SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is so obvious that this seller backed out of the deal because of the end price that it can't be rationalized. If he had been serious about not wanting a low feedback buyer to not bid on the auction then he should have cancelled the bid during the auction and not have waited until after the auction is ended and paid. To try to rationalize this is stupid. And I hope Godparticle does not give up on this.

Godparticle already said he "sniped" it...the seller couldn't cancel his bid in time...and absolutely the seller used that as a way out...the seller would have looked for anything to get out of the auction...I had a seller e-mail after an auction I won and said he "changed his mind" and didn't want to sell anymore...3 weeks later that item came back on Ebay...and sold for less!!!!

He shouldn't give up...this is one of the best joes in the entire line...and Ebay and the marketplace here always have some Fireflys for sale.

WOW . . .

Maybe IF & WHEN I ever decide to part with any of my MIB/NRFB COBRA/JOE figures . . . I should post a disclaimer stating that if any bidder is a member of this forum and posts within this section, then you'll be barred from bidding.

:lol

I'd rather burn my entire 1:6 COBRA/JOE collection than let it end up in the hands of some of you people!

;) :p

WOW . . .

Maybe IF & WHEN I ever decide to part with any of my MIB/NRFB COBRA/JOE figures . . . I should post a disclaimer stating that if any bidder is a member of this forum and posts within this section, then you'll be barred from bidding.

I'd rather burn my entire 1:6 COBRA/JOE collection than let it end up in the hands of some of you people!

images

WOW . . .

I agree. I read the whole thing (took a while) but roasting a seller for trying to protect himself is not cool. If he wanted a certain amount, wouldn't he have posted a reserve? his feedback proves he's not new to ebay. I also agree with a few emails you probably could have worked something out.

I think it is pretty obvious that this is not an issue of a seller trying to protect himself.

he had a lot of auctions up because I was bidding on 2 of them (didn't win), but how can you say that it's "obvious"? I would never sell my figures, but if I did, I wouldn't let anyone with 1 or 2 feedbacks bid on it, does that make me a bad seller?

I DID try to work it out. I replied to all of his messages, expressing that I had positive feedback as recently as the previous week on another sideshow item, and to please ship. If he truly didn't want people with less than 30 feedback, it should have been more clearly defined.

Anyway, sorry to turn this thread into a bunch of nonsense, but at least it was maybe entertaining to read

he had a lot of auctions up because I was bidding on 2 of them (didn't win), but how can yo say that? I would never sell my figures, but if I did, I wouldn't let anyone with 1 or 2 feedbacks bid on it, does that make me a bad seller?

Easy...

1) The auction was paid for.

2) The figure went for such a good price...that any collector...or scammer...would have been a damned fool to NOT pay for it even if they were planning a scam in the first place.

These two facts alone make it nearly impossible to support any claim of protecting onesself from a scam. And any claim that a scam can still be perpetrated on the selller can easily be negated by simply requiring a signature confirmation on the package and insuring it. Or sending it FedEx/UPS.

I don't sell on Ebay any more because of how buyer-friendly they are. But sellers like this make me understand why Ebay goes so much farther for the buyer than they do for the seller.

Easy...

1) The auction was paid for.

2) The figure went for such a good price...that any collector...or scammer...would have been a damned fool to NOT pay for it even if they were planning a scam in the first place.

These two facts alone make it nearly impossible to support any claim of protecting onesself from a scam. And any claim that a scam can still be perpetrated on the selller can easily be negated by simply requiring a signature confirmation on the package and insuring it. Or sending it FedEx/UPS.

I don't sell on Ebay any more because of how buyer-friendly they are. But sellers like this make me understand why Ebay goes so much farther for the buyer than they do for the seller.

I haven not sold years past and once sold and item to someone with one feedback. he then took my mint item, made a complaint, and sent me back his trash item missing the most important accessory.
it's not that hard to understand some sellers are afraid to sell to people with little or no feedback. i'm not saying this case was a scam, but he was being cautious and to fault him is not just.

I DID try to work it out. I replied to all of his messages, expressing that I had positive feedback as recently as the previous week on another sideshow item, and to please ship. If he truly didn't want people with less than 30 feedback, it should have been more clearly defined.

Anyway, sorry to turn this thread into a bunch of nonsense, but at least it was maybe entertaining to read

Take your refund and....

humongous_just_walk_away_zpse8e4915c.jpg

Firefly production numbers are extremely low...1500 regular and 500 exclusive...not alot for such a poplular character

After seeing that. . .yeah, that's a lot of freakin' disclaimers :lol I can see your point. He's even got an "In closing" paragraph. That's really over kill. He does reserve the right to do whatever, but bidders reserve the right to neg him, so. . .

I see the problem the bidder has, I stopped reading a quarter through his crap. Hell, by 3/4 of the way through he could have posted that the buyer is actually only receving a picture of the figure for all I would have known. :dunno

Back