SS Grievous - SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RE

I don't know how they showed his chest crushing, but since he's mostly mechanical - he could have been repaired...

Re: re

I think the problem with Grevious is that people were expecting too much from him in the movie. In Clone Wars he's such a cool character but in the movie he's not. People's expectations were just too high. Fett and Maul didn't have the exposure that Grevious had before their movies were released. Greivous had an hour's worth of screen time before ROTS was released.

As far as the SS piece goes, I'm undecided. I'd like somekind of GG piece. The character's design is just so cool.

:skull

Yea true he is mostly mechanical but he still has some living parts to him and that is what got crushed in the fight with Mace. So Im thinking it did some damage to him.

Yeh but who the hell is going to know that, not every person or even 10 percent of the people seeing this movie have seen the cartoons. His weakness just didn't work for me. It seemed like anyone with good blaster aim could have taken him out long ago.

Jesse

Yeah, why did someone (George) feel it necessary to make The General sick like that, just so it was more realistic for Obi-wan to kill him? Would have been better for him not to get hurt at all in the cartoons and just be as bad as he is.... >:

Well not anyone with a light saber and a good knowledge of the force. :p :poke

But I think you know what I meant. This great Jedi assassin with this hough gaping weak spot that nobody has managed to take advantage of yet. Come on.

Jesse

He was a great character, but not 450$ great... I haven't ordered him before and I'm not going to now.

Vader and Han for me only. Vader 'cuss he is the coolest ever and Han 'cuss the figure looks like Harrison spot on... Luke I'm not to fond of - the resemblance isn't good.

Well after seeing the Classic that is ROTS, I was disappointed
that Grievous was such a coward, and not the undaunted Jedi killing machine he was in the Cartoon.

But the Obi-wan-Grievous confrontation/fight is still one of my best scenes, When he's chasing him on the Prehistoric/Bird Lizard, was I great Star Wars scene. reminds me of the Speed/Biker chaise in Jedi.

The thing that would have made it better though, they should have saved the four Lightsaber trick till the end though that would have been one awesome duel. Instead of just Blasting him " So uncivilized" classic. this is really growing on me though.

If Greavous hadn't had been injured before ROTS though he would have been much more of a deadly fighter,
So he wasn't how I imagined, but I still like the character.

So I will keep the Figure.

re

Hmmm, guess I'm in a minority but I really liked Grievous. Never seen the cartoons or read the books, so maybe my expectations weren't high, but I like the 'flawed' nature he had. It gave him, well, character. There are enough one dimentional killers in films. As Sam Jackson would say, he had personality. :elf

It just kills me how many people are willing to buy something off eBay that won't ship for 6-12 months.

Like I said in the other thread. I'm not too crazy bout the character, he was 0k for me.

I more then likely will cancel my order for the Exclusive version. And, pass on the character.

I might be coming around. While I hated him in the movie (Ok maybe not hated, but was extremely disappointed) I think that this statue is going to be bad a$$ and deff worth having in your collection.

Jesse

Back