, that the "Skywalker" blood was nothing special all along, and that the Kenobi blood was rich in midichlorian goodness. His son Luke had it. His daughter Leia had it. And his secret twin grandchildren Ben and Rey have it.

Now, what I've just written is almost as dumb as the stuff that fall out of a horse's ass....but is it any worse than TFA or TLJ? I don't think so.

Ok we get it. You don't like the films. As your last 3 posts repeat over and over.

Now back to the DISCUSSION of the films.

I also think Rey could be a nobody, whom the force is using to balance things. Luke clearly states the force is NOT a power you have, as Yoda also says over and over in his teaching. Its a power that binds the universe together. Force users can tap into it.....but when they use it for forwarding an agenda.....it seems to backfire on them.

Luke says the Jedi were wrong, and allowed Vader to rise in the height of their power.

Yoda says the wisdom in the books is overated.

So Rey could just be the Force answer to Kylo being manipulated by Snoke into the dark side.

Dark is created, light rises to meet it. I would like to see Rey as the yin to the Vader blood yang.

Here is my personal crazy theory for today.

Han and Leia broke up over Leias secret lover....a junk trader on Jaku. She found him after Han once again ignored her for his return to smugglers ways.

Their secret daughter is Rey. Kylo goes bad because he knows his mom cheated on his Dad. He blames his father and mother for ruining his chance at happiness.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whatever Snikt.

Once again, a random forum fan fiction post has more thought and creativity put into it than the movie will.

Whatever Snikt.

Once again, a random forum fan fiction post has more thought and creativity put into it than the movie will.

LOL probably correct....movies need to be simple for simple minds these days

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Unused Ep 7 footage of Carrie Fisher confirmed!!!!

Ghost Luke confirmed!!!

OMG you guize I can't waaaaaaiiittt

nah, still not going.

LUCASFILM // JULY 27, 2018

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX CAST ANNOUNCED
RETURNING AND NEW CAST MEMBERS WILL JOIN TOGETHER FOR THE FINAL INSTALLMENT OF THE SKYWALKER SAGA.
Star Wars: Episode IX will begin filming at London’s Pinewood Studios on August 1, 2018. J.J. Abrams returns to direct the final installment of the Skywalker saga. Abrams co-wrote the screenplay with Chris Terrio.

Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

Composer John Williams, who has scored every chapter in the Star Wars saga since 1977’s A New Hope, will return to a galaxy far, far away with Episode IX.

Star Wars: Episode IX will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Michelle Rejwan, and executive produced by Callum Greene and Jason McGatlin. The crew includes Dan Mindel (Director of Photography), Rick Carter and Kevin Jenkins (Co-Production Designers), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Neal Scanlan (Creature and Droid FX), Maryann Brandon and Stefan Grube (Editors), Roger Guyett (VFX Supervisor), Tommy Gormley (1st AD), and Victoria Mahoney (2nd Unit Director).

Release is scheduled for December 2019.

Great news regarding Leia not being a CGI character!!! And good to see Mark back, hopefully his sad role in TLJ will be somewhat redeemed by JJ.

Back