Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - back to Battlefront

Are you really doing an old man Rex?

Perhaps. :D

I thought, what the hell. I'm nowhere near the fan of Rebels that I was of Clone Wars but its still fun to watch. And Rex was always my favorite so I thought it'd be cool to go with my Clones.

Thanks Dr. I'm hoping he comes out as I'm envisioning him. The beard will be the biggest obstacle. But I have a plan.

I went home for lunch today and couldn't resist the call of my hobby station.
Roughed in the designs on the sides of Porkins' helmet crest with black.

Then came back over them with the gray white mixture. Much easier technique then trying to do the fine lines freehand.

And did the front emblem as well. Still need to do the one on the back.

But he's getting there. Soon it'll be time to start on Red Leader.

Looks good Tyler. You should invest in a laser printer and some decal paper to really make those small details pop. Not that your "by hand" versions are bad because they are far better than I could do. Just my 2¢ :)

Thanks Nate. Yeah I'd have to invest in a computer to go along with it too since the only thing close I've got is an iPad. Haha but hand painting them is a nice challenge and adds more value to it for me personally.

Cheers Ron! I'll have some finished pics of him to post tomorrow.

Re: Spud's Customs - Red Squadron

Thanks again guys.

"All wings report in."

A shout out to Chris for his discovery of using the Captain Antilles head sculpt as Red Leader. I think its a damn nice fit for the likeness. Closer than anything I could find. All I lack is Red 4. I'll be weathering their flight suits slightly and I need to do some work on Luke's helmet and make it look more screen accurate. Also need to shorten Biggs just a little.

Re: Spud's Customs - Red Squadron

Glorious Tyler!

How do you plan on displaying your Red Squadron? Making a diorama to show them off?

Back