Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey!

When I think Thor I think about the first PF. That piece is absolutely amazing and it says GOD OF THUNDER to me.....I also like the 1:1 bust that just started to arrive at people's homes. Amazing looking piece....

This new PF does not scream THOR to me. Yeah, the likeness is amazing and the costume pretty cool but in my humble opinion it screams "I'M A ACTOR PLAYING THOR" instead.

Destroyer in the other hand looks very very cool. I think I would get that to go with the first Thor PF.

I don't know.....It is a bit early to criticize but SS showed us a lot and like I said, it looks like a great looking piece, just it doesn't say "THOR' to me.....

Just my two cents....

Cheers

Bear

Yea the First PF is amazing, i almost came very close to selling the Original Thor PF at 600, a combination of space and shifting priorities to Hot Toys. But alas I couldn't part with it T.T

Luckily the buyer was understanding and didn't rage on me for calling it off at the last min

Hey!

When I think Thor I think about the first PF. That piece is absolutely amazing and it says GOD OF THUNDER to me.....I also like the 1:1 bust that just started to arrive at people's homes. Amazing looking piece....

This new PF does not scream THOR to me. Yeah, the likeness is amazing and the costume pretty cool but in my humble opinion it screams "I'M A ACTOR PLAYING THOR" instead.

Destroyer in the other hand looks very very cool. I think I would get that to go with the first Thor PF.

I don't know.....It is a bit early to criticize but SS showed us a lot and like I said, it looks like a great looking piece, just it doesn't say "THOR' to me.....

Just my two cents....

Cheers

Bear

I agree with everything you have said but less us remember one thing, we havent seen this movie yet, for us to become passionate about this new version of Thor. Had i seen iron man figures and statues prior to seeing iron man my response would have been "hey look that is a pretty interesting robert downey jr dressed as iron man statue" Hopefully we love the movie and our affinity for the new design will change.

Maybe I'm missing something because I don't see a bored, tired, emotionless Thor....or a likeness that is 'off'. I see a great looking PF with an incredible likeness. :dunno This has to be be Trevor's work....either way I'm getting both of these. :lecture

Agreed! Both pieces are gonna be amazing on display and freaking rock :rock

I was wondering when Sideshow was going to release a movie version Destroyer and here it is. As a rule I don't buy movie versions of my favorite character and like the movie version of Juggernaut I really don't like this version of Thor.

Since I have the first original Thor PF I see no need to spend money on this movie version of Thor. The Destroyer is however a different matter. Since I am a big time Destroyer fan I may make an exception depending on the pose and price of this. If it lights up in the face then definite buy based on price. I really wanted Sideshow to do a comic version of the Destroyer but I highly doubt they would since they haven't even done a comic version of the Juggernaut and its been out for years.

Bear do you feel the same way about the HT Thor fig or just this PF? :)

I feel the same way about HT. I actually don't mind Odin so much but the problem that SS has is that they have done an amazing Thor PF before so we tend to compare it and.....personally....I just think Thor should have a stronger expression, a more "I'm here to fight for humanity" (screaming and with conviction) type of attitude and not this one that says " here I am......." (think calm and cool way of saying)

He is THOR, for pit's sake........ AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! :gah:

I agree with everything you have said but less us remember one thing, we havent seen this movie yet, for us to become passionate about this new version of Thor. Had i seen iron man figures and statues prior to seeing iron man my response would have been "hey look that is a pretty interesting robert downey jr dressed as iron man statue" Hopefully we love the movie and our affinity for the new design will change.

Yes, we haven't seen the movie, but Iron Man is different cause the personality is cool and collected......that is Tony Stark and also RDJ....

When I think of the God of Thunder I think fighter, power, a strong and powerful character that will stop at nothing to save humanity.....but the PF just says 'Hey, how are you doing?"

Think of Hulk not having a strong powerful expression and not looking like he is ready to kick butt.......it wouldn't work.....

I think of Thor as a very powerful strong character and this does not come across in this PF....

But I do like Destroyer a lot, though.....

Ahahahahahahahah
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Maybe 4 three just isn't my style :cuckoo:

Lol seriously though I hope it isn't through the roof expensive cause I must have them both, which is andangerous thought at the moment.

Agreed, considering the Iron Man costs over $2000 w/shipping I think :monkey1

Buying the set here wouldn't be easy to hide from the wifey when she scans the monthly statement :lol

Back