2018 Figure of the Year! Voting Starts TODAY! CONTEST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna throw in my 2 cents.....

1. HT YONDU
2. HT Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight
3. HT Tarkin

Honorable Mention : TBLeague Lady Death. Great and unusual release with tons of extras. Also , gave collectors another shot at a figure that was selling for 5 times retail on the aftermarket. thanks TBLeague!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I only got 1 HT this year: Anakin (technically 2 since I got the regular but sold it to get dark side lol) Definitely a great figure. Having said that, I think I’d give the top 3 HT (like any other company stands a chance) to...
1. Yondu
2. Jack Sparrow
3. Hela

Here's my pick!

1) Hot Toys Jack Sparrow DX15
40138498874_10ed5bda21_b.jpg
2) Hot Toys Yondu
32630176178_dfa921965e_b.jpg
3) Hot Toys Iron Man Mk VI Diecast
40564080051_1122d222b5_b.jpg

Honorable mentions..

4) Hot Toys Dark Side Anakin Skywalker
46503157431_1ce340f8f0_b.jpg
5) Hot Toys Hela
45590220935_b9ba5b3ca2_b.jpg

LOL all from Hot Toys :rotfl

Maybe the likes of NECA or any lower end action figure form shouldn't really be included in this. The majority of voters are pretty much Hot Toys only.

Maybe the likes of NECA or any lower end action figure form shouldn't really be included in this. The majority of voters are pretty much Hot Toys only.

Yeah. That's why the Popies have different categories by scale. Still, 1/6 scale is dead...nothing but MCU, DC, and SW. Same characters with different clothing. :sleep

It's been a few years since I've bought any HT...until Neo and John Wick.

My vote is

1. QMX Wesley - Awesome likeness, so glad he was made, we want more like this.
2. Hot Toys DX Sparrow
3. Hot Toys Hela

IMG_0172.jpg

Yes! Westley came out amazing! But no Disney Marvel (or any comic book) figures for me. Star Wars on the other hand..
ESB deluxe Fett
Jedi Luke

Leatherface (unbiasedly the best 'mass produced' horror figure made to date)

I can't understand why HT Jedi Luke is loved by so many people. Mediocre release from head to toe. It is a figure desperately needs mods to look good. For $230. Shameful.

MY TOP 3 is;

1) NECA TMNT Set
2) Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker
3) Hot Toys ESB Boba Fett

I don’t know if it counts due to its lack of mixed media, but I have got to say that Mondo has absolutely killed it with their Batman animated figure and he’s easily my figure of the year, in spite of the fact that I also got the 1/4 Scale Batman Begins figure from Hot Toys. This probably sounds weird, but Hot Toys figures intimidate me. I opened up the QS and checked everything out and it was like I was blown back in time to 2005, when I was 10 and got the DC Direct 13” figure. At the time, I was like “this is the biggest, coolest Batman ever...” and then I discovered Hot Toys. Fast forward to now and I’m looking at this QS Batman and reeling from how amazing I think the Bale headsculpt is, but I don’t really...do anything with it. Like, I’m afraid to pose it too much because it’s probably the most expensive thing I’ve ever bought, I don’t want to display it out in the open without a case of some sort (which I don’t have), so, I don’t bother taking any of the accessories or the cape out of the package, as I’d only have to try and remember how everything fit in when I have to repack it, and it’s just like “well, that was really cool. I look forward to exploring it more someday.”

...and then I get the Mondo Batman. And, maybe, it is the lack of mixed media that made me feel more at ease with it, but here I am with this thing and I actually, honest to goodness, played with it. I mean, I wrapped it up for myself for Christmas, opened it at probably 4 AM on Christmas Day, and must have been up until 7 just posing it and taking pictures and *gasp* having fun. But, visually, they have utterly succeeded in capturing the visual aesthetic of Bruce Timm’s Signature art style. This type of shading in 3 dimensions should not work as well as it does and yet, for as skeptical as I was of a few of the photos of this guy I’d seen over the years, there is not a single angle where he doesn’t look great and accurate to the show.

More than that, he’s jam packed with pretty much anything a person could think of, ridiculously articulated, and sturdy as hell. All of the paintwork is super crisp and, for the $150 price point, I think the only complaint I could even muster would probably be a combination of his height and the exclusive “swoooshing” cape as the cape is so damn heavy and so large that, unless you kind of angle it or the figure, it is literally taller than him and his feet will not be able to touch the ground. When you do get the right stance, it looks amazing, but it’s also so heavy that the number of poses you can really pull off with it are, effectively, just one (but it’s the only one you really need with that cape, so, I suppose it effectively serves its purpose :lol ).

Anyway, yeah. Those are my two cents. As far as figures that I don’t have, I’d probably have to go with the Homecoming stuff like a bunch of other people, just because that line is ridiculously good looking and I want them all.

Back