Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that a sculpt which is fundamentally flawed should be redone. But there's allot going on here with the paint apps that impact the perception of this particular sculpt. Changing up the tone of the skin and removing the red tones and heavy gloss in and around his eyes will make a HUGE difference in its appearance and his perceived expression. Dry brush the hair to give it the highlights that would be there naturally and that removes that dull finish that places too much emphasis on the strands. A descent sculpt captures the essence of a character, but the paint apps have to bring it to life.
I was never happy with the initial sculpt in certain angles. Shown here is the best of the bunch of proto pics and does have a good likeness.
Next to it a screenshot from justins vid.
Hopefully the revised paint brings out the best of the sculpt.
Yes the eyes are too glossy and maybe the irises are too big comparing side by side, giving it a dead eyed or stoned look.
I hope they take note not only for the people who have paid already but to future customers.
Pride always comes before a fall and I can concede i've done my fair share of trolling but they should harden the **** up and at least take the constructive criticism and improve their product.

The oversized body, pleather boots, plastic knife, (sheath looks good) I can live with but the head makes or breaks it.

Attachments

• 20220704_181627-COLLAGE.jpg
    20220704_181627-COLLAGE.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
The proto, although not perfect, has a better aesthetic. With some hesitation I would have leaned more to purchasing it if it was closer to the proto. I still think it's over priced, but I could live with it even with all the BS behind this figure.

I was never happy with the initial sculpt in certain angles. Shown here is the best of the bunch of proto pics and does have a good likeness.
Next to it a screenshot from justins vid.
Hopefully the revised paint brings out the best of the sculpt.
Yes the eyes are too glossy and maybe the irises are too big comparing side by side, giving it a dead eyed or stoned look.
I hope they take note not only for the people who have paid already but to future customers.
Pride always comes before a fall and I can concede i've done my fair share of trolling but they should harden the **** up and at least take the constructive criticism and improve their product.

The oversized body, pleather boots, plastic knife, (sheath looks good) I can live with but the head makes or breaks it.

That side by side highlights one problem, the iris size is much larger on the production piece, and gives him alien looking eyes.

It's got to be the paint. Threezero went more naturalistic, Stallone Shop went with much more doll-like paint app. Come to think of it, it reminds me of the Hot Toys figures from the mid-2000s, Colonial Marines and such.

The Stallone shop one looks terrible. The simple fact that it needs a repaint to look decent is all telling, especially considering our boy Nick said that these would be “game changers.” Three zeros Rambo is incredible.

Oh Nick...

r4sd3eu.jpg

jMg5WvE.gif

*Pre order is available for the next 45 days,
Remember this ? Back in February Nicky on his Instagram said " it's selling out fast act quickly " and " only a 45 day pre order window then the price will rise from $260 to $290 " . Well here we are over six months later and it's still up for pre order on Stallone Shop ! Fact is , it's not selling well at all. Stallone Shop's foray into 1/6th scale figure business has been a disaster, from the comical promotion by Nick cordasco to the finished product. Hot Toys prices for a sub par headsculpt, bad paint , lack of accessories , pay in full upfront and overpriced. This figure hasn't sold many pre orders and because of that Stallone Shop won't risk wasting money making more figures and will abandon this venture. I can't see Cobra being released.

Back