SSC Storm Shadow (V2) Assassin 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the preview page for Storm Shadow: Assassin again and there's no mention of any preview. As we all know, traditionally, Thursday pre-orders ar epreviewed on Tuesday. Maybe Sideshow changed their policy?

EDIT: Spoke too soon, should've checked the post before mine. My enthusiasm has abated somewhat. No ninja claws. And Sideshow is clearly not intending this version to be the "Joe" version of Storm Shadow.

:D Just gotta know how to look for it :D

FYI, I simply googled "Sideshowtoy + Expierence"

and it was the first link on the expierence page.

can't figure out how the hell to FIND the expierence page from the new site.

Just checked the preview page for Storm Shadow: Assassin again and there's no mention of any preview. As we all know, traditionally, Thursday pre-orders ar epreviewed on Tuesday. Maybe Sideshow changed their policy?

EDIT: Spoke too soon, should've checked the post before mine. My enthusiasm has abated somewhat. No ninja claws. And Sideshow is clearly not intending this version to be the "Joe" version of Storm Shadow.

They're not showing everything yet though, just a few choice shots, so there's still a possibility for the claws shown in the concept sketch. It's odd that they list him as a Cobra, yet didn't include the sigil on his gi but gave him a Cobra stand. Makes me think it was just blatant newbism on SSC's part as far as allegiance goes. Will be leaving the Ex swords in the box though and displaying him on a Joe stand.

They're not showing everything yet though, just a few choice shots, so there's still a possibility for the claws shown in the concept sketch. It's odd that they list him as a Cobra, yet didn't include the sigil on his gi but gave him a Cobra stand. Makes me think it was just blatant newbism on SSC's part as far as allegiance goes. Will be leaving the Ex swords in the box though and displaying him on a Joe stand.

True. The shots of him stalking Snake Eyes seems like he's set up to be a Cobra, but Sideshow included this ambiguous line in their description:

"The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Storm Shadow Sixth Scale Figure will also include a cobra head katana accessory (above left). Wherever his allegiance lies, Storm Shadow is always ready to strike!"

Guess this version is Joe or Cobra, depending on the buyer's preference.

No claw, are you kidding me??

It is just a preview.

True. The shots of him stalking Snake Eyes seems like he's set up to be a Cobra, but Sideshow included this ambiguous line in their description:

"The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Storm Shadow Sixth Scale Figure will also include a cobra head katana accessory (above left). Wherever his allegiance lies, Storm Shadow is always ready to strike!"

Guess this version is Joe or Cobra, depending on the buyer's preference.

Yup. Pretty much how I see it.

I wonder what his normal sword looks like. Or if he even comes with one. And his claw? Guess we'll have to wait tomorrow.

And that vest is sort of weird but a cool piece for a firefly rebuild.

:D Just gotta know how to look for it :D

FYI, I simply googled "Sideshowtoy + Expierence"

and it was the first link on the expierence page.

can't figure out how the hell to FIND the expierence page from the new site.

Go to the bottom right side of Sideshow's Home Page, look for the words "Sideshow Experience" under the social network links, click on "Our Blog", Previews are listed under "Design and Development" section.

:lol

Makes me wonder what kind of discussions they have when they make these kinds of decisions.

Yup. If that'd been their intent, they would've said it in the vid. "Stormshadow includes a set of Cobra swords for those collectors who missed the opportunity to get him the first time and would prefer him as a Cobra." kinda like they did with the 2nd SE, announcing him as an either or. The meetings to fix these kinda things are probably like, "How can we spin this so we don't look completely inept?" :lol

I'm betting that's 100% CYA to cover their ****-up. :lol

Excerpt from Destro's upcoming description:

"The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Destro Sixth Scale Figure will also include a second headsculpt (above left). Whichever mask he wears, whether it be ratcheted, spiked, or clean and classic (not included,) and whatever he wears, whether it be a trench coat or his classic jumpsuit (not included) Destro is always ready to strike!"

Excerpt from Destro's upcoming description:

"The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Destro Sixth Scale Figure will also include a second headsculpt (above left). Whichever mask he wears, whether it be ratcheted, spiked, or clean and classic (not included,) and whatever he wears, whether it be a trench coat or his classic jumpsuit (not included) Destro is always ready to strike!"

Super unapologetic.

If I recall in the DDP series Stormshadow still carries his Cobra hilted sword when on the Joe's side so no need to get rid of them to have him be a Joe unless you want. That also lends credence to the fact this is ostensibly a mash-up of all post V1 ARAH Storm Shadows.

If I recall in the DDP series Stormshadow still carries his Cobra hilted sword when on the Joe's side so no need to get rid of them to have him be a Joe unless you want. That also lends credence to the fact this is ostensibly a mash-up of all post V1 ARAH Storm Shadows.

DDP series = fan fiction = no good and Sideshow's only included a Cobra base.

DDP series = fan fiction = no good and Sideshow's only included a Cobra base.

Actually from what I've heard, the deluxe Cobra bases shown at SDCC are sold separately, so it's unknown if he comes with any stand.

Besides, I never played with Storm Shadow V2 as a Joe so a Cobra affiliation is fine with me. Who else is SE going to fight with a sword?

It may be too derivative from the original Storm Shadow V2, but I still like it and will pick it up at retail.

Back