SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not to sure I just did a rough draft of this cape pattern and it would use up nearly a yard of fabric. to make this cape with that point without the neck seam in the front. using the pattern specks with a lot of salvage left so not cost effective. granted it would probably be kick azz bt not cost effective.

and for the last comment I just read technically the cape doesn't need to be in spandex it could be the same pleather they used for the gauntlets and briefs. but spandex is cheeper

Last edited:
The figure's got some issues, but it looks very good to me and I'll have it on PO soon. I'm one of those who think the sculpted neck of the cowl makes the figure look better, but I'm fine without it. It would be great if SSC decides to add that as a removable piece in the end, giving us more options of which look to go for and make everyone happy as they're giving us 2 ear lengths afterall.

The new muscular body looks promising. I can overlook the abdominals that look too sucked in making the ribcage protrude, but I wish these bodies would have BETTER KNEE JOINTS than their standard Prometheus bodies.

that's what I suggested in my email that the plastic cowl be an extra for those who need it.

the knee issue might be a legal issue with hot toys and other companies. I think they would want to change that but there hands are probably tied.

you gotta love that red tape

The figure is growing on me but that ribcage protrusion looks too disproportionate. Oh well, plenty of time to consider and see more pics when people receive it...in August...

I think these are two great takes on the classic spandex look that compliment each other nicely.

902080-batman-1966-film-018.jpg
100090-batman-003.jpg

Indeed.

However, I realized another thing upon seeing this side-by-side pic: HT's only $5 more expensive than SSC's. SSC may have another headsculpt (2 if you get the EX), but HT's got a couple more accessories and a likeness fee to take care of on top of the character license.

SSC better catch up with HT's quality if they want to catch up with HT's prices, though the protos of their Han and Luke as well as Snake Plissken figures say that they might be trying just that.

Yup, it really threw off the look. He wasn't all spandex except for an armored neck...

Well technically, in the comics the cowl and cape are seamlessly connected, yet the head is fully sculpted. I just think the plastic part there is more aesthetically pleasing. But, it's a moot point at this point, anyway. Maybe someone will sculpt and cast some necks like that for this figure, though.

I think sideshow will see the general discontent of all of us and fix it like the Harley pigtail swap they did in the new pics.

so this could be an oversight and updated pics will be re-issued as in Harleys case.

so those who don't like the neck piece can take it off with their leasure.

I feel as you it is aesthetically pleasing because it shows the detail of the neck which you don't get with plain spandex. which gives this odd disconnect between head and chest where their is detail then nothing and then detail again.

it messes with the optics, which is why I emailed customer service.

the knee issue might be a legal issue with hot toys and other companies. I think they would want to change that but there hands are probably tied.

you gotta love that red tape

Care to explain further? I don't see how coming up with a better base body with good knee joints can be of legal concerns. Hot Toys trademarked good knees like they did PERS?

If they already did, I vote that they call it "KNEES" -- Kinetically Non-rubber Enhanced External joints System

Just messin', but I really don't get the point :lol

what I ment by that was that each and every single individual piece that is made into a body cant be identical to the bigger chains, they tend to investigate and call foul if anything mimics there's. the copy cats get away with it because the quality is lower and they look slightly off. Since sideshow sells hot toys brands I doubt they would be allowed to use knee's without their permission.

companies are real **** retentive with stuff like that.

So was just looking through the gallery of photos on Sideshows website of this figure and noticed there's no picture of him holding the grapnel gun nor is there one of a set of hands capable of holding it. Any idea of how many hands may be included?

So was just looking through the gallery of photos on Sideshows website of this figure and noticed there's no picture of him holding the grapnel gun nor is there one of a set of hands capable of holding it. Any idea of how many hands may be included?

I'm wondering about that too.

100090-batman-012.jpg

I'm guessing maybe the hands holding the batarangs could be flexible enough to grab the grapnel gun by the handle?

Pre-ordered this, btw.

Ha ha! I did not notice there was no hand for the grapnel gun. I think the batarangs are glued.

The specs on Sideshow only state "Various alternately posed hands". Maybe we are not seeing them all...? It would be insane if the did not include at least one adapted hand.

Anyway, still on the fence about this guy. Some times he looks great, sometimes he looks terrible. Sometimes he just looks overpriced.

I'm not thrilled by Joker, Harley and Catwoman, but I could totally see him next to Superman.

I posted this a while ago about the lack of a hand for the grapnel gun. It was one of the first things I noticed. I do wonder if the hand just isn't shown. Maybe sideshow could shed some light in this if asked?

I still can't decide how I feel about this figure. In some pictures it does look good. And contrary to most people I think I prefer the long eared cowl. However, I really don't think it looks worth the price. I love the look of Harley and Catwoman but I'm not overly impressed with Joker. Plus here seems to be no real consistency with the look of the characters, meaning I'm not sure how they'll look together as a collection.

I posted this a while ago about the lack of a hand for the grapnel gun. It was one of the first things I noticed. I do wonder if the hand just isn't shown. Maybe sideshow could shed some light in this if asked?

I still can't decide how I feel about this figure. In some pictures it does look good. And contrary to most people I think I prefer the long eared cowl. However, I really don't think it looks worth the price. I love the look of Harley and Catwoman but I'm not overly impressed with Joker. Plus here seems to be no real consistency with the look of the characters, meaning I'm not sure how they'll look together as a collection.

Agree completely.

Aside from a few issues with the joker, it's a stellar figure from SSC...which is why I'm genuinely excited for batman. I've had my fill of live action batman figures. Don't get me wrong fellas, I love them, but this is gonna throw in some much needed variety to my collection.

Ugh, the wait for this is gonna be tough.

I think his set he comes attached with could be gripper hands that might be why it's not pictured with the other hands. those hands we see are separate on the eggshell they probably didn't feel the need to show gripper gun hands because they would assume we would get that if it came with a gun he would have that hands.

if not it might be one of the few updates they will fix before he is release. I was told there is stuff not pictured that is being fixed but wasn't told what because that info isn't know to CS so that and the neck might be addressed.

I think his set he comes attached with could be gripper hands that might be why it's not pictured with the other hands. those hands we see are separate on the eggshell they probably didn't feel the need to show gripper gun hands because they would assume we would get that if it came with a gun he would have that hands.

if not it might be one of the few updates they will fix before he is release. I was told there is stuff not pictured that is being fixed but wasn't told what because that info isn't know to CS so that and the neck might be addressed.

Well thats awesome but August man one hell of a wait...

Back