SSF 2014 Spring Custom/Kitbash Figure Challenge! Winner Announced!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSF 2014 Spring Custom/Kitbash Figure Challenge! Re-Imagining of a Character!!!

Yes the theme is good, and i repeat is just fun to do because you just need to do what your brain says.
It's not a must to do something complicated, sometimes simplicity is the key.

Re: SSF 2014 Spring Custom/Kitbash Figure Challenge! Re-Imagining of a Character!!!

I just think for me personally I'm a bit confused on the criteria. What constitutes reimagine of a character, any examples?

It's just a work of your imagination, I think everybody has a own interpretation of his favorite character.
For example : you think the Joker from batman is thiner than you see him, so why not make a massive Joker like Bane in the comic.
There are no limit, just respect some details to remeber who is he, for the joker it coulb be his make up, his smile, all could remember him.

It's just a work of your imagination, I think everybody has a own interpretation of his favorite character.
For example : you think the Joker from batman is thiner than you see him, so why not make a massive Joker like Bane in the comic.
There are no limit, just respect some details to remeber who is he, for the joker it coulb be his make up, his smile, all could remember him.

Yep, basically taking a known character and thinking of a novel way to present him. Like Steampunk Batman, or Conan in the year 2525... it's really up to you how you would like to "interpret" the character. Also since it's not an accuracy kind of figure you can really do whatever you want.

I'd think even taking a figure and having your favorite actor in the role would fit the bill. Maybe you think Selleck really was the right choice for Indiana Jones, well now's the time to make it happen :lecture

Yep, basically taking a known character and thinking of a novel way to present him. Like Steampunk Batman, or Conan in the year 2525... it's really up to you how you would like to "interpret" the character. Also since it's not an accuracy kind of figure you can really do whatever you want.

I'd think even taking a figure and having your favorite actor in the role would fit the bill. Maybe you think Selleck really was the right choice for Indiana Jones, well now's the time to make it happen :lecture

Ahh thanks for the info guys, much appreciated, although I think I won't be able to do one myself I am very much looking forward to all yours!

Re: SSF 2014 Spring Custom/Kitbash Figure Challenge! Re-Imagining! Darth Malgus Priz

Prize has been comfirmed! Another awesome one, the 1/6 Darth Malgus from Sideshow :panic: :panic: :panic:

Re: SSF 2014 Spring Custom/Kitbash Figure Challenge! Re-Imagining! Darth Malgus Priz

Is it still possible to participate?
The deadline is short but I have the possibility of making something next week ^^

Prize has been comfirmed! Another awesome one, the 1/6 Darth Malgus from Sideshow :panic: :panic: :panic:

Oh man !! This a fantastic prize !!! Good luck for all of you guys!!

44A12092-9FDF-4FFF-B5FB-C550622451BC_zpsz3zvauad.jpg

Intrigued...

HELL.

YES.

Darth Malgus is hella cool, haven't bought a Sideshow Star Wars figure in ages because college, my fingers are crossed!

2014-03-14%2014.51.35.jpg

Is this for USA members only, or does it not matter?

Everyone one is welcome :duff

And chances are good for a win... only 8 eligible folks so far :huh

Ok ive not done anything like this before, but that prize is a must. Count me in mate! Now ive got to get crackin :panic:

Of course... I'll add you to the list :duff

Back