Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - Blue Nikto

Hey Spud, what body did you use on that Leia figure? I've been out of customizing for a while and that's the first I've seen of the ACPlay Leia and I've got to get one for my Jabba setup :)

Hey man good to hear from you. The slave Leia is on a Phicen steel frame mid bust tan body.

That's an impressive collection you have there Spud, fantastic stuff mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Taking a break from the Jabba scum bags and finishing up three Cantina guys that I've had in the works for months, unfinished. The first one is Reegesk. Used Duane's awesome sculpt and added real hair too it, and used some Sabertooth hands and cut down the claws a bit. The feet is where I was kind of hung up and didn't know what I was going to use. I'm sure the original costume just had some normal boots but I wanted to try something different with him. So I thought I'd use some Falconer Predator boots and throw some hair on them to see what they look like as rat feet. I was pleasantly surprised with the result.

And with the completion of my Death Star kit from Jazz, I've been focusing in on my Stormtroopers specifically upgrading my Sideshow ones. I got 4 waist/cod armor sets from TA when they parted out the HT Shocktrooper and repainted them all to clean with a gloss coat. Amazing the difference they make. Of the four SSC Stormies I have, they all currently have HT buckets but I'll probably end up replacing a couple of them with Shapeways buckets.

Because I love the Shapeways bucket....

This one has the HT Sandie bucket.

"Maybe its another drill."

Re: Spud's Customs - Reegesk and the Death Star

Great work on Mr. Ratty, though I could have helped you out with a "real" little friend who scuttles around in the attic.:lol

What robe is that one?

Re: Spud's Customs - Reegesk and the Death Star

Thanks Ron and Tali.

haha Well I don't know if I would want to go that far for realism. The robe is a custom made one by Enaud.

Re: Spud's Customs - Dr. Evazan and Atheloe

Got my other two back burner scum and villainy figures done. The first one is Dr. Evazan. I've still got a few things to fine tune on him, the biggest being that his pants need a dye job to make them darker and closer to black. He was a challenge for me because this is the first human(ish) head I've painted. I'm pleased with the result and I love how the added hair turned out on his head and chest. Cheers to Duane for an awesome sculpt as always. I also upgraded my Ponda a bit putting him on a shorter body and giving him a bit of a gut.

The other Cantina guy is Atheloe, "the Colonel." This one came together perfectly with what I used. I used the Herman Goering pants and tunic from DiD so I could stuff the clothing full of foam to get his body shape. Did a Frankenstein job on the jacket with some other pockets since it didn't have any. And again, credit to Duane for this sculpt, adding the real hair really brought it to life. This guy may be one of my favorites out of all the Cantina guys I've done.

First some behind the scenes shots.

Then the finished product.

And some filtered Death Star shots because I love it.

Thanks guys.

Yeah it definitely does, Chris. As much as a pain it can be, I really like the outcome. Kabe is next on deck for the real hair treatment. I think I only have three Cantina patrons left to go. Kabe, Myo, and the other guy that looks a lot like Trinto but he has a stylin' mustache. All of which will have real hair elements. I may need the Master's assistance with some clothing though.

Cheers Ron. :D

Finally got to work on my second Chewie last night.

First had to bring him up to speed with some futzing and highlights...

Then hit him with some snow.

Nice work Spud, Chewie looks awsome, your cantina guys and all the troopers, everything you do is awsome. Can't wait to see more from you.

Loving that Chewie.
Might be my favorite of all of your customs.
Great idea and brilliant outcome.
I can almost feel the chill of Hoth in the air!

Back