SSC Voltron: Defender of the Universe Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Voltron Defender of the Universe Statue

I actually just got more excited over this.

SDCC2015-Toynami-Voltron-014.jpg

SDCC2015-Toynami-Voltron-002.jpg

Appearance wise the statue is far more appealing to me, I like the realistic portrayal without being to stylized, but man, as far as a figure goes, that one can't be beat lol who's making that and where can I get it.

Appearance wise the statue is far more appealing to me, I like the realistic portrayal without being to stylized, but man, as far as a figure goes, that one can't be beat lol who's making that and where can I get it.

Oritoy Ultimate Voltron, distributed by Toynami

That's the only info so far:impatient:

Damn! So glad to hear that this project belongs to Prime 1 Studios and not Sideshow. What a relief. Yeah, it's going to cost more, but I prefer their quality.

Just a suggestion... the title to this thread should reflect that this piece is a "Prime 1 Studios" project. Not sure if the OP has access to this, but a Mod certainly does.

One thing that's starting to bother me with this piece are the thighs.

Because of the way the thighs taper down and have a slender appearance, it makes the piece look like a guy wearing a Voltron costume. The thighs need to be a bit bulkier or at least more mechanical looking.

I know this is an artistic interpretation, but the core of this character is a set of 5 robotic lions, interlocking together into the shape of a man. Not a guy going out trick or treating for Halloween.

I assume his thighs would make a lot more sense to you if you were able to see the torso in lion form on it own.

By Prime1...no wonder why he seems to have some bayformer in his dna.

I mean I dig Prime1's detailing...but...meh...dont need it in my house for that money.
If they did an oldschool version, with that type of detailing, it would be an easy buy for me.

Hunt/Wait continues for a large scale Voltron.:impatient:
Been holding off for the past year or so on buying the figure version just to hold me over until then. :wink1:

Just a suggestion... the title to this thread should reflect that this piece is a "Prime 1 Studios" project. Not sure if the OP has access to this, but a Mod certainly does.

I was waiting to see for sure all info on the piece. I am aware of what to do and understand changes need to be made. Thanks.

other forums say it was for SS.

Voltron Defender of the Universe Statue

This statue looked fantastic in person, though I wish I could have seen it painted.

5307554f33e3589c14a5d7e50c978e72.jpg

99a7ab51e8e07a7e60495731e5cef626.jpg

While great, it doesn't scream Voltron to me. Much like the Bayformer Optimus Prime (and he gets a lot of great looking collectibles)

I actually just got more excited over this.

SDCC2015-Toynami-Voltron-014.jpg

SDCC2015-Toynami-Voltron-002.jpg

This, on the other hand, I MUST have.

The toys do nothing for me anymore

That's pretty much how I feel too ink. Now a fully sculpted original Voltron statue would be pretty kick ass.

That's pretty much how I feel too ink. Now a fully sculpted original Voltron statue would be pretty kick ass.

I got reserve for this piece, but an original I would instant buy

:clap:clap:clap

I will have ALL the Voltrons... except that goofy blocky minimites toynami junk. I only hate two Voltrons I've ever seen... the Panosh and that garbage. The new dx toynami looks awesome, but the sideshow statue I smitten with. The face bothers me only because I'm a purist, but on it's own, it looks good. It does have a bayformer-esque quality to it, but it pays better homage to the og Voltron than the bayformers do to their counterparts. I can't wait to see it painted. Hopefully they don't mess it up. Tough call to go chomy or flatter.

once colors are added, this thing is gonna pop! can't wait to see this painted.

once colors are added, this thing is gonna pop! can't wait to see this painted.

That's what I think too. Maybe the chrome-like paint on the thighs will resolve the issue I have with them.

Back