Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love purple and I'm tempted to get that catwoman but its going to be hard to justify $100 for her.

I love purple and I'm tempted to get that catwoman but its going to be hard to justify $100 for her.
Well, it's different enough to make me buy it. Sexy and awesome. Can't wait for POs to start.
Still, most of the stuff we've seen for upcoming PAK stuff haven't been released yet. Where is my damn Cloud?!
They're showing Marvel Play Arts Kai Variants at NYCC.
Saw the Iron Man. Not really liking it. I wonder how their Thor would look like....

There's a Spider-Man too. The paint apps are weird but overall, the sculpts look nice.

I'm really digging the Catwoman Variants PAK, less as a Catwoman design and more of a design on its own. Though I honestly have no clue where it would fit in my PAK collection since I've never gotten any of the Variants PAKs. While I'm planning on getting Tetsuya's Batman, I see it more as his rendition of Batman Beyond (which is fine since I like Terry anyway) and a unique standout piece by itself.

Of all Marvel characters I'd want as a PAK, I'd be very curious to see their take on Utron and with Age of Ultron coming up next year, I'd be surprised if they don't jump on a mech character. Iron Man looks okay, nothing ground-breaking, though I did like the black color scheme from the comics so I'll think about it:
NYCC-2014-Play-Arts-Kai-Marvel-003.jpg

I do think that Spider-Man looks pretty good (at least going by the concept photo only):
NYCC-2014-Play-Arts-Kai-Marvel-012.jpg

In other news, AK Batman looks sweeeet and his proportions are damn well spot-on:
NYCC-2014-Play-Arts-Kai-DC-032.jpg

Also they announced AK Harley Quinn (she even comes with the officer's hat as seen in the CG trailer):
NYCC-2014-Play-Arts-Kai-DC-040.jpg

And lastly, Hatsune Miku!
NYCC-2014-Play-Arts-Kai-Hatsune-Miku-003.jpg

Somehow Miku looks very scary.

And well, I'll probably only grab the Tetsuya stuff from PAK. And the FF stuff as well. Love the designs. Not so much the PAK JLA variants though. And I don't think I'll like the Marvel ones either. I love how Batman and Catwoman look very evil with the design.

Lolyeah. Most likely $100 at least. But if it goes up to Bahamut price, then I'll probably just find the ol' Play Arts figures.

I'll still grab them as I have all of the play arts figures from before bnib. I'll have to sell them off to ins these but other than MGS and FF I think I'm done with PAK

I honestly wish another company would pick up the licenses in 1/6, that's the dream :lol

You know Barrett is gonna be at least $120 probably more

I'll still grab them as I have all of the play arts figures from before bnib. I'll have to sell them off to ins these but other than MGS and FF I think I'm done with PAK

I honestly wish another company would pick up the licenses in 1/6, that's the dream :lol

You know Barrett is gonna be at least $120 probably more
Medicom would do great with Cloud and Fenrir in 1/6. Like Akira and his bike, it'll be grail figures for many. I only kept my PAK Gabranth. And somehow that's the one people love the most among my many 1/6 collection.

I'll probably only get some of the main characters off of FF, and I'm done. No place for the side characters. Except Auron.

Medicom would do great with Cloud and Fenrir in 1/6. Like Akira and his bike, it'll be grail figures for many. I only kept my PAK Gabranth. And somehow that's the one people love the most among my many 1/6 collection.

I'll probably only get some of the main characters off of FF, and I'm done. No place for the side characters. Except Auron.

True dat I haven't had any problems with my Medicom figures (touch wood)

Funny you should say that regarding gabbranth, in my younger days only collected bnib and I wouldn't take them out. Except for gabbranth where I bought 2, one for the collection and one to display

You'd be surprised how much some on the bnib old play arts go for, especially Red XIII and Zack

True dat I haven't had any problems with my Medicom figures (touch wood)

Funny you should say that regarding gabbranth, in my younger days only collected bnib and I wouldn't take them out. Except for gabbranth where I bought 2, one for the collection and one to display

You'd be surprised how much some on the bnib old play arts go for, especially Red XIII and Zack
I have problems with ALL my Medicom figures. But they're so well done that I actually don't mind fixing them up or working with what I've got. Spawn, MGS4, DBZ. All problematic, small or big.

Damn. Sell em and get the planned new ones dude! I'm only wishing for an Ashe. The Play Arts version barely looks like she does. My first ever virtual girl crush. Ahahahha.

Warrior of Light is very nice, but it's way too stylized as compared to how I saw him in Dissidia.

I love the new figures, Catwoman, Iron Man, Spiderman and all the Batman variants..... love Batman Beyond :woo 2015 is gonna be a PAK year

I have problems with ALL my Medicom figures. But they're so well done that I actually don't mind fixing them up or working with what I've got. Spawn, MGS4, DBZ. All problematic, small or big.

Damn. Sell em and get the planned new ones dude! I'm only wishing for an Ashe. The Play Arts version barely looks like she does. My first ever virtual girl crush. Ahahahha.

Warrior of Light is very nice, but it's way too stylized as compared to how I saw him in Dissidia.

All depends on how far they go into the line, if they go ball-s deep then I'll likely sell of my OG play arts to fund, those guys were like £20 a pop, not £100

I really like Zack, I hope they do him from advent children

I might have told a little lie, I like the look of the Arkham knight pak, if it looks that good on release I might pick him up

I love the new figures, Catwoman, Iron Man, Spiderman and all the Batman variants..... love Batman Beyond :woo 2015 is gonna be a PAK year
Oh yeah! I forgot about all those Batman variants! I hope they put out the PO soon. I always wanted a good Master Chief figure. I guess PAK will be it.
All depends on how far they go into the line, if they go ball-s deep then I'll likely sell of my OG play arts to fund, those guys were like £20 a pop, not £100

I really like Zack, I hope they do him from advent children

I might have told a little lie, I like the look of the Arkham knight pak, if it looks that good on release I might pick him up
Lol. AK Bats looks absolutely stunning. If only PAK made full vehicles. That'd be badass. I like the Batmobile design for AK. I should call it more as a BatTank.

Can't wait to see what else PAK is gonna release for their FF line.

And I wish they don't **** up the scale anymore. :(

Back