SS Kanamit into Chewie and Darth--- HELP!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been a long time but now that summer has hit I should be able to find the time to tackle a few projects (most importantly the :chew that's been sitting in its drawer). I did receive this fantastic painted head sculpt of Auric Goldfinger from Spenser and after decapitating a Goring head and adding a tux with some slight modifications (but keeping the Goring shirt for his gargantuan belly) I ended up with this Bond nemesis---

Before decapitation

After (first time using my new dremel tool---yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I'm going to have him seated at the card table and playing poker in my 1/6 Bond display so that'll negate the outerundies that I had to borrow from a Hasbro Darth Maul to allow for the tux pants to fit...

I'll be back later with updates on Chewie (and as soon as Darren gets his hands on the sunoch TPM Obi head I sent I'll have updates on that custom job as well).

A couple of questions as I read thru the thread.
1 What gloves could I use for Vader?
2 If I used the terminator body with a Hasbro head how would I connect it? SS sculpts the neck on the head.
3 Anyone have a body suggestion or a extra t-800 body? :)
And to all you guys who are customizing WOW!!!!! Excellent jobs I'm awed buy you ability!!

Cowboy said:
2 If I used the terminator body with a Hasbro head how would I connect it? SS sculpts the neck on the head.
And to all you guys who are customizing WOW!!!!! Excellent jobs I'm awed buy you ability!!

Concerning gloves, certain SSC Civil War figures came with tan/off white gloves. They seem to be the most popular. Van Helsing, and a couple LOTR figs came with gloves, but you'll have to add the cuff to them. I've seen a couple use leather for the cuffs. Also Darth Maul has great gloves, and the extra hands could make for alternate poses.

Sorry for ressurecting, but this Thread is just too sweet to let go :monkey5

Has anyone ever tried using the Vader helmet of the 12" Applause figure to make a 1/6?

And has anyone made some more progress on the fantastic Vaders that were being built and shown in this thread?

Cowboy, I used Boromir gloves and added fabric to form the rest of them. Still in progress though.....

Check out my thread link...

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21782

I used the Terminator body, take the crispy Anakin head, heat it up and cut the neck, just above the "ball joint" and just trim it a bit and just pop it onto the neck post.

As for an extra t-800 body? Try here.... just a side note though, I had to lengthen the legs to give it a bit more height.

https://toyanxiety.com/template.jsp?page=Catalog&menu=1&id=1115

I got the applause vade and it is too small, i reckon its 1/8 scale.

Thanks for the info, mate! I almost bought the thing, but now I think I'll let it pass :lol

"Darthrazz: As for an extra t-800 body? Try here.... just a side note though, I had to lengthen the legs to give it a bit more height."

Good tip, great site. Do you happen to have some pics of the lengthened Terminator figure?

Thanks for the info, mate! I almost bought the thing, but now I think I'll let it pass :lol

"Darthrazz: As for an extra t-800 body? Try here.... just a side note though, I had to lengthen the legs to give it a bit more height."

Good tip, great site. Do you happen to have some pics of the lengthened Terminator figure?

I'll try to post pics tonight, when I get home.

I just bought a (cheap) DC Direct Superman deluxe/classic: it's 13" and nice and big and muscled. Hoping its a good starting point for a big custom Vader..

Hi guys, I believe that Hurricane recently used a 13" DC Direct body for one of the amazing Vader's that he made. Check out one of his threads for images.

I just bought a (cheap) DC Direct Superman deluxe/classic: it's 13" and nice and big and muscled. Hoping its a good starting point for a big custom Vader..

Very David Prowse like... please update once it arrives. Was it an E-bay score?

OK--- I'm going to be getting my custom Bespin Luke soon from Hurricane and that's got me chomping at the bit to get back to my original project (the reason why I started this thread---well A of A&B:D) of fashioning a Chewbacca out of a 14" SIDESHOW Kanamit. I'm going to start to tackle this in the next few weeks (while the little one is napping).

Also as my TPM Obi/Ewan head sculpt from sunoch has been sent to Darren I've already got a headless body ready to go---with some additional attachments on the way from RedPlanet (Qui Gon's belt & robe). Pics to come of that project--- and I'll probably share those in the SW thread as well.

"I'm back baby!"

:chew:chew:chew

(gotta go read to the little one--something about bears...)

:chew:chew:chew

Very David Prowse like... please update once it arrives. Was it an E-bay score?

Yep, it was. They are couple of them still on there, pretty cheap too..
I'll update when it arrives. I plan on using two Ultimate Vader suits to make one big one, Kaiyodo parts etc..

Keep us posted!

Î certainly will, although it'll be about 15 days before I expect The 13" Supes and extra UV suit (shipping from US to Belgium), so you'll have to be patient :D

Oh, and if anyone stil has another extra Ultimate illain suit lying around, please pm me, I think I could use it :) Thanks!

as mentioned above i did make one vader on the DC direct body, had to alter the arms a wee bit but all in all made a very imposing vader figure.
DSCF0047-1.jpg

:monkey5 That's just fantastic! Awesome piece of work, Hurricane!
Were you able to use the regular parts on this DC body as well?

as mentioned above i did make one vader on the DC direct body, had to alter the arms a wee bit but all in all made a very imposing vader figure.
DSCF0047-1.jpg

Back