SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh god - you're right! ...and judging by the horrible material choice with GL, Aquaman's not looking to promising either (if the line gets that far)!

--

Let me put it this way.

Right now . . . I don't have much hope for Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz) either.

Sideshow could very well make Wonder Woman almost dead last like they did with the GI JOE line and then call it a day.

I will break down and cry and beg that Hecate takes them in there sleep if the F up Wonder Woman. It will literally be war then. Sideshow will literally see an army of pissed of people in the parking lot if they mess her up

I believe they said a new body is being constructed for WW, so I'm a bit fearful with the QC on that one, new things have a tendency to go through serious growing pains in this hobby but I definitely want her to come out right. Classic Wondy done in 1:6 form to have on my shelves.

Why come this figure cost same as money for Hot Toy figure that look much better and is better and not trash big head figure with barbie outfit like Sideshow Greener Lattern?

Realistically, the boards are a small percentage of SSC's revenue. We may be one of the most vocal but definitely one of the smaller minorities. There are dozens of other boards and of course social media. I think that people should voice their dislikes of figures, statues, etc and Sideshow SHOULD know about it but use decorum. If people really voted with their wallets then SSC would get the point. Look how many figures sold out and then had their exclusives pop up available because of less than stellar QC on the final figures, people even had the Mummy Brenden Frasier PF cancelled from not buying it and voicing dislike.

People should do that, vote with their wallets, but once the opinion is out there it isn't necessary to browbeat people with it or convince people to it. You point out your thoughts, don't buy it and wait for the next.

One of the problems is a lot of people complain, rail and then just buy it and ***** about it still but SSC still has their money.

Talk with your wallets. SSC use to be my go to company when it came to 1/6. It is now my last. I understand the hate for this figure and how it really isn't about the figure but what it represents. Again, talk with your wallets.

I already have spoke with my wallet. I'm only getting C3PO right now and 2 hot toys. I liked what I saw and price matched what I expected. I really wanted GL but price, costume,lack of accessories, and a NRD just to many reasons to say no. I'm missing the incentive.

There is many people on here and others not seeing the incentive. The only one is that we may never see another GL again so it's like trying to hold us hostage. People are angry because sideshow built up the walls for not buying and just want to see if anyone is desperate enough to take the bite.

These are just my two pennies though, maybe I'm completely off the mark here, I am an "old timer" (I don't take offense to that either, think it's kind of funny) and maybe that's not how the boards are now.

--

When I post/say "old timer" here or elsewhere, I don't mean it as a sign of disrespect.

An "old timer" is a veteran who has been around quite a while as evident by their post counts typically in the thousands and then some.

The majority of established veteran collectors I know online have been through it all, been there, and done that.

Some are still active and some are not for a variety of reasons. Newer members who rise in rank/post count through reputation, etc. tends to be the new blood, but eventually they'll be considered veterans as time goes by.

I do believe there is a disparity in the collector mindset generally speaking when it comes to niches and themes where there are niches within niches.

I do agree with your points. I really do. There are times I come off as a smart aleck due to my sense of humor and being sarcastic. Due to high levels of disappointment and frustration, I'll concede many of us came off the wrong way more so than usual for a discussion thread of this nature, but at the same token many of us are passionate about what we enjoy collecting because the items are part of us from our childhood and/or things that entertained us.

I grew up reading many comic books as a kid and even actively collected comics when I was younger so I have an actual interest and desire seeing the JL characters realized properly in 1:6 scale. To be honest, I would have not minded if Sideshow produced the JL CGI animated series itineration of the team.

I think this question was raised in an earlier post, but may have gotten "buried" so to speak.

If HOT TOYS produced a 1:6 GL and it looked like Sideshow's and the price was say $249.99 USD, how would the HT collectors/enthusiasts have reacted?

Seriously.

Would the vitriol be the same or would the HT cult like devotion mindset be full of praise and comments about being a "must buy"?

I don't necessarily categorize HT collectors in the same vein as say us generally speaking.

If it was exactly the same people would be rolling in the floor laughing. Because it would have meant hot toys was slumming it to get a quick buck.

It would be the same or worse.

HT isn't infallible, they're just doing things better, it's that simple.

There are a lot of examples of people going ape**** on HT for lackluster figures, when I 1st joined everybody was complaining about Bane, and now the most recent I can remember is the Arkham Batman and it's belly rolls :lol

I think this question was raised in an earlier post, but may have gotten "buried" so to speak.

If HOT TOYS produced a 1:6 GL and it looked like Sideshow's and the price was say $249.99 USD, how would the HT collectors/enthusiasts have reacted?

Seriously.

Would the vitriol be the same or would the HT cult like devotion mindset be full of praise and comments about being a "must buy"?

I don't necessarily categorize HT collectors in the same vein as say us generally speaking.

Seriously... I think they'd say WTF is this substandard c***!
Couldn't really comment on how 'cult' like HTs following is, but I would guess they get a good customer/fanbase because of their high-end products.

Oh I'm sure ht would get vile that sideshow has never seen. But if they just now did the exact same thing right now. People would think there being punked at 1st. I thought I was when I saw the price.

I mean I literally logged out of sideshows website and re logged in that maybe I was seeing things. But no that price is real.

I already have spoke with my wallet. I'm only getting C3PO right now and 2 hot toys. I liked what I saw and price matched what I expected. I really wanted GL but price, costume,lack of accessories, and a NRD just to many reasons to say no. I'm missing the incentive.

There is many people on here and others not seeing the incentive. The only one is that we may never see another GL again so it's like trying to hold us hostage. People are angry because sideshow built up the walls for not buying and just want to see if anyone is desperate enough to take the bite.
And if more people did that SSC would listen. Some one is buying because they continue with very little change.

Seriously.

From someone on the outside looking in there seems to be a sense of pride that comes from HT; so a figure like this most likely wouldn't be released. But if it was you'd probably still hear the complaints. It would probably be given a pass 'cause you can't hit a homerun all the time. However, if this was one in a series quality issue figures you better batten down the hatches.

And if more people did that SSC would listen. Some one is buying because they continue with very little change.

From someone on the outside looking in there seems to be a sense of pride that comes from HT; so a figure like this most likely wouldn't be released. But if it was you'd probably still hear the complaints. It would probably be given a pass 'cause you can't hit a homerun all the time. However, if this was one in a series quality issue figures you better batten down the hatches.

The people buying in large quantities are taking these crummy figs making it better and re selling it. Basically doing sideshows job for them and getting money to do so.

I don't think however many will want to swallow the fee this time. So we may see sideshow take notice.

Seriously.

Send me $5 via PayPal for using my example without proper credit.

Well Im sure those not buying this can be happy, someone im not naming names is making a green lantern figure custom. Not sure when but when there ready it will pop up. So we do have an answer to those prayers. Im making my own but far be it by me to leave you guys in a feeling of despair. those who are buying it as is Cary on.

Has there ever been a thread where so many non-buyers continued to post for days with the same complaints over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back