Star Ace Toys: Rocky II: Street Clothes Rocky collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to like Star Ace but they just fail continuously. It’s a shame. They pick up some interesting licenses but then they make poor or mediocre figures.

The proto was ok looking but the final product looks way off! So much so you could almost have them under the trade descriptions act.
This is why I never PO anymore, of course you always run the risk of missing out on a fig that looks awesome out the box but more often then not this does not happen.
Would be interesting to see if the sculpt is somehow salvageable?

The proto was ok looking but the final product looks way off! So much so you could almost have them under the trade descriptions act.
This is why I never PO anymore, of course you always run the risk of missing out on a fig that looks awesome out the box but more often then not this does not happen.
Would be interesting to see if the sculpt is somehow salvageable?
I think it's a lie and a crime. This company should be sued.

The best Star Ace figure to date probably still is Hermione - sculpted by KA Kim. They had some great licenses throughout the years but run them into the ground: Marilyn, Pulp Fiction, Underworld... just to name a few :banghead

After seeing pictures of the final product of Star ace rocky figure I cancelled my preorder of both rock & apollo creed figures .

I'm keeping this guy in my thoughts :cry::cry:
1682783799815.png

Who the hell is giving this company money? Everything I see from them is trash. But one man’s trash is another man’s waste of money I guess.

looks straight out of chemo clinic.

So i was expecting the worst, his headsculpt turned out average-good IMO can't really say for certain yet. The face photographs really bad up close, he definitley looks better in person. Everything apart from the headsculpt is great. I love the outfit, steps and Butkus. I'm glad I got him as I'm a huge Rocky fan and he definitley stands out with the diorama steps and everything, and even looks great from a small distance. But for this price the headsculpt should be great.
View attachment 636419
View attachment 636411View attachment 636412View attachment 636413View attachment 636414View attachment 636415View attachment 636416View attachment 636418

I know people give Star Ace crap and this release is pretty bad but they have released some decent figures. It seems like they’ve gotten worse instead of better over the last few years or so.

So i was expecting the worst, his headsculpt turned out average-good IMO can't really say for certain yet. The face photographs really bad up close, he definitley looks better in person. Everything apart from the headsculpt is great. I love the outfit, steps and Butkus. I'm glad I got him as I'm a huge Rocky fan and he definitley stands out with the diorama steps and everything, and even looks great from a small distance. But for this price the headsculpt should be great.
View attachment 636419
View attachment 636411View attachment 636412View attachment 636413View attachment 636414View attachment 636415View attachment 636416View attachment 636418
What body is it on? A TBLeague? Is it accurate to Stallone’s body shape or just the old M34?

What body is it on? A TBLeague? Is it accurate to Stallone’s body shape or just the old M34?
I have no idea about bodies tbh. It feels like a phicen body but it has a really strong smell to it. And fibres off the t shirt got all over it when I changed shirts, and I had to basically rub his arms clean with water to get the fibres off. In terms of shape, I doubt they modeled it after Stallone like Threezero did with their Rambo figures, but it looks good to me. He was bigger in Rocky II than he was in Rocky. Its maybe a little too Big, but not a massive difference. I really didn't look at it that long as its a street clothes Rocky.

Some of you never learn lol.

The fact that anyone bothered pre-ordering a SA figure is genuinely mind boggling.

Back