2018 Figure of the Year! Voting Starts TODAY! CONTEST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Voting still open.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Top 3 figures of the year, some tough choices, plenty of stupendous figures were released this year. My top 3:

1. The Hot Toys 1/4 QS009 Batman Begins Batman figure, I've been wanting a Batman from BB from HT, and then they delivered it in the awesome quarter scale. Batman Begins is one of my most favorite superhero films and to have a friggin' spectacular representation of the film is incredible to me. It's my first super high-end collectible BB figure and it's glorious :thud:

(I haven't gotten around to taking photos of my figure so I'll post a promo picture.)

MXOw6Nr.jpg

2. The Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark IV with Suit-Up Gantry. I quite like the earlier IM armors from the films, and the Mk IV has a comic evocation about it. This figure is so awesome, and on top of that, having a big, tech-y diorama to go along with it is just even more awesome. I'm a big fan of the "mech" aspect if IM and this set delivers.

0lZnm2t.jpg

CzWXzTd.jpg

yvmLCxa.jpg

wZJXRvS.jpg

3. The Mezco One:Twelve Collective Special Ops SDCC Punisher. The Punisher is my most favorite superhero of all time and I'm floored to be able to get this one. What I just absolutely like is that it has the classic silhouette outlay of the skull, white gloves, belt, and boots but also has a realistic tactical look and it just blows me away. It comes with a ton of accessories which definitely adds to it. I missed out on a few of the previous Punishers from Mezco but I have to say this is my most favorite Punisher action figure.

W0O4VyC.jpg

5Jk5fS3.jpg

I suppose I'll throw in a vote for the Hot Toys Iron Man Diecast Mark IV aswell. It's the only Hot Toys I bought this year and for the past couple of years actually.

There were a lot of really good figures out there this year. Only voted with figures I actually got:

HT Wonder Woman in Training Armor:
DIANA.jpg

HT Anakin Skywalker:
ANAKIN SKYWALKER.jpg

HT Tarkin:
TARKIN.jpg

...and I didn't get them until 2018, but I have to mention HT Hoth Leia & SSC Dengar as HMs:

LEIA.jpg

DENGAR.jpg

There are a lot of late comers from 2018 I haven't got yet that I wish had been in the running for 2018 like Mythos Kenobi and TLJ Luke. Maybe 2019...

There were a lot of really good figures out there this year. Only voted with figures I actually got:

HT Wonder Woman in Training Armor:
View attachment 438302

HT Anakin Skywalker:
View attachment 438303

HT Tarkin:
View attachment 438304

...and I didn't get them until 2018, but I have to mention HT Hoth Leia & SSC Dengar as HMs:

View attachment 438305

View attachment 438306

There are a lot of late comers from 2018 I haven't got yet that I wish had been in the running for 2018 like Mythos Kenobi and TLJ Luke. Maybe 2019...

Nice pics!

I suppose I'll throw in a vote for the Hot Toys Iron Man Diecast Mark IV aswell. It's the only Hot Toys I bought this year and for the past couple of years actually.

Can't go wrong, it's a fantastic figure.

They make one....I have it and its great for the price..

:thud:

Hahah no cheating!

Dont you like to be surprised?

I have not yet tabulated it, I have a spread sheet keeping track....

The top two rhyme with PooDoo and Fella.

Third is too close to call....

Objectively:

1. Tarkin
2. Neo
3. Jack Sparrow or Yondu

Personally:

1. Diecast Mark IV (Proportions, accessories, likeness -- in that order)
2. Neo (Shelf presence, likeness, accessories)
3. Tarkin (Likeness is a slam dunk)

*Edit: I should add that I would have had Tech Suit Homecoming Spider-Man in there, but the underlying sculpt/shape of his arms really lets me down. I love the figure but the arms lack definition and need to be angled just so or don't look right to me.

For me, it would be as follows:

1. Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin (ANH)
2. Hot Toys Yondu (GOTG2)
3. Hot Toys Hela (Ragnarok)

Of those three, the only one I personally have is Tarkin. But every picture I see of the other two seems amazing!

There were so many awesome figures, it’s my favorite year of collecting since I started. Here’s to another year of cool figures!

My top three:
QMX Westley/Dread Pirate Roberts
Hot Toys Yondu
JL Tactical Suit Batman

All picks are Hot Toys 1:6 figures.

1. ROTS Anakin Skywalker, dark side
2. ROTJ Emperor
3. ESB Darth Vader

Anakin is a split or pooled vote since he got 2 figures?

Back