1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never noticed that Dengar wears like wooly hush puppies.

Check Rook's video:

He wears the same mukluks as Luke wears on Hoth. It's basically Hoth Rebel boots with stormtrooper armor wedged over it, then the Hoth velcro straps put over the armor.

So great to finally have all the ESB bounty hunters together in the collection! Overall, I think Sideshow has done a pretty awesome job with these figures.

20180217_180752c.jpg

Nice shot Khai.

I just unboxed Dengar. I must say, I am impressed. Very solid figure.

The plastic head wraps look better in hand, but I am still planning on swapping them out.

I am looking forward to working on him.

Unboxed mine last night.
Generally a good figure
Love the paint and the head sculpt and the back pack

Stand is dull
Hands could be better

My collection is currently all boxed up and in storage. I went back home to Kansas this weekend to visit family. I had Dengar shipped there.

I also went through my stuff and found my custom Dengar. I removed the headwraps from my custom and quickly put them on the Sideshow version. Nothing permanent, I just wanted to get an idea of what it's going to look like.

20180218_103105.jpg

That is great Chaka. Can you provide a recipe and what material you used? Much thanks.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

That is great Chaka. Can you provide a recipe and what material you used? Much thanks.

Thanks. I used a white T-shirt. I cut it into small strips and applied it in layers. I then used watered down acrylics until I got the desired color. :)

My collection is currently all boxed up and in storage. I went back home to Kansas this weekend to visit family. I had Dengar shipped there.

I also went through my stuff and found my custom Dengar. I removed the headwraps from my custom and quickly put them on the Sideshow version. Nothing permanent, I just wanted to get an idea of what it's going to look like.

View attachment 394437

Chakaman, that looks great. If and when you get the time would you be able to show a 360? The way SS designed their wrap is very interesting with how it can be turned and always work. -Thanks

Chakaman, that looks great. If and when you get the time would you be able to show a 360? The way SS designed their wrap is very interesting with how it can be turned and always work. -Thanks

Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the back, probably should have. Sorry about that. My figures are still down in Kansas, I live in Nebraska now. Next time I get them out, I will take pictures.

You would not be able to rotate the head wraps front to back and back to front. I did the wraps in layers. You can't see the backs of the lower ones. The final layers (towards the top) are neatly tucked in or trimmed to proper length. I used small dabs of glue to hold each wrap in place.

I'll have to make some adjustments when I do the new wraps properly. This was just a mockup. I hope this explanation helps.

This is the only other picture I took of Dengar over the weekend....

20180219_122947.jpg

Not sure if anyone posted this before, but i noticed that on pics i have seen online there is a additional piece within the barrel of the MG42 rifle for Dengar. The mauser can be extended outwards to the right as well to fire.

Not sure if anyone posted this before, but i noticed that on pics i have seen online there is a additional piece within the barrel of the MG42 rifle for Dengar. The mauser can be extended outwards to the right as well to fire.

Can you post a pic as an example?

I posted the barrel release mechanism when I got mine.

It's odd in that it's hinged at the opposite end to a real one.

GMG42_15.jpg

It also means that the barrel is too short, as it does not reach far enough down the receiver to the guide bushing.

M53.jpg

MG42EV.jpg

Back