SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks awesome...better than anything Hot Toys...If you dont do comic based figures, Go home.

Ordered.

I ordered the ex. I love the crazy BD sculpt! It does remind me of the Dark Knight Returns. I still wish they went with the plastic cowl, but overall a great looking figure to me.The kryptonite ring is a nice touch.

Btw, what's with the ears? Do they change length? :lol

fAWDKOO.png

I think there's two head sculpts (three If you get the ex)
And the mouth area is swappable like on HT's batman figures.

Two cowls and two faces

Look! I found out how to read! :yess:

New fully articulated Batman Body
One (1) short ears Batman portrait
One (1) long ears Batman portrait

Detailed belt with pouches
Three (3) bat shurikens
One (1) Batarang
One (1) grapple hook gun
One (1) fist with Kryptonite ring
Various alternately posed hands
Exclusive: Brawl Damage Portrait

Look! I found out how to read! :yess:

New fully articulated Batman Body
One (1) short ears Batman portrait
One (1) long ears Batman portrait

Detailed belt with pouches
Three (3) bat shurikens
One (1) Batarang
One (1) grapple hook gun
One (1) fist with Kryptonite ring
Various alternately posed hands
Exclusive: Brawl Damage Portrait

:yess:

Superb.

It's gonna suck if you really like the BD but also the short ears.

Looks far better than I thought it would. The cape is a massive improvement.

Looks very nice. I'm not a fan of how the cape attaches to the cowl, but that's minor. All the extras are nice and almost makes it worth the high price. But I'm passing. If the blue was black though . . .

It's gonna suck if you really like the BD but also the short ears.

Looks far better than I thought it would. The cape is a massive improvement.

the battle damage sculpt sits weird on a clean suit. If I had to go Battle damage, i'd weather and bloody up the whole thing, not just the cowl. So no EX for me, but the short ears remind me so much of Frank miller style....too cool to let it pass :yess:

the battle damage sculpt sits weird on a clean suit. If I had to go Battle damage, i'd weather and bloody up the whole thing, not just the cowl. So no EX for me, but the short ears remind me so much of Frank miller style....too cool to let it pass :yess:

When it's that much I agree. But I hope the faceplate is removable on the EX because that's just slight enough to get away with with the clean suit.

I just really like the EX head though.

When it's that much I agree. But I hope the faceplate is removable on the EX because that's just slight enough to get away with with the clean suit.

I just really like the EX head though.

:exactly: That's true. I hope the mouthplates are DX09 style. Also, taking a closer look at the EX head, the crooked nose is an awesome touch. But alas, I am waiting for some artist specific renditions of characters, hopefully the do Neal adams, frank miller, jim lee, and greg Capullo versions...I'd buy all of them! Not to mention Alex ross superman? C'mon, how can I pass on that if they can nail the body proportions and sculpt.

Definitely going to have to swap the body.

Why? This one looks PERFECT.

I hate Kryptonite. Batman is my favorite hero...my number one...guy! But come on now, Superman could cut Batman's hand off from a mile away using his heat vision, and no more Kryptonite :lol

Except... deep down, Clark's essentialy a good person....

Well...
I'm definitely not digging the head sculpt.
Batman looks like a gargoyle.

Also, what's going on with the boots? They look like they are two pieces.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

They Probobly are, inorder to get improved articulation.

I like the figure and will be getting one. I'm hoping one of our fantastic customizers will figure a way to make the neck piece that was shown on the promo figure.

As much as I'd like to get artist specific figures of Bats, SSC is way to slow for that. Look how long it's taken them to finally list Batman? We are barely getting 4 figures a year. There are way too many DCU Classic figures I want before they start doing variants. If they were producing these every other month then sure.

I just pre-ordered my batman can't wait used my reward points from ordering joker. So now I have 2 batman's yeay one silver age custom(still building) and this guy.

it would be nice if they include the plastic cowl 1st for s who prefer alittle extra. I think im going to sell the short ears headsculpt though let me know if anyone is interested. lol

It looks a lot better than I thought honestly, especially with those accessories. I wish the blue was darker though, or maybe he was black or something.

He had lt blue in the comics pre 90's then it was a dark blue late 80's-90's then brought back again, this figure would look dark in low light (keep in mind he is in the shadows so we don't know what he will look like yet in low light. All we see is flash of camera. Black costume was used interchangeably during the 90's due to batman movies and animated series, I guess it depended on the artist. navy looks black in low lighting.

Back