SSC Voltron: Defender of the Universe Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Voltron: Defenders of the Universe Maquette

It is so detailed the price will be insane. It is so true though that Robot = Price Hike.

It's about as tall as Vader but there no other competition so they can charge $5000 if they want to.

Under $1000 I'll be shocked and happy.
Over $1000 I won't be shocked and pissed.
$575 I may get 2 and not open one.

I wonder if they wil be one per person. Then they can say they are making as many as they want and only build the ordered amount.

They really piss me off hiding the price till the day you can order it. Leaves no time to beg if you have too lol or plan what to sell if that's your route.

A Maquette is just a statue correct? Saw the video and love the piece but after reading about the possible price - will probably pass if in the $1000 range. Hopefully it'll be in the $500 range. I don't know much about maquettes or anything of this caliber.

Agreed no way!! I keep checking other prices but some are a lot and look simple and some are cheaper that look tougher.

This is a horrible week lol to wait for a price.

Would I be wrong to say given it popularity, it's a robot, it's insanely detailed and huge that it should be about $1499. I would now not be shocked to see it cost as much as R2 Legendary Scale at $2k

guys dont give SS any more ideas lol

its gonna be $500 fo sho :clap:ccheerlea

Agreed no way!! I keep checking other prices but some are a lot and look simple and some are cheaper that look tougher.

This is a horrible week lol to wait for a price.

Would I be wrong to say given it popularity, it's a robot, it's insanely detailed and huge that it should be about $1499. I would now not be shocked to see it cost as much as R2 Legendary Scale at $2k
I absolutely love this guy, certainly on this po, but I really can't see this at $2k or even $1,500 to be honest. Other than the detail the base doesn't look complex in any way and its a museum-like pose. I guess comparing price to the Sentinel SS Maquette might make sense.

I'm going to say somewhere the price falls in between $899 and $1,100. I'm thinking it comes in just below a grand not including shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yeah... not knowing much about PFs... i was shocked when i saw people saying they were guessing it would be $1000!!

i mean i'm just looking at it from a HT perspective... when you look at something like that hulkbuster figure they have coming. that thing is massive... 22" or so, detailed out the wazoo has electronics and such... and was $825 or something like that... can't understand how a painted statue could be costing more?

can't understand how a painted statue could be costing more?

Because this:

902502-optimus-prime-ultimate-edition-03.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...rime-ultimate-edition-prime-1-studio-9025021/

Be prepared to shell out well over $1000....

It is so detailed the price will be insane. It is so true though that Robot = Price Hike.

It's about as tall as Vader but there no other competition so they can charge $5000 if they want to.

Under $1000 I'll be shocked and happy.
Over $1000 I won't be shocked and pissed.
$575 I may get 2 and not open one.

I wonder if they wil be one per person. Then they can say they are making as many as they want and only build the ordered amount.

They really piss me off hiding the price till the day you can order it. Leaves no time to beg if you have too lol or plan what to sell if that's your route.

Hint: Start selling stuff. :lol

yea i saw that one when looking at sideshow trying to get an idea on PF stuff...
Dam that's crazy expensive! i get it has dif heads and weapons and lights and stuff... but sheezus!!!

if it's that expensive, i'll have to pass. as cool as it strikes me... that kinda cash is nutz for some custom painted plaster! lol ;)

That the exclusive paintjob?

:rotfl

Ok I have PP lol also known as Price Paranoia I've been waiting forever and with just a few days to go I'm sweating $$$

I was bored waiting so I bought other stuff. I'm 99% sure it's getting ordered by me. My Vader/Fett combo is 1 month from the finish line. I did order Kylo as well but I figure the Ren/Voltron duo will cost me less anyway per month. It's a damn refi lol I'm hoping there is no delay like my NO Trooper, let's get this underway.

I thought about paying off some items but why bother there's no interest.... Yet

What I was or had meant before is I wouldn't be shocked at 2k but I think $1499 is the highest it could be but I'm thinking $1k

Where the price pool, we can all lay bets. Winner gets a free Voltron from Sideshow.

I was checking out some photos online just to see some of the detail I passed over before and it truly is nice. Obviously there have been many before as or more detailed but it just feels like it wants to be broken down into lions.

It would be crazy if it was semi-poseable but my point was this.

Like other items for example Vader was revealed to have far more light-up features than originally advertised and not surprisingly it was where you would expect, the belt, chest but the base while not totally expected it seemed like it had a good chance just from looking at the design before I ordered the Vader and while I honestly yelled hell yeah when seeing the video I wasn't to shocked.

So when looking at Voltron I was trying to think about what else they could do that would not be a huge task besides the light up eyes revealed in the video. I'm guessing like Vader they already knew during the planning he and his base would light up so with Voltron there's more to be revealed. So again like Vader I studied the pix hoping to get some ideas.

1) the sword has that orange looking center so my thought is that it will be lit up. Maybe like a clear orange plastic with an led to shine down the length. She said it comes in 11 pieces with the sword being 1 and it looks perfect to be made into a light up feature.
2) the round joints at his front hips. They have little rectangles similar the 3As Halo figures they are another perfect accent for lighting as well as others around the body.
3) all the lions eyes. Not a genius observation but definitely a possibility.
4) base and while it's just a plain looking piece of moon with the subtle look that Voltron just hit the floor and yes I love the way it looks in the area under the Yellow lion. They could really hit it if they made it semi-transparent with a light underneath and it would glow a soft blue/gray/white

All said with the base a big stretch I truly think the first 3 could and may happen. What do you people think or any other ideas.

I feel like the new thing seems to be extra features down the road but I'm a fairly new collector so maybe it's not all that new.

I expect about $1K.

Prime 1 is in a different league, IMO, in terms of quality/detail with that Optimus. No disrespect to Sideshow, but this shouldn't be marketed/lumped in that same tier.

I expect about $1K.

Prime 1 is in a different league, IMO, in terms of quality/detail with that Optimus. No disrespect to Sideshow, but this shouldn't be marketed/lumped in that same tier.
well put. right on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

IMO I feel Sideshow has stepped it up with the latest round of PF. Looking back yeah I give a big yikes at some of their stuff, but at least with the PFs to me they seem fantastic looking.

Not a huge 1/6 fan of theirs although some have been good.

I think the Voltron if the QC is on will be a win for them.

Agreed but for $200 as well.

I feel like my Storm Trooper PF is flawless. I can't find anything, not even a drip in the paint.

Back