SSC Voltron: Defender of the Universe Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Voltron: Defenders of the Universe Maquette

Think I'm gonna spend my money on the new turtles instead. I will prob get all four for close to the price of this thing after I toss in my points.

Looks like I gotta sell some of my collection to justify this beast. :)

Honestly dont know what Im gonna do yet. Havent been buying as many statues lately and seems like now that Ive caught up, the really nostalgic stuff trickles out pretty slowly. Turtles already hit me hard. this crazy thing is expensive as heck as well, but it would be a pretty massive item to cross off my list

my head hurts

I was buying it no matter. Maybe SS will say free shipping like my Ren and Trooper but hide it in the price hike.

I expect in the final reveal for the sword to light up, all lions and nodules on the body as well as the base in some way.

No we can post PO'd on Thursday and wait 1 year.

for that kind of coin all of the eyes should light up.

That is all I will say Ink : )

I agree - the light-up feature is lacking.

I like it. Don't love it. Give me a small ES and I'll reconsider. I'd rather upgrade to a Prime 1 piece for a few more hundred dollars. Looks nice though.

Ok I found something I don't like. I've looked 100s of times but I never noticed till the closeup of the sword tip. I love the sword don't get me wrong but the 4 raised bolt/screw heads gotta go in my opinion. Just looks weird on a sword that forms out of the air. Regardless of how it forms they should ditch them. I like it with them anyway just saying to remove them.

They should make them cut out like the 2 above them before the blade gets wider.

Just like Vader there will be more light up features. The numbers on the base look like they are made to light up as do a few other parts.

Great looking piece. I am not enough of a Voltron fan to spend that kind of cash, but I don't think the price is necessarily out of line. I think it was Matt Black on the other forum who mentioned that this probably has several parts which makes it more difficult/expensive to produce. Of course everyone posting after completely ignored that comment.

If it comes out well though, this is a piece that will dominate a hobby room.

I think people including myself forget it's not one piece. I learned a lot watching Sideshow production videos so I really thought it would be $1500 after they said 11 parts. It's an amazing process for sure. I'd love to see the whole process but they never would make it for Voltron.

It's sure to include more features by the time it comes out for shipping. Anyone on the fence will regret not getting it but I'm wondering if it will be limited. I also wonder if they will post a non-sword photo. I suppose the red lion will not be swappable with no sword. I know the sword is separate but still a second arm. Wonder what it would look like in the iconic pose with the sword up in the air with the green lion straight out would have looked like.

Is there a normal time they sell when released like 9am PT.

Great looking piece. I am not enough of a Voltron fan to spend that kind of cash, but I don't think the price is necessarily out of line. I think it was Matt Black on the other forum who mentioned that this probably has several parts which makes it more difficult/expensive to produce. Of course everyone posting after completely ignored that comment.

Not surprised with that place..They like bitching about Sideshow's prices, but trip over each other to pay some unknown person in Singapore double price for an XM statue :rolleyes2

Yeah 3pm Eastern Time sounds right. The Ex has a shield. Kidding. I honestly don't even recall that shield in the cartoon and if it was it was not used enough to be included in every kit. I have 4 different ones and all have that dumb shield that's so small lol.

that does very little to explain the price in my opinion. They are milking it for a perceived value. I think we would all be shocked at what the actual cost to make this is.

I don't think we'll know if it's worth it until in-hand pics arrive. If it's near the complexity and quality of the Prime 1 Transformer line then I don't think the price is out of line. I believe Alex said that it's comprised of over 100 individual pieces, which could lend a complexity to the design.

I do wonder the actual cost. I suppose it has to be many man hours to paint and weather it. They must be getting paid decent, especially all the time put in to get it ready for production like concept artists and so on. I guess it's like prescription drugs, the charge a ton then blame the research which I'm sure many of those places get large sums of money from donations and the government.

Lol anyway once that's all done if I had to guess I'd say under $500 to make but I'm sure I'm wrong. I have to say this like many others look like a lot of work to paint all that tiny stuff.

Lol anyway once that's all done if I had to guess I'd say under $500 to make but I'm sure I'm wrong. I have to say this like many others look like a lot of work to paint all that tiny stuff.

I don't think that's a bad estimate. Then add overhead, shipping, labor, and a decent profit margin and you're up to $1,250.

I just ordered so yeah $20 shipping is a joke why bother lol just make it free. The NRD was sort of a shock at $125.

No complaints but this whole item is priced strange at all points lol

So no print included, right?

voltron-maquette-400281-21.jpg

Back