Statue SS Aliens: Alien Warrior Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its 16.5 inch tall.....not that good to me

Have you net read anything in this thread or the dog thread?

They are 1/6 scale statues. They aren't gonna be the same size as the maquettes! It's a $250 statue for christs sake what more do you want?:monkey4 :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Anyway. Ordered.:yess:

Have you net read anything in this thread or the dog thread?

They are 1/6 scale statues. They aren't gonna be the same size as the maquettes! It's a $250 statue for christs sake what more do you want?:monkey4 :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Anyway. Ordered.:yess:

:exactly:

Hmm I am tempted to put it on the 5 month flex pay but I will wait and see UK seller price first in a few days time. I dont mind if I dont get exclusive.

Well, there you go. I think all of the statues are supposed to be 1/6-scale, but they just miscalculated with the Dog Alien (or just thought he should be smaller, who knows?).

I think once all four are together (especially the bipedal ones), they'll look great. Hell, they kick ass as individual pieces as well.

Well, there you go. I think all of the statues are supposed to be 1/6-scale, but they just miscalculated with the Dog Alien (or just thought he should be smaller, who knows?).

I think once all four are together (especially the bipedal ones), they'll look great. Hell, they kick ass as individual pieces as well.

:goodpost:

I think the Big Chap and Warrior statues would look awesome together.
I will have to have Dog and Warrior together though. Still looks awesome!

Am I the only one who's not too keen on the headsculpt? There's something wrong with the mouth for me. The maquette also had this problem, but not to such extent. It just somehow looks a bit goofy to me. It doesn't recreate the sleek lines, and the horror of the Cameron Alien Warrior design:

sURS3.jpg

So far the only Cameron's Warrior headsculpt from Sideshow, that I liked was...well, the 1:1 bust. But maybe its just me. Would love to order that statue, but the headsculpt really isn't doing it for me.

Am I the only one who's not too keen on the headsculpt? There's something wrong with the mouth for me. The maquette also had this problem, but not to such extent. It just somehow looks a bit goofy to me. It doesn't recreate the sleek lines, and the horror of the Cameron Alien Warrior design:

sURS3.jpg

So far the only Cameron's Warrior headsculpt from Sideshow, that I liked was...well, the 1:1 bust. But maybe its just me. Would love to order that statue, but the headsculpt really isn't doing it for me.

For a SS statue this is considered low end so I doubt we will ever see a "perfect" statue from anyone for $250.

For a SS statue this is considered low end so I doubt we will ever see a "perfect" statue from anyone for $250.

I am not expecting a "perfect" statue with all the bells and whistles, and a paintjob to die for. I just want a decent headsculpt that looks good, and we know that Sideshow can deliver it, no matter the price range. I mean, call me crazy but even the plastic, 12$ Neca Warrior had a better looking alien head than this. And apparently price is no factor, as all the other Cameron Warriors by Sideshow(except the 1:1 bust) share the same problem. The maquette, the statue, the diorama. They all have this strange, silly looking mouth opening, and look as if sculpted by the same guy. As if he was browsing through all the available archive pictures of Alien stuntmen in costume, and decided to base the sculpt on the one that looked the worst.

Also, I wouldn't exactly call it a "low-end" either. It's not a maquette or even a PF, but its still a statue. Not a cheap plastic collectible. If there's one thing we expect from statues to excel above other types of collectibles, its the sculpt. Besides, if amateur garage-kit modelers(and apparently Neca in the 7" scale) can do it, so can Sideshow. I don't want to make a huge case against this statue. It's still a great Alien collectible, and I can see why people would want to have it. For me it just doesn't deliver on what I consider the most important aspect of the Xenomorph design. Personally I couldn't care less about the pose, or paint job, as long as they nail the headsculpt.

Last edited:
I am not expecting a "perfect" statue with all the bells and whistles, and a paintjob to die for. I just want a decent headsculpt that looks good, and we know that Sideshow can deliver it, no matter the price range. I mean, call me crazy but 12$ Neca Warrior had a better looking alien head than this. And apparently price is no factor, as all the other Cameron Warriors by Sideshow(except the 1:1 bust) share the same problem. The maquette, the statue, the diorama. They all have this strange, slily looking mouth opening, and look as if sculpted by the same guy. As if he was browsing through all the available archive pictures of Alien stuntmen in costume, and decided to base the sculpt on the one that looked the worst.

Also, I wouldn't exactly call it a "low-end" either. It's not a maquette or even a PF, but its still a statue. Not a cheap plastic collectible. If there's one thing we expect from statues to excel above other types of collectibles, its the sculpt. Beside's, if amateur garage-kit modelers(and apparently Neca in the 7" scale) can do it, so can Sideshow. I don't want to make s huge case against this statue. It's still a great Alien collectible, and I can see why people would want to have it. It doesn't deliver on what I consider the most important aspect of the Xenomorph desing. Personally I couldn't care less about pose, or paint job as long as the headsculpt is nailed.

You are right about that. For a $250 statue it should be as good if not better then NECA.

I think everyone gets hung up on scale. If it's 1/6th scale and one warrior is smaller than the other then it'll be smaller, right? The Dog Alien was always smaller, at least I thought so, than the other warriors. I think they'll look awesome all next to one another.

ordered. the first alien to come out at a time my budget may be able to handle it, I've been forced to skip every one so far. 3rd quarter is light for me, and the size is an actual plus. I'm running out of space for the really big stuff, and this looks decent enough for the space I have. I'd love to get a big chap as well...but maybe next time.

Wish they'd have an affiliate link for this statue... anyone know if they're doing it? Otherwise I'll just get to the order page via Sideshow's website.

Back