Star Wars Death Troopers (novel) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished it last night= i thought it was a reasonable way to feature zombies in the star wars universe but it was both thin in plot and page count.
the appearance of han and chewie helped to ground it, i guess but i have to agree it could have been anyone -and if you gonna jump the shark why not let vader go kickass on zombies???

Was just thinking a bit more about the book.

Does anyone else think a better plot device for the zombies would have been some kind of Sith ritual that tapped into a deep perversion of the Dark Side? It would have given the zombies a much more supernatural reason for being, and it could show the true depths of the Dark Side of the Force.

Was just thinking a bit more about the book.

Does anyone else think a better plot device for the zombies would have been some kind of Sith ritual that tapped into a deep perversion of the Dark Side? It would have given the zombies a much more supernatural reason for being, and it could show the true depths of the Dark Side of the Force.

Only the Emperor and Vader were Siths here. So I'm assuming with Palps being content with his empire and Vader being force impotent, it would've been thinner than the current explanation.

How did they let this crap get published?..It looks like a joke.

Only the Emperor and Vader were Siths here. So I'm assuming with Palps being content with his empire and Vader being force impotent, it would've been thinner than the current explanation.

Good point, but just because it would be a Sith ritual doesn't mean it'd have to be an actual Sith Lord. Just someone strong in the Force. And no one said it HAD to be set in the timeframe of the films.

I'm just sick of this whole "virus made me a zombie" story.

Good point, but just because it would be a Sith ritual doesn't mean it'd have to be an actual Sith Lord. Just someone strong in the Force. And no one said it HAD to be set in the timeframe of the films.

I'm just sick of this whole "virus made me a zombie" story.

Having Han and Chewie in it, it most definitely would. ;)

How did they let this crap get published?..It looks like a joke.

A statement better served by someone who actually READ the novel? :dunno

It just seems everyone is trying to cash in on Zombie themed crap these days, now even the biggest cash cow of all is going that route.

Pffftt...The cover looks more like Hellraiser meets Star Wars.

I never had an interest in this after seeing the preview for it a while ago. Kind of a strange idea that Lucas would give the green light to, but I guess he figured it would help pay for a new beard trimmer so why not.

It just seems everyone is trying to cash in on Zombie themed crap these days, now even the biggest cash cow of all is going that route.

Pffftt...The cover looks more like Hellraiser meets Star Wars.

Some of the best ideas have come from trying new things. If it weren't for that, we would never have even gotten Star Wars to begin with. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Personally, I'm glad Star Wars took a turn into horror. I'd prefer that any day of the week to Mary Poppins with a lightsaber. :lol

Indeed. I mean, even Darth Vader has more than a little Frankenstein in him. (Everyone caught that at the end of "Sith," right?)

I'm looking forward to getting this. I thought that this was going to be a hardback release, but in the UK it's paperback only. I need to pop to forbidden planet to see if i can get an imported Hardback one.

just finished this. While it's not ever going to be on a bestseller list, nor win any awards, it was still a fun read. Han and chewie's appearance in it was a bit... odd, but even then, it was still entertaining.

I thought I would add to this Thread rather than make a new one.
You can now get a Bust based on the Novel
C2299.jpg

They shoulda dwell on ancient Sith practises, I think those will be far more scary than zombeis. What next? Vampire SW novels? Anyway........

That bust is actually kind of cool. Might have to track one down. Its not a convention exclusive is it??

The version pictured in this thread will be avaliable to everyone, but there's a deluxe version that's an internet exclusive. It comes with changeable arms and more damaged armour. Both come with the novel.

But no convention exclusives...so go nuts!:hi5:

Looks like a prequel to this book is coming December 28th. It's called Red Harvest and according to Wikipedia, it will reveal the origin of the virus from the first book.

Back