Star Ace Toys: Rocky II: Street Clothes Rocky collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks really cool with the steps and Butkus from across the room. Every time I walk past him in my cabinet, at a glance he looks like Rocky. Then if I look closely he looks the guy on the subway from Ghost.
Just need a decent sculpt, the rest of the set looks pretty good.

If the Stallone shop street Rocky turns out good I'm gonna get him too, and he comes with three headsculpts so I'll use one for this Rocky.
You think the Stallone shop will be to scale and compatible with Star Ace?

I’m thinking of getting the Ultimate with the 3 sculpts too.

You think the Stallone shop will be to scale and compatible with Star Ace?

I’m thinking of getting the Ultimate with the 3 sculpts too.
Well, they are both 1/6 scale. The headsculpts both come off under the jaw, so it should fit fine

Well, they are both 1/6 scale. The headsculpts both come off under the jaw, so it should fit fine

You're right both sculpts are detached and not connected to the neck like some figures.

The only other concern would be the skin tone matching and the scale might be slightly off.

You're right both sculpts are detached and not connected to the neck like some figures.

The only other concern would be the skin tone matching and the scale might be slightly off.
I think skin tone will be fine, body is pretty white like the headsculpts

So I got mine delivered today!
Well, the figure is a big disappointment. Just like everyone else I was stoked for this figure till I opened the box & looked at the head sculpt. The head sculpt isn’t even anything close to the prototype photos displayed on the sites. It has got the likeness from some angles but to me the overall head sculpt is very goofy looking. It literally looks like a knock off version of a premium figure.

The hat on head is still ok to look at, but as soon as you remove that & put on the magnetic hair it’s like watching your favourite iconic character just turned into a nightmare which you wish you have never seen that face before.

Now the good side, the seamless body they used for the figure is good. Accessories are well painted & detailed. Clothing is the best part of this figure, the material they used for the jacket is fantastic & the iconic tiger monogram at the back came out really good. I got the normal version so it comes with a normal 1/6 display base with Rocky logo printed at the base in red looks cool.

Interchangeable hands are very basic & got some paint smudges which is really sad. So don’t expect Hot Toys quality here although the price is almost the same as a premium quality figure.

For me, as a big fan of the character, I’m still gonna keep it & will be looking for a custom replacement head sculpt that will compliment this figure.

Star Ace, should seriously look in to upgrading their quality in the future specially at this price point.

So I got mine delivered today!
Well, the figure is a big disappointment. Just like everyone else I was stoked for this figure till I opened the box & looked at the head sculpt. The head sculpt isn’t even anything close to the prototype photos displayed on the sites. It has got the likeness from some angles but to me the overall head sculpt is very goofy looking. It literally looks like a knock off version of a premium figure.

The hat on head is still ok to look at, but as soon as you remove that & put on the magnetic hair it’s like watching your favourite iconic character just turned into a nightmare which you wish you have never seen that face before.

Now the good side, the seamless body they used for the figure is good. Accessories are well painted & detailed. Clothing is the best part of this figure, the material they used for the jacket is fantastic & the iconic tiger monogram at the back came out really good. I got the normal version so it comes with a normal 1/6 display base with Rocky logo printed at the base in red looks cool.

Interchangeable hands are very basic & got some paint smudges which is really sad. So don’t expect Hot Toys quality here although the price is almost the same as a premium quality figure.

For me, as a big fan of the character, I’m still gonna keep it & will be looking for a custom replacement head sculpt that will compliment this figure.

Star Ace, should seriously look in to upgrading their quality in the future specially at this price point.
After I got over the denial phase of my grief caused by this figure, I sold him, to some poor soul. He got him for a lot less than I paid though, when you list this thing on Ebay everyone messages you asking for a close up of the headsculpt because they heard its terrible.

F@#k Star Ace I'm never buying anything from them ever again.

I received the Rocky 2 Figure from Star Ace today and was expecting the worst due to all of the negative reviews I usually refrain from posting on forums or social media but I felt it was necessary with this purchase.

I received the Rocky 2 Figure from Star Ace today and was expecting the worst due to all of the negative reviews I usually refrain from posting on forums or social media but I felt it was necessary with this purchase.

I just purchaed the outfit and moved on. The headsculpt was key, and they failed.

I purchased the suit, and used a third party head. I saved 300 dollars doing this and waaaaaayyyyy happier.

I actually LIKED Star Ace. I loved their Charlie Chaplin figure......gosh I hope it was from them. Any how, yeah...they need to really hit the next few out of the park, because this Rocky was a disaster.

I have not preordered Apollo and will not till I see the final product.

cannot defend that head sculpt. There are 3rd party heads that are better.

looks like a battle damaged head without blood.

Back