SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing work as always SS! :rock To bad SSC couldn't have bothered to bring their A or even B game on this one. I'm worried about Freddy and those claws now. "Oh, they are supposed to be warped and broken. Ours in the office are." :rolleyes:

Sideshow used to be king at this hobby. They're barely invited to court anymore. So sad. Makes me glad I didn't manage to get a Thanos Ex order in. I can't imagine the QC nightmares that thing is going to have and at $1200+ it ought to be PERFECT.

Their problem is they won't admit their production screwed up and they go on the defensive.
The chevron off center. SS-oh it's supposed to be like that.
The foot falls off. SS-oh you're not using the stand right.
There is a head/neck gap when it's posed. SS-oh your not posing it right.
The right arm joint is loose. SS-oh the right arm is supposed to hang down.

It's such a shame. Back when they made the old Part 3 Jason they gave us the padding, larger/taller base figure and head sculpt for $40. $210 later what do you get? A bunch of excuses for QC issues.

Attachments

• 1 excuse.jpg
    1 excuse.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 194
Funny thing is, y'all keep calling Nathan SS [emoji23] I'm so confused!!! He should just cast and then there'll be no need for SS Sideshow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on board for a cast if you do it.....

I cast using oomoo and doubt you would have an issue with the teeth as long as you use a good release agent.

Maybe start by painting the latex into the mouth , and let it sit for a few minutes.

What did you use for the putty?

I figure to take a shot at doing the head as well. I am going to have to reprint the mask anyway , so might as well....

Does the Hock fit over your sculpt ?

Funny thing is, y'all keep calling Nathan SS [emoji23] I'm so confused!!! He should just cast and then there'll be no need for SS Sideshow.

Easy.

If the post says something is amazing. It's SilentSurfer.

If the post says something is crappy. It's Sideshow.

I am on board for a cast if you do it.....

I cast using oomoo and doubt you would have an issue with the teeth as long as you use a good release agent.

Maybe start by painting the latex into the mouth , and let it sit for a few minutes.

What did you use for the putty?

I figure to take a shot at doing the head as well. I am going to have to reprint the mask anyway , so might as well....

Does the Hock fit over your sculpt ?

The hock does fit over the face, but the straps are too tight to go around the head now that the strap channels are puttied in.

I used Quick Wood putty to do the sculpt. My big concern is the inside of the mouth is a larger void than the space between the teeth, and the teeth, like the rest of the resculpt were puttied on in tiny sections at a time, which may allow the teeth to snap off with enough tugging force from the cured mold being pulled out of the mouth.

Worse comes to worse, I can always blue the teeth back in or sculpt them back on. But then I'd wonder if every casting would suffer tooth damage for the same reason. Not as likely if it's all one solid piece of resin, but still a possibility.

The hock does fit over the face, but the straps are too tight to go around the head now that the strap channels are puttied in.

I used Quick Wood putty to do the sculpt. My big concern is the inside of the mouth is a larger void than the space between the teeth, and the teeth, like the rest of the resculpt were puttied on in tiny sections at a time, which may allow the teeth to snap off with enough tugging force from the cured mold being pulled out of the mouth.

Worse comes to worse, I can always blue the teeth back in or sculpt them back on. But then I'd wonder if every casting would suffer tooth damage for the same reason. Not as likely if it's all one solid piece of resin, but still a possibility.

The casts will be fine, but you will risk your original.....same it true for all casting.

It will be a chore to get on all the mouth detail thou.

Best to brush on the latex a few layers at a time , then do a pour

There is definitely something wrong over there. Attitude. Mindset. Something. So many bad little decisions that just make no sense.

The fact they're giving 3 different responses to different customers for the same issue makes me think they're not altogether over there. Even though initially they were on board to replace my boot I have a feeling they're going to put me in a $10 refund or "I'm not posing the figure right" category which is just BS. I can't imagine them sending out warped knives on Freddy's glove but who knows. Like Buttmunch said, it would be hilarious to have sideshow reply to bent knives with "That's what the production model in our office looks like". It's pretty much admitting that they're not very good at what they do.

Well that's pretty much what they are doing here.....what could be more important on a hockey mask ax wielding maniac .....then.....well
THE HOCKEY MASK????? Having feet helps too...

Nicely placed chevrons do exist!

They tried telling me today that there are natural 'variances' in the figures and the chevrons are one of them. I called them out on it showing them that the original figure I sent back had a centered forehead chevron and that their in-house figure's was still straighter than mine. I've got all of Sideshow's Jason figures and they haven't had this issue in 15 years. If they can do it then, they can do it now. On a $210 collectible, I expect these things to be a non-issue. This is a Walmart figure issue.

Waiting to see what their response is.

One thing noteworthy is the 'collector edition' of the figure is still on pre-order status. What are the chances those regular edition figures have corrected chevrons? I'd almost be willing to be they will be straight on that batch after hearing all of the issues with the first batch (mostly exclusives). I'm this close to canceling my Freddy and any other SSC 12" figures. The last THREE figures I've gotten from Sideshow, I've had numerous issues with. I can't remember the last time I had an issue with a HT figure right out of the box. And with their prices pretty much equal, Sideshow has no excuse on the QC issues. If they can't keep the QC up with their prices, I won't be buying their products again and I've been a loyal collector for around 20 years (since their first 12" Frankenstein)!

Oops forgot to share The SS "in house" piece:
b9e34fbe8c7de7eaac8b0d008b27dca0.jpg

Gotta say though, the lamest excuse to date was whoever got told that a different sculpt might get damaged during shipping ???[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Again Shideshow drops the ball. For them to use this as an example of what the markings should/could look like is appalling. That thing should be in the reject bin. Their excuse for the foot falling off is a whole 'nother level of stupid. Seeing this, and how their CS is treating it, all I can say is they are lazy, sloppy and unprofessional but go on to charge premium prices for their garbage.

Attachments

• 1 bendover.jpg
    1 bendover.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 179
Got my replacement figure. Still has a crooked chevron but ankles are good and the arm hold the harpoon way better than my first dawl.

Prolly send the head to monkeyboi......

Nicely placed chevrons do exist!

One thing noteworthy is the 'collector edition' of the figure is still on pre-order status. What are the chances those regular edition figures have corrected chevrons? I'd almost be willing to be they will be straight on that batch after hearing all of the issues with the first batch (mostly exclusives). I'm this close to canceling my Freddy and any other SSC 12" figures. The last THREE figures I've gotten from Sideshow, I've had numerous issues with. I can't remember the last time I had an issue with a HT figure right out of the box. And with their prices pretty much equal, Sideshow has no excuse on the QC issues. If they can't keep the QC up with their prices, I won't be buying their products again and I've been a loyal collector for around 20 years (since their first 12" Frankenstein)!

Same here, I was looking forward to Freddy and Jack Burton after they did a great job (for SS anyway) on Ash, then this turd in a box shows up on my doorstep. It's my first and last SS figure and I told them as much in my "this figure has a ton of issues" email.....they didn't respond. :slap

Same here, I was looking forward to Freddy and Jack Burton after they did a great job (for SS anyway) on Ash, then this turd in a box shows up on my doorstep. It's my first and last SS figure and I told them as much in my "this figure has a ton of issues" email.....they didn't respond. :slap

Hey Bruiser[emoji1605]I'm with ya as I'm needing Freddy purely for the outfit and fedora so having trouble justifying that at the current pricing. Also VERY interested in pretty much anything Jack B (believe me, the check will be in the mail)! That being said, I recently joined molecule8 and they acquired the Big Trouble license. It'll be interesting to see what's coming. They are the team working on John Lennon and although I don't fancy that fig the quality can't be denied (K A Kim).

Hey Bruiser[emoji1605]I'm with ya as I'm needing Freddy purely for the outfit and fedora so having trouble justifying that at the current pricing. Also VERY interested in pretty much anything Jack B (believe me, the check will be in the mail)! That being said, I recently joined molecule8 and they acquired the Big Trouble license. It'll be interesting to see what's coming. They are the team working on John Lennon and although I don't fancy that fig the quality can't be denied (K A Kim).

Oh yeah man, I've been a Kim fan for awhile now and have been following M8 too, I hope they produce BTILC 1/6 scale figures, not sure how that works with SS having the license too, unless it's not exclusive. I guess I don't really care as long as we get an awesome one! :)

I was going to get a replacement head, but I'm actually happy with mine as is. My chevron is slightly off, and the right arm isn't tight enough to hold above his head, not loose though. No foot issues. All in all I'm happy with him and what I paid.

Back