SS Grievous - SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Re:re

I again add my thoughts,

GG during the Clone Wars :bow
During ROTS :thud

Re: re

And for those who said that Grievous was a *****, what did you think about Sidious whining like a baby when he was getting zapped by lightning?

Fear is the path to the darkside as Yoda says. ALL of the major villains in Star Wars are scared. That's what makes them evil. Lest we forget, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Anakin is scared constantly in the film, but people still think he was so cool. The entire POINT of the film is that the villains were scared inside. I can't be the only one that got that.

I don't understand this mentality of dark=cool character or good movie. ESB is the best film NOT because it is so dark but because it is so well written. TPM is not a great film because it is poorly written, NOT because it is so lighthearted and fun.

The Utapau scenes were among my favorites in the film, and I can't wait to get the SS Grievous as an embodiment of that storyline. I would love to get an orange clone like in V28's sig with an Utapau base to put with Grievous. Maybe even an Ep. 3 Obi-Wan, too.:drool

A cool GG diorama would be Obi-Wan on his dragon-like steed (can't remember its name) on Utapau. Man, I LOVE the SS 1/4 line and the GG dioramas.

I am aware of that EU stuff Richard, but in my view he died in the Sarlaac.

Don't get me wrong, I feel the same way. I don't think Lucas really goes by any of the EU stuff anyway. For a renowned bounty hunter, he did get an unfitting death.

After thinking about it more, I really wish General Grievous wasn't injured by Mace in the Clone Wars cartoon. It might have worked better to have him injured during his first confrontation between Obi-Wan and Anakin. I think this would have cleared up some issues during the screening as to why he was in the condition he was. Instead of General Grievous, we got General Wheezous. :p

My Two Cents on Grievous...

Hey All, I was lucky enough to go to the 12:01 at the Arclight in Hollywood. I loved the movie! Only complaint was some bad graphics on the clone trooper heads - but minor.

Anyway - i should note that i did not follow any of the non-film storylines before seeing this movie. So I had no backstory on Grievous.

SPOILER WARNING

When I first saw him on screen, with the coughing and all, I was slightly confused -- he was supposed to be some big baddie. As the film progressed, and Lucas introduced the idea that Sidious can keep someone alive eternally, my brain immediately connected the dots and thought that Sidious had in fact done this for Grievous, but his creation was flawed - ie, his coughing and poor health were the result of Sidious's lack of experience in performing this Sith ability. (once again, I was not privy to the established plot in the cartoons, etc)

Nothing in the film confirmed or denied that, but I thought that was a pretty logical conclusion.

Sidious's creation of Darth Vader than was a much better version - but still with some flaws.

And if Sidious would have survived longer, maybe the next Sith Lord would have been perfection.

Anyway, thats my two cents.

but SW has been around much longer than LOTR

Actually, LOTR has been around for decades longer than Star Wars and even though I'm a big SW fan, LOTR is the better story of the two in my most humble opinion.:peace

re

Now let's not start pitting Lucas against Tolkien, because we all know who will be the victor. :D

"And for those who said that Grievous was a *****, what did you think about Sidious whining like a baby when he was getting zapped by lightning?"

He was faking it to get Anakin's sympathy and push him over the edge to get him to take care of Mace. There is no doubt in my mind that Sidious could have taken out Mace at any time but he was playing the game.

Re: .

Actually Mace much more powerful in combat than Sidious primarily because of the particular technique he employs. The battle may have lasted much longer, but ultimately Sidious would have been hard pressed to defeat Mace. This is why Sidious puts on the act of crying to get Anakin to come to his defense. Keep in mind too Anakin wasn't really motivated to save an old man, but to save what he believed was his only chance to save Padme.

He was faking it to get Anakin's sympathy and push him over the edge to get him to take care of Mace. There is no doubt in my mind that Sidious could have taken out Mace at any time but he was playing the game.

Absolutely - just one more manipulation of Anakin to push him onto another step towards the dark side.

What's interesting is that Anakin saved Palpatine from force lightning and years later, Luke saved Vader from the same thing.

re

Both Luke and Vader felt the power of the darkside from Palpatine, except Luke was the only 1 who survived it: Vader sacrificed himself in the name of redemption.

"And for those who said that Grievous was a *****, what did you think about Sidious whining like a baby when he was getting zapped by lightning?"

Yes he was faking it. You can see it in Darth Sidious'e eyes. He was actually smirking when he was telling Anakin that he was dying and cannot hold any longer. Reenforcing the message that it's Anakin's last chance to learn the secret to save Padme.

If Darth Sidious can beat Master Yoda, he can definitely beat Mace Windu.

:lvader

I saw this on IMDB and had to laugh:

"One of the early concepts for General Grievous was a small child sitting on a floating chair, guarded by two IG88 droids from Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. George Lucas rejected this look as a child would not be taken seriously as the deadliest hand to hand fighter the galaxy has seen, which is how he wanted Grievous to be portrayed."

Makes you wonder why he decided to go with General Wheezous.

I'm a little surprised at the negative reaction to Grievous. I thought he was equal to Maul and far surpassed Boba Fett as a secondary villain. And the design is truly inspired. The 4 sabers stance was very cool.

I saw him as a prototype Vader, used to be organic but now is mostly machine, and his biological side is dying - hence the cough. He was cowardly, even in the beginning, but that's an interesting character choice, especially since in his running from Obi and Ani he caused so much damage.

I think people will reconsider. I don't think anyone responded at all to Boba Fett after Empire. It was just seeing him represented in merchandising afterward and seeing how cool he looked that ultimately made him a favorite.

Back