Star Trek (Original Series) Season 1 Blu Ray Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my copy from Amazon today and I'm watching it right now. There are a couple of soft shots due to the source material, but the Blu-ray version REALLY looks fantastic. I'm glad I held out on buying the DVD versions, as this was really worth the purchase.

Just watched 'The Man Trap" last night with the effects turned on. It's a great transfer (never watched/owned the HDDVD versions). 65 bucks at Best Buy and I happened to have a gift card for $25 from Christmas still buring a hole in my wallet.... 40 bucks (plus tax) for a seven disc blu-ray set souned good to me!

DVD Empire actually had the Season 1 and 6 set movie collection for $43.99 each (with free shipping).

The movie set contains the theatical verisons and only Khan has been cleaned up for HD. At least that what the customers' reviews on Amazon are saying.

Got my Blu set in the mail today, and its fantastic! Be able to 'angle' between classic and redone fx versions is a nice touch! I highly recommend this.... and comes with a 'free' Sulu figure offer

Got my Blu set in the mail today, and its fantastic! Be able to 'angle' between classic and redone fx versions is a nice touch! I highly recommend this.... and comes with a 'free' Sulu figure offer

yeah, I love that feature. I don't think I would have bought this set if it were only the redone fx version. This is exactly what the star wars blu-rays should be like when released (though I'm sure they wont be).

And it sucks that the movie blurays are reportedly only the theatrical versions and not cleaned up... I guess there's going to be a double dip in the future (maybe in a 1-10 last-generation trek set?) =(

I watched the first episode last night and was blown away! I can't believe I've never seen a single episode before yesterday. Well now that has changed! :D

I'm surprised it is so affordable... will seasons 2 and 3 be the same price? If so I may have to go all in on this one :rock

I'm surprised it is so affordable... will seasons 2 and 3 be the same price? If so I may have to go all in on this one :rock

They might not be. By bringing this out during the release of the new film they're just trying to hook us on for the other two sets.... which will work, of course!

But honestly, this is really a super high quality release of an absolute classic show. The set is about as close to perfect as I've purchased on Blu-Ray. I havn't seen some of these episodes since I was a child.... It's been fun to rediscover them after all these years.

Back