SSC Cobra Officer Figure!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know, I think it comes down to preference, but I just don't think you should hostage yourself to "we never saw them together in the comics" as the basis for the choice.

I'm lenient on this one, but felt the same about CCC though. And if I read correctly, Khev isn't hostaging himself. He still has some of the regular troopers on order. If he felt that strongly, he would've cancelled all of them.

I think the CCC is different than what I'm talking about. The CCC wasn't in the comics at all right? So its like an EU figure.

Both the red and the black Cobra troops are canon, its just having them together in one scene is not?

To me its not a leap of faith to imagine them together in a scene the way it might be to imagine CCC.

I think the CCC is different than what I'm talking about. The CCC wasn't in the comics at all right? So its like an EU figure.

Both the red and the black Cobra troops are canon, its just having them together in one scene is not?

To me its not a leap of faith to imagine them together in a scene the way it might be to imagine CCC.

Which is preference. Joe fans can be just as anal as Star Wars fans, and you know how bad they (we) can be. :lol It's just a matter of which era you're looking for. A WWII Ranger would look odd posed side-by-side with a modern Ranger.

I'm pretty easy going on my choice of Joe figures. I get what I like. My preference though is towards the original characters, since I grew up with the figures and cartoon. I never followed the comic, so for me I'd get most anything related to the early years of RAH and the cartoon. Bring on Duke, Shipwreck, Scarlett, Hawk, Lady Jay, Beach Head, Roadblock, Mirrored-mask CC, Destro, Baroness, Zartan, Serpentor, Dr Mind Bender, WASP, and any of the cool characters I've forgotten about.

I think its gonna look kick ass to have the red mask trooper leading the regulars.

And I think a large group of red masked troopers will look even more kick ass. To each his own. :)

Art03.jpg

I like his look. He would be a real simple custom as long as I can find a head that worked.

Mando added a beard to a Rambo sculpt and it turned out to be pure awesomeness. Here's hoping he'll post it. :D
:monkey3

Outback153.jpg

It was just barely raining the day I took this so it kinda looks like he's sweating. Happy accident.

His look was based on Chuck Norris.

Was it really? That's pretty cool. :D I've met a few people that actually used to use Outback as Chuck.

Was it really? That's pretty cool. :D I've met a few people that actually used to use Outback as Chuck.

Why would they've done that when there was a perfectly good (albeit somewhat aqua or teal blue) Chuck Norris action fig in the 80's... :rolleyes:

:lol

chuck_norris.jpg

I like your Outback figure Mando. I can't afford to pick up a Rambo head, but I'll probably try sculpting some hair myself if I can't find a cheaper figure.

Its says on his file card, that he was fond of steak and ribs, hence they named a restaurant after him....j/k

Red black whatever. Khev's new sig is aces!!! :rock :rock :rock

:rock :duff

Yep, whatever your preference, kudos to SSC for giving us both toy/cartoon AND comics based Troopers, regardless of whether they designate them as officers or not. Everyone is happy; those who want one or the other as well as those who prefer to mix and match.

I like your Outback figure Mando.

I like all your JOEs Mando.

Thanks, guys! :rock

Prog, if you need help with the Survival shirt let me know. :)

Why would they've done that when there was a perfectly good (albeit somewhat aqua or teal blue) Chuck Norris action fig in the 80's... :rolleyes:

:lol

chuck_norris.jpg

I actually had a few Karate Kommandos as a kid. I can't imagine how battles their were between Norris and Caleco's Rambo figure. :D

Back