Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

You were on a waitlist. They ran out. I understand.

Do you?

You are saying that it is a waitlist just like every Sideshow waitlist for a sold out item. He is saying that it should be a waitlist in which everyone simply waits their turn in line to get one, and EVERYONE who gets on the list gets one. He is saying that the waitlist is nothing more than something to determine who's turn it is.

Frankly, when it comes to Sideshow making a poor quality product by mistake, it should be HIS kind of waitlist. If Sideshow makes 750 of something, there should be 750 top quality products delivered to customers, and if not done initially, then they should fix it so that EVERY customer who has a defective one gets theirs fixed so that they eventually receive a top quality product.

At THIS price point, that is exactly how it should be. Sideshow can afford to do this at these prices and still make a profit. It will cost them more than doing it right the first time, however, it was THEIR mistake not taking the necessary measures to ensure quality control, which would have been cheaper than doing them over, but someone wanted to pinch pennies when it came to production costs and wanted to roll the dice when it came to quality. Then, when there are defects that they could have prevented by being more responsible as to managing their business, they act as if these problems aren't really their fault, and anyone who doesn't like it can simply have a refund.

We REALLY need a competitor to Sideshow. It seems that they simply don't take ENOUGH pride in their products to assure their customers of receiving top quality. They DO take pride in what they produce, but when they don't make sure that every customer gets a top quality product, they don't care ENOUGH. That is my standard of caring, and taking pride, because that is what it takes to make all of the customers satisfied. That is the only standard that matters.

You are saying that it is a waitlist just like every Sideshow waitlist for a sold out item. He is saying that it should be a waitlist in which everyone simply waits their turn in line to get one, and EVERYONE who gets on the list gets one. He is saying that the waitlist is nothing more than something to determine who's turn it is.

Frankly, when it comes to Sideshow making a poor quality product by mistake, it should be HIS kind of waitlist. If Sideshow makes 750 of something, there should be 750 top quality products delivered to customers, and if not done initially, then they should fix it so that EVERY customer who has a defective one gets theirs fixed so that they eventually receive a top quality product.

At THIS price point, that is exactly how it should be. Sideshow can afford to do this at these prices and still make a profit. It will cost them more than doing it right the first time, however, it was THEIR mistake not taking the necessary measures to ensure quality control, which would have been cheaper than doing them over, but someone wanted to pinch pennies when it came to production costs and wanted to roll the dice when it came to quality. Then, when there are defects that they could have prevented by being more responsible as to managing their business, they act as if these problems aren't really their fault, and anyone who doesn't like it can simply have a refund.

We REALLY need a competitor to Sideshow. It seems that they simply don't take ENOUGH pride in their products to assure their customers of receiving top quality. They DO take pride in what they produce, but when they don't make sure that every customer gets a top quality product, they don't care ENOUGH. That is my standard of caring, and taking pride, because that is what it takes to make all of the customers satisfied. That is the only standard that matters.

amen to dat :goodpost:

He made the point that because they were on a waitlist, they were getting screwed. I was explaining that it was a waitlist in the sense that the names of the people who submitted complaints were being compiled into a list to receive replacements. Before they place an order for replacements, they need to determine how many heads will be needed, after which they can estimate how many more complaints will be received. Complaints received after they have placed that order will be at risk for not receiving a head. They aren't going to make 750 heads (it's less a matter of materials and labor, and more an issue of time; people are waiting, and not patiently).

I made the comparison to the waitlists used for sold out pieces because in those, there is no guarantee from the beginning, and the entire attitude of his post was that the people waiting for replacements were as out of luck now as they were when they still didn't know if anything would be done for them. But the fact that he was on a waitlist isn't why he didn't get a replacement for his Ms.Marvel.

Does that make more sense? I could have been that detailed in my original post, but I saw no reason to, given that he couldn't even be bothered to capitalize. He just wanted to take his shot, feeding into the hopelessness that is making this situation progressively more miserable for the people stuck in it.

amen to dat :goodpost:

Blackthornone and exprimez are both smarter than devil

If trying to keep people from freaking out further than they have already, and eliminating reasons for them to stress further is not discussing, then I guess you're right. Again.

I'll leave so you're free to do whatever it is you're doing. :duff

So, I skimmed most of the pages since yesterday morning.
Is the only news still about that one guy over at SF? No one else has heard from SS yet?

You express :exactly: why they won't do it. Your cutting into their profits.... :rotfl

Makes me wonder if corporate tax rates, capital gains taxes and income taxes weren't exorbitant, would the statues be manufactured in the U.S.? I wonder how many other impositions on business make it impossible to produce these things domestically.

Good point. Nothing makes me sicker, as a small business owner, than to see big U.S. companies outsourcing due to outrageous taxes. I don't care about political party as none seem to get it...that the lack of jobs in the U.S. is because they are ALL going elsewhere. That said, who knows who they'd get to paint them here domestically. Lawn care companies and others hire illegals, so there could be sweatshops here as much as anywhere else...

what's the price?

one sold on oct 7th for $595. There are two more ending today that are over $450 and rising...but I also notice that ones for $495 buy it now didn't sell as early as last week, so not sure what to make of it.

You express :exactly: why they won't do it. Your cutting into their profits.... :rotfl

There was a case many years ago in which Ford was having many reliability problems with a transmission they were making. At the same time, there was a Japanese auto maker (that I can't recall the name of now, but that isn't the point) that had no reliability issues at all with their transmission, and it was the exact same transmission! Both the transmission that Ford made and the one that the Japanese made used the exact same blueprints. For some reason, the Japanese one was totally reliable, while the Ford one was not. Ford decided to inspect the Japanese transmissions more closely to see why. They had to use a microscope to see the difference. The Japanese transmissions were more reliable because the gears were machined to a higher standard, which you could not see with the naked eye. That made them run smoother and be more reliable. The cost difference of manufacturing was very small between the two transmissions, but the Ford transmissions were costing millions of dollars in warranty repairs and such. Ford was pinching pennies to increase sale profits, but they were losing dollars in warranty claims. They started manufacturing their transmissions like the Japanese did, and all of the reliability problems went away.
In the end, quality costs less. This is an important lesson that Sideshow needs to learn. :lecture

Here is a link to an article on W. Edwards Deming, a man who understood productivity and quality control.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Edwards_Deming

Here is the Wikipedia version of the story:

Dr. Deming's teachings and philosophy are best illustrated by examining the results they produced when they were adopted by Japanese industry, as the following example shows: Ford Motor Company was simultaneously manufacturing a car model with transmissions made in Japan and the United States. Soon after the car model was on the market, Ford customers were requesting the model with Japanese transmission over the USA-made transmission, and they were willing to wait for the Japanese model. As both transmissions were made to the same specifications, Ford engineers could not understand the customer preference for the model with Japanese transmission. Finally, Ford engineers decided to take apart the two different transmissions. The American-made car parts were all within specified tolerance levels. On the other hand, the Japanese car parts were virtually identical to each other, and much closer to the nominal values for the parts - e.g., if a part was supposed to be one foot long, plus or minus 1/8 of an inch - then the Japanese parts were all within 1/16 of an inch. This made the Japanese cars run more smoothly and customers experienced fewer problems. Engineers at Ford could not understand how this was done until they met Deming.[3]

Actually the paint debacle has helped flippers on Ebay to now charge premiums for what they consider good paint jobs. Actually many are using that as a selling point, that their's has a perfect paint job.

Back