1/6 SSC Harley Quinn Sixth Scale Figure 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some of the comments I?ve seen about the headscuplts are that her head looks too big , the eyeshadow , she looks a little old ? I don?t know I just think it could look a bit better so I did a little rework . Trimmed the chin down a little , added a little to the eye lashes , and more black and grey eyeshadow around the eyes . I shaded the hair a bit more with different colors but that?s it .View attachment 491494
This is a great improvement photoshop you posted of Harley. Please Sideshow, stop approving homely female and inaccurate (Myers 1/6) sculpts. I want Sideshow to do well but I don't understand who is on their design team that thinks we want to buy unattaractive women. No thanks. I still haven't bought fugly Wonder Woman 1/6 and not buying Harley. Please have someone who knows what they're doing to sculpt CW or I won't be buying her either SMH unless she's gorgeous

Last edited:
While I don't feel this looks bad (I think it looks quite good), I do wonder why the SS Statues seem to have better sculpts than the 1/6 figures. There's such a large discrepancy in quality of sculpts between the PFs/maquettes and the 1/6 figures. I'm not saying that the 1/6 sculpts need to be shrunken down versions of the PF, but there is a disconnect somewhere when going to the smaller format.

Has anyone tried putting the old sculpts on the new body? If so it would be nice to see some pictures of how they look.
Okay, since I already taken out v1, I might as well put it on here for reference. Please note that I did enlarge the neck ball peg on the body to have the heads fit properly. The regular head fits fine, but for some reason, the alternate winking head seems to sit much lower and harder to fit.
SSC HQ v1 HS on S24A_S25B_1_front by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

SSC HQ v1 HS on S24A_S25B_1_side by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

SSC HQ v1 HS on S24A_S25B_2_front by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

SSC HQ v1 HS on S24A_S25B_2_side by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Now the v2 unhooded head... yeah, it's really horrible. I don't know what the designers were thinking when they made this monstrosity. Or how blatantly they gave this a pass. In all honesty, if you're going to buy the v2, go for the standard version and not the exclusive. It's not worth the little extra cost.
SSC HQ Unhooded unnatural HS S25B by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

SSC HQ Unhooded unnatural HS S25B 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Her hair on the exclusive looks like it was sculpted by a three year old let alone the Superman chin they gave her. Yeesh. If I met her at a bar as a sixth scale figure I'd politely excuse myself lol. Please Sideshow make women BEAUTIFUL like you USED TO. Just ughs. Let's all think positive thoughts for a new CW 1/6 'cause if we don't they may do yet another fugly female sculpt and I can save more money. Didn't buy fug WW, not buying fug Harley but if ever they make a BEAUTFUL CW or new PRETTY WW one day, then I'd be sure to buy those. No fugly portraits for me. Still have my gorgeous Baroness 1/6 and she's perfect except for her overly arched eyebrows but the facial sculpt on Baroness 1/6 is quite lovely

Also, the old V1 Harley 1/6 sculpt isn't pretty enough for my taste but it's definitely more attractive than the new Harley 1/6 sculpt

Last edited:
I keep coming to this thread trying to find something to like about this figure because I was genuinely optimistic and looking forward to it.
Sadly, it’s a disaster. The giant heads, the long, pointy, chin, the Joker grin on the hooded sculpt. Why did the sculptor give her a Joker smile?
This figure is terrible. Huge step down from their previous effort.

Unsealed and Revealed video for those interested. No offense to those posting pics (I can't take a good pic of my figures to save my life) but this seems to look better in the videos I've seen rather than pics. However, I do agree that the rear neck line of the unhooded portrait is pretty awful. Unfortunately, my compulsion will probably force me to get the EX if I decide to go through with ordering, even if I were to rarely display it. I do like the fully hooded portrait though much more than the standard one from the original release. I think the winking face of the original is my favorite 1/6 sculpt though. Going to do my best to find an original at a decent price to get parts I want to then combine with this release. With that said, I think my favorite HQ Sideshow portrait to date would have to be the new Life-Size bust with the new diorama statue as a close second.

Unsealed and Revealed video for those interested. No offense to those posting pics (I can't take a good pic of my figures to save my life) but this seems to look better in the videos I've seen rather than pics. However, I do agree that the rear neck line of the unhooded portrait is pretty awful. Unfortunately, my compulsion will probably force me to get the EX if I decide to go through with ordering, even if I were to rarely display it. I do like the fully hooded portrait though much more than the standard one from the original release. I think the winking face of the original is my favorite 1/6 sculpt though. Going to do my best to find an original at a decent price to get parts I want to then combine with this release. With that said, I think my favorite HQ Sideshow portrait to date would have to be the new Life-Size bust with the new diorama statue as a close second.

I love the v2 more than the v1as it's definitely more screen accurate. And this is one of those figures which comes through as being better in-hand in my view. I like the v1 HS on it better though. The winking one on the other hand doesn't fit well on it. Takes a bit of fenagling to get it on. Also need to enlarge the neck ball peg on the body for better fit. Otherwise you get the bobble head effect. The other issue with v1 is I don't know why the winking HS sits lower on the neck than the smiling HS on the newer body and suit. Maybe just my copy though.

I love the v2 more than the v1as it's definitely more screen accurate. And this is one of those figures which comes through as being better in-hand in my view. I like the v1 HS on it better though. The winking one on the other hand doesn't fit well on it. Takes a bit of fenagling to get it on. Also need to enlarge the neck ball peg on the body for better fit. Otherwise you get the bobble head effect. The other issue with v1 is I don't know why the winking HS sits lower on the neck than the smiling HS on the newer body and suit. Maybe just my copy though.
I'm finding more and more that seems to be the case these days with a lot of figures. There are some figures in my collection that folks on here have bashed back and forth to no end, but then I took a chance at purchasing them and come to find out that they are pretty great in hand. That's not to say they don't need some extra futzing or slight modding to bring them up to snuff, but even HT figures need that. Sometimes figures just don't photograph well and of course everyone's mileage varies on what they consider to be good and bad. But if I like something, I won't let someone else's opinion dissuade me. For me, if I know going in that I'm going to have a few things to do on a figure, I'm going to factor that into the cost and if it's worth it to me, which is where I'm at with this figure. I like it, but is it worth buying two different HQ to get the one version that I really want.

Sometimes figures just don't photograph well and of course everyone's mileage varies on what they consider to be good and bad.
It's one of several issues.

The pictures are sometimes not flattering because it's a quick picture at a weird angle and bad lighting.

But photography is also entirely subjective. So even if the quality of the photo is good, it's still showing what the person taking the photo wants the viewer to see determined by shot composition, angle, editing, etc.

If someone favors an item, they'll consciously or subconsciously try to make the item look good. If they don't, then it's not going to look its best.

And some things just simply look more impressive in person because there are elements of an item lost in a photograph, or that cannot be photographed at all.

So you are absolutely correct. Only you can be the final judge of something by getting it in hand.

Also, most people take photos with their mobile phone. Mobile phone lenses (when taking photos of this sort of thing) typically suffer from lens distortion, which is why most figures in pics look like they have huge heads, but in person they look fine.

Didn’t know which of the two Harley threads to post this in, but here is my custom, combined Harley Quinn. I bought the original then added parts from the new.

Body: TBLeague Spartan Commander which I think is the same as the S23
Suit: 1.0 original with new red diamond decals ♦️ by EvilFace
Collar: 1.0 original reshaped to drape down instead of flare out
Cuffs: 2.0 Harley
Boots: 2.0 Harley-removed the smaller ball joint adapter and dremelled out the interior to fit larger sockets and make her as short as possible.
Head: 2.0 with neck adapater installed. I still have the 1.0 originals as well, I just like this one more.

2C287706-4DEC-4227-8572-97D352B8D169.jpeg

739AB2E4-BD9D-4D2D-A89D-ECC3D9DB3CFC.jpeg

Last edited:
Much better…the original is not purchasable with the gigantic disproportionate head…your version corrects it and that makes a tremendous difference.

Much better…the original is not purchasable with the gigantic disproportionate head…your version corrects it and that makes a tremendous difference.
thanks! A larger body definitely helps the 2.0 headsculpt, but also the original 1.0 heads as well. To me, those are pretty big too. What I also noticed is that the neck portion of the 2.0 collar also really makes the neck look small/thin, even on the larger body which gives the illusion that the 2.0 head is even bigger. So, that coupled with the small body really gives the 2.0 a bobble head sort of look now that I really know in hand the difference. I really need to upgrade my phone, though, so I can get some clearer pics. This nearly 5 year old phone plus my terrible picture taking skills do none of my figures any favors :lol

So I grabbed the EX on bogo this is a fantastic pair up IMO very underrated figure for sure!

Attachments

• 293E61C9-74EF-4DF3-9F06-33D00BCA5A8A.jpeg
    293E61C9-74EF-4DF3-9F06-33D00BCA5A8A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DA64AFF7-E06B-4747-8BE4-D07C0374EC92.jpeg
    DA64AFF7-E06B-4747-8BE4-D07C0374EC92.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Do you know if the material used for the suit is going to last over time ? I'm always afraid of figures with rubber suits.
I have the Harley 1.0 and already changed her crappy body with a new one. But I don't like the fact that you have to sew the suit each time you want to change the body. No zipper.
I was wondering if this "rubber" suit is a bit stretchable and if it's possible to put it on a slightly taller body like the Harley 1.0 one.
And if it's a good idea or not, considering the quality of the rubber suit.

nice pics! My only wish was that the underlying body was black for when the suit rides up. I really like this figure as is even though I previously combined it with the first version. Now that I've found a suitable replacement body for the original figure that's not a Phicen/TBLeague body, I like having the two different versions of comic Harley with this being the more classic look.

nice pics! My only wish was that the underlying body was black for when the suit rides up. I really like this figure as is even though I previously combined it with the first version.
Yeah, that’s really my only complaint with this figure. I never could get the outfit to cover the ankles. Still so much fun to pose!

Back