Star Wars Black Collection Luke, R2-D2 review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tonight I'm hitting up the other two figures in the first wave of Star Wars Black Collection - X-Wing Luke Skywalker and R2-D2. Luke is nice, but R2 is really outstanding.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

I enjoy your reviews Michael. :)

That said - the R2 is under scaled, pretty obviously. That sentiment is virtually unanimous across the SW boards. :lol

The way the third leg looks extended is freaky too.. although I think that's more about aligning the three legs just right, so you don't have to over extend the third leg like in your pics. The paint apps aren't earth shattering either (compared to the proto pics.. hey, what's new), & that awful seam in the dome just drives the last nail in for me unfortunately. :(

Anyway, appreciate the review. :hi5:

Very cool seeing R2 with his accessories and compartments, but too bad it's a tad on the small size, relatively speaking.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Hey Michael, great review as always. Glad to hear some love for R2. He has his flaws, but is still pretty great IMO.

As VDG mentioned, you can get his third leg to extend without being "overextended". Just rotate his dome until the leg is fully extended, then keep turning till it clicks anywhere between 5-10 times (depending on whether you want him looking straight ahead, left, or right), then just turn the dome back to retract the leg until it is the proper length.

Back