SSC and possible fake WL? Why I have doubts now.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VS1976

Super Freak
Reaction score
Please note this is not a rant on SSC but I really need to know why WL items are getting converted so easily after I go on a WL?

Since the NRDs have been introduced last year their has been some members here calling on SSC about fake sold outs. I did not believe them more or less because of the NRDs.

Last month I put a WL on the Madame Hydra EX comiquette. It converted a week later. It said I had 2 days to decide before the WL converts to an order. I ponder to keep the order mainly because of the price. To my surprise, the WL switch to an order less then a day later. I quickly cancelled it before I was charged the NRD. I also had 5 other WL orders converted too but I decided to keep those. The converted WL is 100%. Those are some really eye openers too.

Now a few days ago, I decide to test out if the WL again & if it would convert so easily. It converted today. I can't see these WL items converting so easily due to the NRDs. Shouldn't NRDs make converting a WL harder?

I also noticed there are some WL items with NRDs have somehow made it's way back to being in-stock.

Now this could be a coincidence but I am starting to have doubts. If this is not a coincidence, I hope SSC stops how they are running their practices just to bait us into ordering there products earlier. Get rid of the NRD if this is the case also. IMO, if this is the route, they are going, I will probably lose support of them and I really hope I don't. :eek:

Please read post 43 by Shadow. He explained it better then I could ever had
:lol

Last edited:
Re: SSC and possible fake sold outs? Why I have doubts now.

It's simple, Wait List =/= Sold out. If it's sold out, there won't be a wait list option and the website will say, "Sold Out."

Sorry it's not Sold Out but WL getting converted so easily. I will change my title

It makes sense to mark a product wait list when stock gets low enough. This way, if they find some extra in the warehouse (which happens a lot for companies carrying as much product as Sideshow), they can convert a Wait List. You're making this a way bigger deal than it actually is and blaming Sideshow for your own impulses. If you don't want the product, don't jump on the wait list and you won't be billed a NRD when it converts. Simple as that. :lol

It makes sense to mark a product wait list when stock gets low enough. This way, if they find some extra in the warehouse (which happens a lot for companies carrying as much as Sideshow, they can convert a Wait List. You're making this a way bigger deal than it actually is. If you don't want the product, don't jump on the wait list and you won't be billed. Simple as that. :lol

I understand what WL are but we are talking about Non Returnable Deposits here! NRDs Wait List should not convert so easily. IMO Iam now thinking SSC are baiting the customers to buy there products sooner. Once the NRDs are charged, you can't cancel it without losing your $

I understand what WL are but we are talking about Non Returnable Deposits here! NRDs Wait List should not convert so easily. IMO Iam now thinking SSC are baiting the customers to buy there products sooner. Once the NRDs are charged, you can't cancel it without losing your $

If you don't have the money to pay for an item when you jump on the wait list, DO NOT JUMP ON THE WAIT LIST! They can convert at any time as stipulated in the terms you agree to when you get on the Wait List. Why are you blaming Sideshow for your own impulse control issues? :lol

This thread is still going? Never heard of someone being mad that their WL converted.

If you don't have the money to pay for an item when you jump on the wait list, DO NOT JUMP ON THE WAIT LIST! They can convert at any time as stipulated in the terms you agree to when you get on the Wait List. Why are you blaming Sideshow for your own impulse control issues? :lol

I rather have time to think about it before plucking my hard earn cash kn an order. NRDs add up really quickly and sometimes it effects your preorders or ready to ship items when u don't have enough funds.

I rather have time to think about it before plucking my hard earn cash kn an order. NRDs add up really quickly and sometimes it effects your preorders or ready to ship items when u don't have enough funds.

Re-read my post. :dunno

If you don't have the money to pay for the statue, don't WL it. :cuckoo:

By submitting reservations for Sideshow’s wait lists, participants agree that Sideshow, with or without notice, may fulfill the reservation and charge their credit card on file for the requested product whenever it becomes available as long as the reservation remains active. Reservations remain active and available for fulfillment by Sideshow until actually cancelled by the participant or Sideshow and are shown as such in the participant’s online account, regardless of whether Sideshow may have notified the participant of an impending cancellation for a reservation. In addition, Sideshow will not be held responsible for any overdraft or over-limit fees assessed to a participant by any card service or banking institution as a result of Sideshow’s fulfilling the participant’s active reservation.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=163

It's not their fault, it's yours. :dunno

Treat a wait list just like you would a normal order. If you had to pay a deposit before sellout, you will have to pay a deposit if your wait list converts. Don't be surprised when your wait list converts and you have to pay the NRD just like everybody else. Getting on a wait list for an item that requires a deposit is not a method for getting around the NRD. If you don't want to pay, don't get on the wait list. Expect wait list orders to convert. That's the point.

Re-read my post. :dunno

If you don't have the money to pay for the statue, don't WL it. :cuckoo:

Yah I read it. IMO, SSC is making the decision for you. Yah that sounds crazy but giving false info that an item has not completely fullfilled and puts it on a WL. When people sees this, they immediately go on a WL. When it converts you are charged the NRD.

Some people want to have time to decide. Look at Clayburn Moore. His stuff rarely goes on WL giving the buyer time to think about it.

I'm a bit confused here. You say that you have a chance to cancel your waitlist before the NRD is charged, so. . .you can just do that if you get on a waitlist on impulse and actually have no intention of ordering something. If you actually plan on buying something you go on the waitlist for--as is the purpose of the waitlist--then you would presumably be happy with the conversion. There seems to be absolutely no risk or cost involved in what you are doing if you choose to cancel, so. . .what's the complaint again?

Treat a wait list just like you would a normal order. If you had to pay a deposit before sellout, you will have to pay a deposit if your wait list converts. Don't be surprised when your wait list converts and you have to pay the NRD just like everybody else. Getting on a wait list for an item that requires a deposit is not a method for getting around the NRD. If you don't want to pay, don't get on the wait list. Expect wait list orders to convert. That's the point.

My point is this When an item has an NRD it should not convert so easily due to te fact people already (supposedly) paid the deposit before the item goes on the WL? Those order make up the already announced ES.

Yah I read it. IMO, SSC is making the decision for you. Yah that sounds crazy but giving false info that an item has not completely fullfilled and puts it on a WL. When people sees this, they immediately go on a WL. When it converts you are charged the NRD.

Some people want to have time to decide. Look at Clayburn Moore. His stuff rarely goes on WL giving the buyer time to think about it.

Again I ask, why are you blaming Sideshow for your own impulse control issues? You agree to the terms when you Wait List an item. If you don't have the cash to do so, or are uncertain you want the item, DO NOT JUMP ON THE WAIT LIST! It's not rocket science, bub. :lol

And if you're using the WL to bypass the NRD, then that's your own damn fault and hopefully you've learned your lesson. :lol :pfft:

Again I ask, why are you blaming Sideshow for your own impulse control issues? You agree to the terms when you Wait List an item. If you don't have the cash to do so, or are uncertain you want the item, DO NOT JUMP ON THE WAIT LIST! It's not rocket science, bub. :lol

And if you're using the WL to bypass the NRD, then that's your own damn fault and hopefully you've learned your lesson. :lol :pfft:

You still don't get it? If the item isn't selling well. SSC puts it on WL. People sees that, and jumps on it because they don't want to miss out on it. WL gets converted and NRD are collected. SSC sells the item faster now! Once the NRD are collected, u can't cancel it without losing your deposit.

You still don't get it? If the item isn't selling well. SSC puts it on WL. People sees that, and jumps on it because they don't want to miss out on it. WL gets converted and NRD are collected. SSC sells the item faster now! Once the NRD are collected, u can't cancel it without losing your deposit.

And you're missing the point. Don't jump on the WL unless you're ready to order. It's as simple as that. Your whole rant is because you jumped on a WL and got billed a NRD because it processed immediately. That's not Sideshow's fault, that's yours. Read the Wait List conditions. :huh

What is the big deal here? :dunno

And you're missing the point. Don't jump on the WL unless you're ready to order. It's as simple as that. Your whole rant is because you jumped on a WL and got billed a NRD because it processed immediately. That's not Sideshow's fault, that's yours. :huh

So it's okay for a company to put an item on Waitlist even though the item hasn't event met (fullfilled) the edition size? That means if they only sold 200 of 500 ES, it's okay to put it on a WL now? Isn't that being deceiving?:dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back