1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not going to rank which kinds of politics are allowed in SW...
You can start with reading the article that I posted in my last comment. It’s about how the PT has intended parallels to the politics of Bush jr and so on... :)

Movies (yes, plural) written in 1994-96 about a president... who took office in early 2001?

My fave quote from your article link: "Though the plot was written years ago, 'the anti-Bush diatribe is clearly there,' Engle said." Oooo-kay.:rotfl

And so on.

C'mon, surely you'd agree that the "Pol Pot is Admiral Ackbar" theory is closer to the mark?:lol

Movies (yes, plural) written in 1994-96 about a president... who took office in early 2001?

My fave quote from your article link: "Though the plot was written years ago, 'the anti-Bush diatribe is clearly there,' Engle said." Oooo-kay.:rotfl

And so on.

C'mon, surely you'd agree that the "Pol Pot is Admiral Ackbar" theory is closer to the mark?:lol

Nah, the words in this article are coming from the creator (GL) and the lines that are referred to in the article (like ‘if you’re not with us you’re against us) are clearly referring to GB quotes. It’s clear from the article that the story wasn’t intended as such, but to GL it became something else. This is a quote from the article that also show you how it was political from the get go:
“The prequel trilogy is based on a back-story outline Lucas created in the mid-1970s for the original three "Star Wars" movies, so the themes percolated out of the Vietnam War and the Nixon-Watergate era, he said.” So if you don’t buy the Buch links then at least you’ll have to admit to the Nixon/Vietnam politics.
You can believe whatever fits you. I’m not gonna go any deeper with this. I’m not gonna convince you anyhow and we both know where we’ll end in this discussion.
But google it if you’re interested, there’s loads... but I’m gonna go to bed. Night night.

Nah, the words in this article are coming from the creator (GL) and the lines that are referred to in the article (like ‘if you’re not with us you’re against us) are clearly referring to GB quotes. You can believe whatever fits you. I’m not gonna go any deeper with this. There’s a lot more of this, but I’m not gonna convince you anyhow and we both know where we’ll end in this discussion.
But google it if you’re interested, there’s loads... but I’m gonna go to bed. Night night.

But you seem to forget the part about the PT also being NON-SENSICAL from a "political" point of view. I mean do you seriously understand what's happening?:lol

And PT aside, this got started by you saying "Star Wars always had them (politics) though. Big time" and mentioned the OT and posted a huge gif of that gibberish about the US/Vietnam and Ewoks/Endor - which is what I responded to, and you then ignored. You posted a ginormous gif about the OT, but now seem to be avoiding discussing it.:dunno

(And FYI, in looking at your previous post, don't used the term "a colored cast" maybe "POC cast" - its an important distinction that may not be clear if English is your second language):lecture

But you seem to forget the part about the PT also being NON-SENSICAL from a "political" point of view. I mean do you seriously understand what's happening?:lol

And PT aside, this got started by you saying "Star Wars always had them (politics) though. Big time" and mentioned the OT and posted a huge gif of that gibberish about the US/Vietnam and Ewoks/Endor - which is what I responded to, and you then ignored. You posted a ginormous gif about the OT, but now seem to be avoiding discussing it.:dunno

(And FYI, in looking at your previous post, don't used the term "a colored cast" maybe "POC cast" - its an important distinction that may not be clear if English is your second language):lecture

I’m not really sure what your point is, but we were discussing if SW had political undertones originally - and GL seems to think so. And he created this and he surely should know.
I don’t know what you’re trying to discuss to be honest, but this is all I wanted to add to the discussion.

And no, I’m not American and don’t know the difference between colored cast and POC. But I’ll keep that in mind though it’s transparent which ‘technique’ you’re pulling here.

I find your input, when it comes to design details in figures, very knowledgeable and your ocd is interesting. But when it comes to these subjects I find your discussion techniques extremely pedantic and quite mocking and aggressive. And when it’s not my first language we’re using I find pedantic discussions exhausting. I don’t wanna have any more of these quarrels with you if I can help it.

I’m not really sure what your point is, but we were discussing if SW had political undertones originally - and GL seems to think so. And he created this and he surely should know.
I don’t know what you’re trying to discuss to be honest, but this is all I wanted to add to the discussion.

And no, I’m not American and don’t know the difference between colored cast and POC. But I’ll keep that in mind though it’s transparent which ‘technique’ you’re pulling here.

I find your input, when it comes to design details in figures, very knowledgeable and your ocd is interesting. But when it comes to these subjects I find your discussion techniques extremely pedantic and quite mocking and aggressive. And when it’s not my first language we’re using I find pedantic discussions exhausting. I don’t wanna have any more of these quarrels with you if I can help it.

Well, you started it.:dunno:lol

And respectfully (I only reiterate this because it's important, not as some "technique" to pull) while POC is certainly a (yes, dubious) American construct, it's very much in Europe/UK. ie It's no longer something to eyeroll over as an "Americanism" you shouldn't be expected to know all about.

And forms of OCD is what makes this place interesting and also what makes most things about human existence interesting. And yeah, that IS nteresting. And yeah, I really appreciate your input here too - maybe if you're married you can understand blends of admiration and loathing that occasionally come to yelling.:rotfl

Now go to bed, dear.:duff

Movies (yes, plural) written in 1994-96 about a president... who took office in early 2001? My fave quote from your article link: "Though the plot was written years ago, 'the anti-Bush diatribe is clearly there,' Engle said." Oooo-kay.:rotflAnd so on. C'mon, surely you'd agree that the "Pol Pot is Admiral Ackbar" theory is closer to the mark?:lol

I will agree with you. Star Wars had nothing to do with the Bush era AT ALL. George Lucas's Star Wars was based off of:

Roman Emipre
Knights Templar
Nazi Germany / WWII
Vietnam War
Nixon
Cold War
Akira Kurosawa
His love for fast cars
And he never got to make Apocalypse Now

The PT was heavily inspired by Ancient Rome when they saw the fall of the Roman Republic and the establishment of a monarchy. That's the story of Palpatine becoming the Emperor which is what the PT is all about. Many feel its to show how Anakin became Vader, which is true, but just as important it showed the process Palpatine became the Emperor.

yeah need a 3PO...then I can end this destructive conflict (on my wallet) and bring order to my collection room 😁

The best 1/6 C3PO is Tamashii Nations Chogokin die cast figure with light up eyes. As much as i love HTs i don’t think they could do him any better expect maybe a weathered look. And the figure is very heavy. thing of beauty!!!

he’s a little expensive, usually in the 300-500$ range if in excellent condition.

When do the previews usually start showing up at SDCC? Wednesday? I think if memory serves correct we should be seeing bits and pieces of information trickle in around then. I’m impatient for new SW stuff from Hot Toys.

Yep. Show takes place thursday thru sunday and we usually get to see pre-show pics wednesday evening.

Yep. Show takes place thursday thru sunday and we usually get to see pre-show pics wednesday evening.

Oh awesome ! I thought it was just the weekend. I have a bad memory.

Just hope we get some early walkthrough videos before the masses. SS at least did that last year I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When do the previews usually start showing up at SDCC? Wednesday? I think if memory serves correct we should be seeing bits and pieces of information trickle in around then. I’m impatient for new SW stuff from Hot Toys.

Just a couple of few days within this week lol, bear with it though.

It would be kinda cool to see new SW reveals this year, you know as the refreshments after all these Marvel epidemics lately. But honestly I'm not getting my expectations high this time.

Oh awesome ! I thought it was just the weekend. I have a bad memory.

Just hope we get some early walkthrough videos before the masses. SS at least did that last year I recall.

Looking forward to some early videos too. Fingers crossed for some nice surprises.

And so it begins.

Well Marvel first cause........

5f73fa039594d5c25275429e74dda181.jpg

Back