SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny how everyone wants the figure from their childhood.
What if I grew up in 92' (I didn't) but lets say I did would I be wrong if I wanted the Green V2 version?

I mean he played a huge part in the shaping of the Arashikage clan and when his true identity was revealed I was like GTFO!

View attachment 59977

Lol Neon green ninja in midevel chainmail.

I had a chance to get the exclusive version of this figure at about retail a couple of weeks ago.

I am a little disappointed that it didn't work out.

If anything its scale mail :rotfl
If anime has taught me anything, it's that ninja armour is more akin to a scaled-down chain-link fence.

Not any worse than Snake Eyes wearing sport bike clothes for "armor". :lol
I could see someone making that accusation against Dennis Quaid's Hawk with some degree of justification, but one might as well call Christian Bale's Batsuit "sport bike clothes" as Snake Eyes' armour.

But, lest you attempt to continue down this path, let me point out that sporting equipment has its martial uses... ;)

5.jpg

I picked up another exclusive Firefly today. It wasn't a "good" price. But it was not as psychotic as they have largely been going for lately. I'm satisfied.

Whats an okay price for the ex?

It will differ from person to person. For me...250.00. And that is brand new in a sealed box. I will pay more...but not vrey readily. The completed listings on ebay prove that there are people who feel the about 375.00 is a good price and there are a few who will pay 450.00 and more.

I just received one that I thought was a great deal on ebay...245.00 shipped.

I am usually much more careful than this. But I allowed my hope to overcome my sense and I did not thoroughly read the description. Many accessories missing including the IED.

But it was totally my fault for not taking the time to read the description.

If anime has taught me anything, it's that ninja armour is more akin to a scaled-down chain-link fence.

Missed this.

On the subject of japanese armor

This is japanese chainmaille, it's also why anime draws it like a scled down chain link fence... becuase simplified, it kinda looks like one.

hitoye-gusari.gif

I am usually much more careful than this. But I allowed my hope to overcome my sense and I did not thoroughly read the description. Many accessories missing including the IED.

Yeah, but who lists the figure as the exclusive when it's missing the exclusive accessory? The gold sticker and the empty slot in the tray don't really count. I hear you on taking responsibility, but I'd still want to punch the seller.

What accesories are you missing?

It will differ from person to person. For me...250.00. And that is brand new in a sealed box. I will pay more...but not vrey readily. The completed listings on ebay prove that there are people who feel the about 375.00 is a good price and there are a few who will pay 450.00 and more.

I just received one that I thought was a great deal on ebay...245.00 shipped.

Yeah, but who lists the figure as the exclusive when it's missing the exclusive accessory? The gold sticker and the empty slot in the tray don't really count. I hear you on taking responsibility, but I'd still want to punch the seller.

And I do.:monkey3

I would have added the word "incomplete" to the title of the auction. But I don't let that allow me to skirt my own responsibility on the matter.

What accesories are you missing?

The camo head sculpt, the bomb case, the two cylinder bombs, the IED, the remote control, the remote control pouch...that looks like the whole list.

LOL...basically all of the critical stuff for a GI Joe Firefly character.

I think I will just suck it up and eat the cost on this. I can use a few of the parts for kitbashes. The knee pads and head sculpt will be useful right away. I am not too hip on the design of the gloves. But it is one of the few figures that comes with a left trigger hand and I have wanted one of those for a long time.

If anyone wants any of the other stuff...let me know. If I am not going to use it, I'll 'fess it up.

Back