SSC Storm Shadow (V2) Assassin 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they had already decided to go ***** out with their interpretation, sure. Because I wouldn't care at that point. If they aren't trying to stick to the source in any substantial way to begin with, then getting one or two details wrong is irrelevant.

If they had already decided to go ***** out with their interpretation, sure. Because I wouldn't care at that point. If they aren't trying to stick to the source in any substantial way to begin with, then getting one or two details wrong is irrelevant.

But you're still wrong. This isn't "***** out." This is very specific to a representation of Storm Shadow and they've quite ineptly errored in what team he's on. It's not a minor mistake, it's a HUGE oversight. And I call BS. If they'd ****ed up on Flint or Zartan, you would've been whining your *** off.

So, my initial excitement has subsided somewhat.

The masked headsculpt definitely needs to be tweaked. We don't need a fat faced Storm Shadow. The side perspective view from the teaser looked nice, but the front view SDCC pics, not so much.

Skintone needs to be darker / tanner as well.

As Sideshow is notorious for not being able to futz their figures, but that hood is horrendous.

So, my initial excitement has subsided somewhat.

The masked headsculpt definitely needs to be tweaked. We don't need a fat faced Storm Shadow. The side perspective view from the teaser looked nice, but the front view SDCC pics, not so much.

Skintone needs to be darker / tanner as well.

As Sideshow is notorious for not being able to futz their figures, but that hood is horrendous.

:lol

FATFACE!

But you're still wrong. This isn't "***** out." This is very specific to a representation of Storm Shadow and they've quite ineptly errored in what team he's on. It's not a minor mistake, it's a HUGE oversight. And I call BS. If they'd ****ed up on Flint or Zartan, you would've been whining your *** off.

No, if those figures were beyond saving from a design POV then complaining about allegiance would be irrelevant, like I said before.

And very specific? What exactly connects him to the old V2 figure? Very few, superficial things--hood, some form of gray camo, the claw and bow accessories. . .the rest (backpack, sandals, short-sleeves, mask, camo pattern) is all interpretation and Devil's Due. This isn't V2 Stormshadow by any stretch.

No, if those figures were beyond saving from a design POV then complaining about allegiance would be irrelevant, like I said before.

And very specific? What exactly connects him to the old V2 figure? Very few, superficial things--hood, some form of gray camo, the claw and bow accessories. . .the rest (backpack, sandals, short-sleeves, mask, camo pattern) is all interpretation and Devil's Due. This isn't V2 Stormshadow by any stretch.

ccfacepalm.jpg

Come on, even you don't believe that.

I'm sorry if folks disagree with my opinion, but I'm entitled to it :lol If the fact that this Storm Shadow is being passed off as a Cobra is the dealbreaker to you, while everything else is seen as a perfectly acceptable update to the 1988 Storm Shadow, then I'm sorry that that's the case. In my eyes, like King Darkness says, this is "Sideshow's V2 Storm Shadow." I don't consider it an '88 update, because way too many liberties have been taken, so the fact that he's a Cobra doesn't really bother me at all. He's a wacky hodgepodge of things. If everything else screamed '88 Storm Shadow except the fact that he's a Cobra, then I would find it odd.

I'm sorry if folks disagree with my opinion, but I'm entitled to it :lol If the fact that this Storm Shadow is being passed off as a Cobra is the dealbreaker to you, while everything else is seen as a perfectly acceptable update to the 1988 Storm Shadow, then I'm sorry that that's the case. In my eyes, like King Darkness says, this is "Sideshow's V2 Storm Shadow." I don't consider it an '88 update, because way too many liberties have been taken, so the fact that he's a Cobra doesn't really bother me at all. He's a wacky hodgepodge of things. If everything else screamed '88 Storm Shadow except the fact that he's a Cobra, then I would find it odd.

[ame]https://youtu.be/HM36ZvMS81c[/ame]

The idea of Stormshadow being Joe is pathetic. I am perfectly OK with this...and every other...rendition of Storm Shadow being labeled as Cobra. Making him Joe was nothing more than the same kind of pandering that had Darth vader dress in white and call himself a Jedi.

Make my Storm Shadow Cobra!

He's fine with me. I'll think of this as the Joe version of him no matter what the label says. It's close enough with alot of those elements. Besides if you ever read the Marvel comics back in the day he only joined Cobra to find his uncle's murderer which everyone thought was him.

The idea of Stormshadow being Joe is pathetic. I am perfectly OK with this...and every other...rendition of Storm Shadow being labeled as Cobra. Making him Joe was nothing more than the same kind of pandering that had Darth vader dress in white and call himself a Jedi.

Make my Storm Shadow Cobra!

Seconded. Dearth Cruel speaks the truth.

Didn't Dark Horse try to make Bona Fett a good guy at some point too? Or maybe the novelizations? Keep the bad guys bad.

Something I'm thinking about:

If the new stands are a few inches tall to hold gear, isn't that gonna screw up your Detolf displays/posing?

Why couldn't they just keep the same old stands they're using for all their other lines, or are those changing too? I know Boba Fett had a Bespin stand, but also a traditional stand....

Something I'm thinking about:

If the new stands are a few inches tall to hold gear, isn't that gonna screw up your Detolf displays/posing?

Why couldn't they just keep the same old stands they're using for all their other lines, or are those changing too? I know Boba Fett had a Bespin stand, but also a traditional stand....

I hate the new stands because as you said...the display will have one higher than the other

Back