Star Trek Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is great to see homosexual characters in mainstream pop culture. That being said, Pegg was being extremely tacky and tone deaf making Sulu gay. He should have made Scotty gay.

nic-1.gif

:lol

Even though I don't want to see it, they should have left it in. There's no point in him being changed to a gay character if they're going to chicken out of showing a kiss that was put to film.

Mr. Scott was not gay. In one of the episodes he was given a love interest and she was female.

Mr. Scott was not gay. In one of the episodes he was given a love interest and she was female.

Neither was Sulu, that was kind of my point. If Pegg insists on making a classic character gay why Sulu? Because a noted gay rights advocate played him in the original series? Very tone deaf and dumb.

.........For the record, I REALLY wanted to like these... I saw the 2009 film and a lot of things really bugged me about it. I went into 'Into to Darkness' cautiously optimistic and threw my hands into the air. This one wont get a dime of my money. I really hope to see the old timeline restored sometime before I die. :)

The old timeline is still there. They can't make anymore movies along that line with these characters. The new series will be along the old timeline only with all new characters.

The old timeline is still there. They can't make anymore movies along that line with these characters. The new series will be along the old timeline only with all new characters.

I heard that rumor too that the new series will be in the original time line. I hope so.

Just got back from seeing this. I really enjoyed it. Loved the visuals and loved the McCoy/Spock banter. They need to do a movie with just them.
"Spock and Bones Take a Vacation." :lol

I don't want to say anymore, unless someone asks me something, until more have seen it. I may go and see it in 2D on Tuesday.

Got a nice, heavy stock Mondo style poster as a giveaway. Got a few extras too. :)

Back