Star Trek Movie 2009 : Figures ????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puremitch

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Anybody knows if any good figures will be released from the 2009 movie of STAR TREK ? I liked the actors in it and looking forward to getting some as figures !!!!

Thanks for your infos :)

Well, I broke down and bought the 12 inch Kirk, Spock and McCoy figures from Playmates from ToysRus last night. The likeness of Pine's Kirk is not a likeness at all but the Quinto Spock and Urban McCoy likenesses are fairly nice. The painting sucks though. Clothing and accessories are fine. I wish someone on this board would do the three likenesses justice so I could trade heads.

Step 1. Get playmayes 12inch figures
step 2. Repaints heads / replace bodies
Step 3. ?????????????????
Step 4. PROFIT!

doesn't Hot Toys Japan have a partnership with Playmates?

you think with such a huge fanbase, they'd eventually make a cool figure for once. even the sideshow pf look bad.

i love my nemesis picard though. art asylum should do the new trek, not playmates.

How about some new head sculpts with Starfleet Academy Unifoms? Red for everyone, and dark grey or black for Spock?

I think the ones I have seen are the playmates figures :monkey2 But I don't like them really....

So I came here to ask everybody about proper figures coming out anytime soon... I want a Kirk and a Spock from the movie :monkey4

nanjin opened a thread in Customs about getting uniforms and headsculpts of 2009 Star Trek characters :) Go for it !

Hi Puremitch!

As I live in France too, here is my advice!
Get the Playmate figs from Amazon.co.uk! They sell them for £ 14, which is a very fair price. The outfits are good enough. Then, go to the customization topic and take a look at Spenser's thread, "headsculpt page". He has done a Spock and Kirk HS which are both awesome. They'll soon be available and by mixing playmates outfits and Spenser's HS, you'll have the best ST2009 figs possible!

I know it's what I'm going to do! :D

Pretty good idea, thank you very much :)
I didn't see those playmates 12". The outfit looks great.

Has anyone seen the barbie versions? The outfits dont look that bad at all in my opinion

Playmates sucks. Seems like they wanted to make a big splash into 3 3/4" with Terminator and Star Trek but the quality blows.

I'd love to see Hot Toys do up Kirk and Spock at least. That'd be sweet.

Back