Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

Thank you Jen. Thank you also for bringing some reason to this thread.

That's ^^^ just what I said :D, she's nicer because she's a girl. :pfft:

<-- and I look like this. :lecture

I will admit that if they said you would be put on a list if you want a replacement, versus being put on a waitlist, it would be a lot more reassuring for a whole lot of folks.

I hope all that want one are able to get one. :duff

Yes! Thank you for bringing fresh perspective Jen. :)

This is an "Opinion Toy Message Board." I value most all opinions here, even if I have disagreements with friends. Even those who are "new" moderators or Mr. Stephens himself. I will never be shy to debate those who I disagree with as long as it's done so in a professional and civil manner.

Agreed. Voicing your opinions, concerns and complaints in an adult and civil manner is always welcomed.

Yeah, sometimes some of you want way more than you deserve. Sorry thats fact.

What do you think the waitlist is for? Candy Bars? Donuts? Coke? :lol They're offering people to get on a WL to get a replacement sculpt. How is that not offering a replacement sculpt?

Why should a customer receiving a defective product, not meeting SSC's own standards per their website photos and SDCC production statue, have to sign up on a waitlist to begin with. This tells me they have gotten a lot more emails and calls than they let on to and they are working to get replacement heads made to take care of the likely demand. Remember, not everyone has gotten their statue yet across the world. I think the condescending tone towards customers on here who paid hard earned money for a high quality statue is despicable. Again, who messed up here to even cause this problem? I have a feeling some of you would think an old lady robbed on the street shouldn't have been on the street instead of holding the robber at task. :lecture

Ok so to be clear, SSC saying they are making replacement heads sounds like the perfect solution and I can understand why some people are wondering why there is still negativity about this response.

For me the answer is because;

A) the eyes, are they to be painted as per proto looking to the left on the reg head or the new looking forward position.

The reg sculpt is designed to have her looking to the left which is why her eyes are a different shape, not convinced just repainting them looking straight would actually work. (freeman made the eyes bigger from what I can tell and that seems to have improved things.

B) The heads DO NOT FIT on my statue and many others, if they remake the exact same mold then this issue will persist which is not at all cool

So if SSC replaces my portraits with ones that are well painted and fit onto the statue then yes I am 100% happy.

According to some the fact that I expect a well painted head that fits onto the statue I paid close to $400 for makes me a lunatic, well I do not see it that way at all.

Oh and that e-mail from SSC that was posted was Identical to my MS Marvel e-mail (except they say Rogue) and in the end I NEVER got the replacement, even though the statue is still on waitlist.

So yes I will be sceptical until I have the replacement in my hands, not because I hate sideshow but because life has taught me better.

Why should a customer receiving a defective product, not meeting SSC's own standards per their website photos and SDCC production statue, have to sign up on a waitlist to begin with. This tells me they have gotten a lot more emails and calls than they let on to and they are working to get replacement heads made to take care of the likely demand. Remember, not everyone has gotten their statue yet across the world. I think the condescending tone towards customers on here who paid hard earned money for a high quality statue is despicable. Again, who messed up here to even cause this problem? I have a feeling some of you would think an old lady robbed on the street shouldn't have been on the street instead of holding the robber at task. :lecture

You're right it shouldn't have. The eyes should have been fine from the start. Point some did and they're taking names to make sure those folks get what they wanted in the first place. So in other words folks are going to be taken care of.

Ok so to be clear, SSC saying they are making replacement heads sounds like the perfect solution and I can understand why some people are wondering why there is still negativity about this response.

A) the eyes, are they to be painted as per proto looking to the left on the reg head or the new looking forward position.

The reg sculpt is designed to have her looking to the left which is why her eyes are a different shape, not convinced just repainting them looking straight would actually work. (freeman made the eyes bigger from what I can tell and that seems to have improved things.

B) The heads DO NOT FIT on my statue and many others, if they remake the exact same mold then this issue will persist which is not at all cool

So if SSC replaces my portraits with ones that are well painted and fit onto the statue then yes I am 100% happy.

According to some the fact that I expect a well painted head that fits onto the statue I paid close to $400 for makes me a lunatic, well I do not see it that way at all.
Oh and that e-mail from SSC that was posted was Identical to my MS Marvel e-mail (except they say Rogue) and in the end I NEVER got the replacement, even though the statue is still on waitlist.

So yes I will be sceptical until I have the replacement in my hands, not because I hate sideshow but because life has taught me better.

:goodpost: And you shouldn't be labeled as such. That's hard earned money.

YAWN

I'd take the refund IF i actually had this ordered and received it in this condition and then have them repainted by someone that knows what they're doing, since I find it very unlikely we'll see satifactory results from anyone in china anymore.

I honestly think these heads are painted on an assembly line with one person painting one side and another painting the other side.:slap

:goodpost: :exactly: Well said!

That's a bit disconcerting, however, I'll be patient with a wait and see attitude.

Well if there is a waitlist and some of us dont convert I think that is a bad way to handle this. Time will tell. I still have not received this new email yet. I spoke to Daniel on wednesday and emailed him my pics on thusrday though so it hasnt been even 5 business days yet. At the same time if its a "waitlist" I want to get on it now! Not 4 days from now when they email me.

But I want one :monkey2

What should I do? Do you think I deserve to ask for a replacement or is it that I am complaining too much and I am too influenced by everybody's opinion and can't see how a wonderful masterwork this paint job is???

P1010063.jpg

Is THIS for real?!!! I can't believe this passed QC. Sideshow should recall them all PERIOD.

I once knew a girl that had these eyes, but it wasn't her fault.

me: k
is it true that the rogue head will get a new paint treatment for replacements?

Sideshow Mike: we are getting replacement heads from the factory that is correct
you will be emialed all the details, and we appreicate your patience

me: is this going to correct the ex head as well? i notice many forum member, even mine has a gap where the neck sits in the socket

Sideshow Mike: replacements factor in all the feedback that we have received

me: k
ty

Sideshow Mike: becuase the gap in the neck is not common on all the figures it is hard to say if the replacements will address that issue

Oh, I thought you meant actual advertisements. . . that's just an editorial article, a puff piece on their website. It's just a piece of marketing fluff. It's not like they're actually ADVERTISING their high QC standards, everyone in the hobby knows that would be a huge joke. Sideshow pumps out so much merch, it's ridiculous when you stop and think about it. . . they've got this industry by the balls. The fact of the matter is Sideshow produces FAR too many products to have 'high' QC standards, it's just not possible.

And for what it's worth, that article reads like it's about 3 or 4 years old. I doubt they even remember they put it up, haha.

And let's be realistic here, nobody out there has a quality control team that is checking each and every piece. Not NECA, not Gentle Giant, not Hot Toys, not Enterbay, not nobody. QC maybe checks one piece out of every case, maybe 1 out 10, or 1 out of 50, and even then, they are nowhere near as 'stringent' as the forum people here. Which is why I suggested Sideshow hire some forum members to check QC. . . but if that were the case, half of the production run would be thrown out every time.

Back