Stan lee is coming....what should I get signed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Lee is coming....what should I get signed?

• Hulk PF (signature would be underneath base)

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Hulk Comiquette (signature would be underneath base)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dare Devil Com (signature would be on the blank nameplate)

• Wolverine comiquette (signature would be on top of the base)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Iron man Com Flag version (signature would be underneath base)

• Silver Surfer comiquette (signature would be on surfer board)

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • The Thing PF (signature would be underneath base)

• Spider Man Comiquette (signature would be back of wall base)

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • A Stan Lee comic book??

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • A 8x10 photo picture?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VS1976

Super Freak
Reaction score
Stan Lee (now 90) :horror will be finally coming to Vancouver Fan Expo in April. :) He has so many iconic characters....

Can't decide which to get my statue signed though....and should the signature be underneath the base or on top?

Hulk PF (underneath base)
Spiderman Comiquette (back of wall)
Iron Man comiquette (flag version underneath base)
The Thing PF (underneath base)
Wolverine Comiquette (top of the X base)
Silver Surfer comiquette (on surfboard)
Dare Devil comiquette (on blank plate)
Hulk Comiquette (underneath base)

If I have a chance to get it signed, it would definitely be Spiderman Comiq. But, man, I would be all skittish about him slipping while signing on that white wall. "Mr, Lee, is your hand cramped? Are you relaxed?" And lugging that 24" wall would be cumbersome.

I don't have a Hulk PF but that would be my next choice.

Good luck and I'm envious! :pfft:

I would go for Spiderman 1st & then Hulk. I've seen a few Spiderman Comiquette's signed on the wall & it looks good. You should get them all signed :D

I think as long as its a character that he created then it'll look great I think maybe hulk pf as there seems to be a lot of spidey comiquette around

Id pick the piece Id prefer to have his signature with and then find a comic cover that displays well as a companion piece and have him sign the comic cover, then put the comic with the statue.
Or the 8x10 glossy. Framed it would go well with your entire Marvel collection... ;monkey1

I would get as many pieces as I could signed by him if I were you. At his age, there is never a guarantee that you'll get this oppurtunity again.

I faced this problem last year at WW Chicago. I decided to get 8 pieces signed by him. Bowen designs FS classic museum Cap and Thor, chrome and painted museum Silver Surfers, and Faux Bronze Hulk. From my SSC pieces I had him sign my Hulk, Spidey, & Iron Man Coms.

To whittle down my choices I had one rule. I only had him sign characters he had a hand in creating or had a major part in their history. For example, he did not create Cap. However, he was vital in bringing the character into the modern era of comics and wrote some important Cap stories. Using this rule, I could factor out all of my modern X-MEN pieces. What good is it to have him sign a Wolverine, Nightcrawler, or Colossus statue? He has no connection to those character. This will still leave you with lots of options. Of those, pick the pieces that mean the most to you. Have fun hauling all those bases around. I did it over 2 days.

Stan is coming to WW Chicago again this August. I'm going in for round 2. I have many more statues that I want signed by "THE MAN". I hope some of this helped. As for which one piece I would pick, I'd have to go with the Spidey Com if you are only going to get one signature.

get something signed UNDER the base

I tried to avoid that whenever possible. I wanted as many signatures as visible as possible. I don't see the point of having his name on the bottom of a base where no one can see it. That's why I had Stan sign the top of the eagle head plaque area on the Com. A sig on the back wall is nice but I'm not going to display the statue backwards. This is just nothing more than a personal preference.

I would get as many pieces as I could signed by him if I were you. At his age, there is never a guarantee that you'll get this oppurtunity again.

I faced this problem last year at WW Chicago. I decided to get 8 pieces signed by him. Bowen designs FS classic museum Cap and Thor, chrome and painted museum Silver Surfers, and Faux Bronze Hulk. From my SSC pieces I had him sign my Hulk, Spidey, & Iron Man Coms.

To whittle down my choices I had one rule. I only had him sign characters he had a hand in creating or had a major part in their history. For example, he did not create Cap. However, he was vital in bringing the character into the modern era of comics and wrote some important Cap stories. Using this rule, I could factor out all of my modern X-MEN pieces. What good is it to have him sign a Wolverine, Nightcrawler, or Colossus statue? He has no connection to those character. This will still leave you with lots of options. Of those, pick the pieces that mean the most to you. Have fun hauling all those bases around. I did it over 2 days.

Stan is coming to WW Chicago again this August. I'm going in for round 2. I have many more statues that I want signed by "THE MAN". I hope some of this helped. As for which one piece I would pick, I'd have to go with the Spidey Com if you are only going to get one signature.

What's the going rate for a Stan the Man sig? Did you get a bulk discount rate?

I'd go with the Spider-Man Comiquette and have him sign the wall. :D

Everyone gets him to sign spidey. Im pretty even stan lee says "not another spiderman comiquette. ."

Hulk comiquette I wouldn't that miss spelling of sideshow is embarrassing imho.

It would depend on how many signatures you are getting how much are you willing to carry around.

I love showing off my statue (mostly brag) so I would totally have his signature on the base or on the statue itself (leg for me) under the base seem to be meh.. But I always like cap pf or movie sign the shield, classic iron man sign thr flag or black cat pf door of the safe looked kool. But if i had to choose ilike the daredevil comi empty name plate on the base very creative... I may have to steal that idea.

What's the going rate for a Stan the Man sig? Did you get a bulk discount rate?

There is no bulk rate. It's $50 a pop + a $5 service fee if you buy them online. It'll cost you an additional $5 if you want the signature verified. I did find out after the fact that I could have bought signature tickets at desert wind comics booth for $45 a piece if I paid cash. They are the company that gives you the COA for Stan's signature for an extra $5. I now know better for the second time around. Now for $50 I'll get his signature and a COA as well.

Last edited:
it looks tacky if it's out there in the open

I think it looks great on a base. However, I wouldn't get the actual figure signed. For me personally, that looks tacky. Again, this is just my opinion. We all have different tastes.

Spider-Man comiquette (on wall base.)

If you're going to get a statue signed, why hide it? (ESPECIALLY when it's Stan 'The Man' Lee.)

If the Hulk had a smooth-topped base, I'd say get that signed. BUT it doesn't, so Spider-Man for the win.

I will say, however, whenever I go to conventions, I get a photo taken with the celeb and then have them sign it. To me, that's the ultimate thing to have done, but this can definitely be an exception.

Have fun!! I'd like to meet him soon.

Back