SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do people actually collect SSC Marvel? None of their offerings are appealing at all. They should stick with PFs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If they simply made their 1/6 figures the same design as the PFs, both this and the DC would have been awesome lines.
As it stands though, I'm pretty happy with them, a big part due to what's available. For me, the Hot Toys ones don't represent the characters enough. HT Reeves Supes is excellent, and at least in a classic costume. BvS Bats is also excellent, but the costume isn't classic comic enough. In my opinion, none of the Jackman Wolverines look like Wolverine, so forced to go SSC. I think this looks great! If we're lucky, we'll get that yellow tiger stripe version!

I think their Wolverine looks okay (although I'm not a Wolverine fan or an X-Man fan) and Punisher was good except for the logo and boots not matching in color as I recall. DD looks good except for a couple areas of his outfit that look a little too kitbashed together. I think Sideshow's comic-based Marvel figures are much better than their comic-based DC figures, which suffer from oversized heads (Superman), misshapen bodies with stubby legs (Batman) and ugly faces (also Batman) that inexplicably don't have noses (Batman yet again.)

But I really wish Sideshow would have gotten to Doom much sooner.

SSC Supes is a very underrated figure. And aside from the nose, SSC Batman is not only one of their best figures, but in my opinion, one of the best Batman figures made. Aside from some folks having knee issues, their Joker is fantastic as well...

SSC Supes is a very underrated figure. And aside from the nose, SSC Batman is not only one of their best figures, but in my opinion, one of the best Batman figures made. Aside from some folks having knee issues, their Joker is fantastic as well...
SSC Superman only problems were the scrawny body they chose to use instead of using the Batman body and how the belt didn't cover the top of the shorts/underwear like in the comics.

Other than that, it was great.

And for me, Batman's only flaw was the hideous face plates. They were disgusting.

Superman's body is what keeps that figure from being phenomenal. Everyone who has swapped the body with even just using the Batman body has made this thing look outstanding. If they had bulked up the body it would have sold out incredibly fast and probably be pulling a high secondary value. Personally I think Batman is great and I get the argument of faceplates but I still love that figure as is. I'm looking for Wolverine to be the same.

Referring to the topic a couple days ago, I'd love if SSC made comic accurate 1/6 Thing.

It'd make a fantastic (no pun intended) figure. Minimal clothing to mess up, and the joints could be easily disguised.

got my tracking email
I will have wolvie here on Monday 19th
Perfect in time for Christmas

Saw some on hand pics on FB, wasn't impress with the painting of the masked HS and the suit seems too baggy as well.
But it looks good in these promo pics for the diorama

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It looks good. I might end up getting it after all. I was hesitant after Green Lantern and Punisher. I don't mind the clothing since it looks more like someone would wear in real life.

Referring to the topic a couple days ago, I'd love if SSC made comic accurate 1/6 Thing.

It'd make a fantastic (no pun intended) figure. Minimal clothing to mess up, and the joints could be easily disguised.

They'd find some way to screw it up with an "artistic interpretation". That's why I just bought the Bowen Thing statue to stand next to my Hot Toys.

Just turned up
Was a pleasant surprise
Unfortunately straight into Christmas wrapping and under the tree IMG_3397.JPG

Back