SSC - Ghost Rider Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe how bad this is.

. . . oh - who am I kidding - yes I can (Sideshows "art directors" strike again :lol )​

More money saved.

7ac.jpg

If there was an LED inside that could be switched on to pipe light through the translucent flames on the skull, then this would be much more attractive to me.

If I could take advantage of shipping sales in the US or use reward points to get it below $200, I also think that would make it more attractive to me. As it is, I'm waiting to see if anything statue-wise with ArtFx or Marvel Gallery might come out as a cheaper alternative.

Seeing this reminds me I made the right choice when I sold off all my Sideshow figures. They should really just stick to statues.

Really curious to know how the jeans and boots look under the chaps. If I can get those silly clown pants off him and have ankle joints, I might warm up to him a little. No pun intended.

Do you think there is some negativity around this release because the clothes are too clean and new looking?

There is negativity cause the figure looks bad. Clothing's fit is crap, the design is crap, barely any accessories, no where near Hot Toys' level yet demanding HT's price.

I was actually looking forward to this. I have SS Punisher and was planning on buying Wolverine and GR to complete my Heart of Darkness (old comic starring these three) team. Very disappointing, along with that crappy Daredevil too.

There is negativity cause the figure looks bad. Clothing's fit is crap, the design is crap, barely any accessories, no where near Hot Toys' level yet demanding HT's price.

I was actually looking forward to this. I have SS Punisher and was planning on buying Wolverine and GR to complete my Heart of Darkness (old comic starring these three) team. Very disappointing, along with that crappy Daredevil too.

Yeah I was looking forward to this too as no I'm not going to pay $600+ for a Hot Toys Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider not getting a knockoff and thought well Sideshow does a pretty good job sometimes and the Punisher figure turned out great so yeah I'm willing to take the leap if the prototype plans look decent. Well they don't. I'm sorry to hear that this is going to put a bit of a hold on your collection. That sounds like a nice team that I'm sadly not familiar of in Marvel comics. Well there's always Robbie Reyes that Hot Toys will be coming out with he's just not Johnny Blaze and yeah they're Ghost Rider personas are quite different I guess so I guess that wouldn't work for you I don't know?

Yeah I was looking forward to this too as no I'm not going to pay $600+ for a Hot Toys Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider not getting a knockoff and thought well Sideshow does a pretty good job sometimes and the Punisher figure turned out great so yeah I'm willing to take the leap if the prototype plans look decent. Well they don't. I'm sorry to hear that this is going to put a bit of a hold on your collection. That sounds like a nice team that I'm sadly not familiar of in Marvel comics. Well there's always Robbie Reyes that Hot Toys will be coming out with he's just not Johnny Blaze and yeah they're Ghost Rider personas are quite different I guess so I guess that wouldn't work for you I don't know?

You could wait for the Hot Toys AoS Ghost Rider.

But knock-off Blade was better.

Why are we comparing Blade to Ghost Rider? It's like apples to oranges. Maybe KO Blade to Original Blade yes. But not KO Blade to KO Ghost Rider. Doesn't make any sense. It's a different character together.

Even from manufacturing perspective, why compare two different items? Lol... They weren't made to compete against each other. They were made to fulfill the demand of those that missed out on the original versions.

Why are we comparing Blade to Ghost Rider? It's like apples to oranges. Maybe KO Blade to Original Blade yes. But not KO Blade to KO Ghost Rider. Doesn't make any sense. It's a different character together.

Even from manufacturing perspective, why compare two different items? Lol... They weren't made to compete against each other. They were made to fulfill the demand of those that missed out on the original versions.

I don't think he was comparing. He was just stating his opinion. That of the 2 knock offs, Blade looks better.

Surprised I had to go to page 3 to find this with it having been in the SS live FB video today (along with Death Stroker).

Thought it looked great in the vid. Flames really popped.

I was surprised to get an email from SS announcing the new pictures for GR. Sadly, they did nothing to improve the figure's lack of punch.

Kinda tempted by this figure but I'll make my decision when I see the hot toys ghost rider. Either way I'm getting one of them. The fact that this ones jacket can change the look is really cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back