Star Ace Toys: 1:8 Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind the 1:8 scale. Wasn't expecting stellar likeness at this size so the sculpts don't bother me too much. What I am curious about is how far this line will extend. I don't want to sign up for Green Arrow and Flash only to have the line cancelled. Star Ace doesn't seem to have a stellar track record with continuing a given series (Harry Potter) and feedback so far doesn't seem stellar...

So I guess they won't be revising the Grant Gustin head sculpt, and they'll be releasing his stunt double instead.

Interesting that there's no real criticism going on in the review though... feels more like a sales pitch, like the 1:8 Harry Potter review does. :dance

So, how much $$$ Star Ace lost because of this awful lookin' 1:8 crap?
Any damage control? Are the fans blamed for it yet?

I follow Star Ace on Facebook, and they've announced 1/8th versions of Supergirl, Deathstroke and Martian Manhunter in the past few days. No pics of the actual figures yet, though.

I gotta say, I wasn't really enthusiastic about this line, given the scale and the look of the figures themselves, but they're already making more characters than I initially thought they would, so I may be more on board now. Because let's face it: There aren't a lot of great options when it comes to Arrowverse figures. I've purchased a few of the DCC offerings and found myself disappointed.

Such a weird line up...

How is it weird to make the title characters and a few popular side characters first?

The Supergirl teaser looks like they just shopped an publicity shot from the show, based on the wrinkles and the few strands of hair.

How is it weird to make the title characters and a few popular side characters first?
First they release Arrow from Season 5 and Flash from Season 2/3.

Maybe Deathstroke makes sense because he's a big part of Season 6 or something but I won't be watchin' it so I have no clue. He is Season 2' villain.

Supergirl and Martian Manhunter... Like, seriously? Freaking Martian before Reverse Flash? Supergirl before Legends?

Anyway, these figures look like dollies for kids. Maybe I'm not Star Ace' target audience.

Again, it makes perfect sense for them to release title characters first. Supergirl over the Legends is a no brainer considering she's explicitly the title character and because more than half the time, the Legends aren't even wearing their super suits.

Martian. Manhunter. Explain.

Popular. Character.

Reachin' for deepest depths of worthlessness in order to make an argument isn't helping the case. :lol
They wear them as much as Arrow characters, if not more.

No they don't. Maybe in the first season they did, but they've worn disguises more than the costumes in the promotional stills ever since the show got good.

I took some photos. I'll have a quick unboxing/review up on the Toys Will Be Toys YouTube channel shortly.

43710222984_2548022e01_k.jpg

43519089825_aa63efbd8c_k.jpg

30559232788_104048674c_k.jpg

I'm so excited that Supergirl has been teased. Personally, I think they should have come right out the gate with Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl promos all being shown at the same time. While I love the Martian Manhunter, I was a bit annoyed that one of the title characters was being not the the first teased for her show and wasn't one of the first three overall.

Back