SSR custom series 1/6 Scale Red Hero (Shazam)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So SSR first told me a couple of weeks ago they would send me a replacement head, now they are saying I need to reach out to my seller :rolleyes:

anyone whos getting the replacement sculpt
let me know if you want to sell the first version cheers (y)
Ummm....I think I just saw someone list this headsculpt on ebay, if that helps. I'm almost positive it's the headsculpt you're looking for.

Has this restocked anywhere..? I've been on the hunt for a couple months now.

Just received my upgraded headsculpt. While I think it's a definite improvement, my issue with this headsculpt is that both of them are hollowed out. They don't have inner sockets or pegs. The figure comes with a neck adapter but it's extremely loose which means you have to modify the fit. It's not a deal breaker but it's slightly frustrating and annoying.

Anyway, here are the 2 together.

Attachments

• 20230606_154011.jpg
    20230606_154011.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230606_154555.jpg
    20230606_154555.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230606_154341.jpg
    20230606_154341.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 0
Looks like my prayers were answered. As much as I love the smiling version, I prefer a serious looking Marvel. The company is now offering a brand new sculpt!! I like!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230606_164910_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230606_164910_Instagram.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230606_164857_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230606_164857_Instagram.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 0
Just received my copy and I definitely like the new sculpt far better and I am ok with the delay because of the change. I am definitely impressed at the representation of the Kingdom Come Captain Marvel. I only have 3 nitpicks on the figure.
1 - is the head socket. Each one of us will have to do some modding to get it to properly fit and pose; something that we really shouldn't have to do for a $350 figure. I love the figure. The price is understandable seeing this more as a custom than a large scale production piece so the value is there but still for the price...
2 - The material used for the sash and hand wraps. A different material is used in the promo pics and that looked better because it had deeper folds, much more better visually. The material is acceptable for use in the handwraps but I wish they had stayed with the original material for the sash.
3 - The cape, i am now accustomed to the material used but I wish it had twice the width. The width of the cape is barely enough to go around the figure and drape. There isn't enough to make it billow around and make it look natural.
That's it. I love this piece. It just is a perfect representation of Kingdom Come Captain Marvel. Do I wish it was cheaper? Yes, I wish it was $100.00 cheaper but the value is there. It doesn't even need the two bolt accessories. The only ding I would give it is the headsocket issue. If you love Kingdom Come, if you love what happens to Captain Marvel's character; IF you want to have a physical adaptation of that character, get this. You won't regret it.

Just received my copy and I definitely like the new sculpt far better and I am ok with the delay because of the change. I am definitely impressed at the representation of the Kingdom Come Captain Marvel. I only have 3 nitpicks on the figure.
1 - is the head socket. Each one of us will have to do some modding to get it to properly fit and pose; something that we really shouldn't have to do for a $350 figure. I love the figure. The price is understandable seeing this more as a custom than a large scale production piece so the value is there but still for the price...
2 - The material used for the sash and hand wraps. A different material is used in the promo pics and that looked better because it had deeper folds, much more better visually. The material is acceptable for use in the handwraps but I wish they had stayed with the original material for the sash.
3 - The cape, i am now accustomed to the material used but I wish it had twice the width. The width of the cape is barely enough to go around the figure and drape. There isn't enough to make it billow around and make it look natural.
That's it. I love this piece. It just is a perfect representation of Kingdom Come Captain Marvel. Do I wish it was cheaper? Yes, I wish it was $100.00 cheaper but the value is there. It doesn't even need the two bolt accessories. The only ding I would give it is the headsocket issue. If you love Kingdom Come, if you love what happens to Captain Marvel's character; IF you want to have a physical adaptation of that character, get this. You won't regret it.
I definitely agree about the head socket. It absolutely should fit better. I put a little piece of plastic or saran wrap around the adapter and it's pretty snug now. But you are 100% correct about that.

Back