Split (M. Night Shyamalan)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG OMG OMG

I loved this film.... I LOVED IT!!!!!

I loved the whole thing... I am so glad I stayed away from any spoilers.

I thought the film was great from beginning to end.

But then

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really liked it! But like Unbreakable I didn't *love* it. Which makes sense I suppose since the grand twist was

Massive spoilers:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'd give it maybe a 7.5 due to its lack of satisfying payoff, not quite on the level of last year's thrillers like The VVitch, 10 Cloverfield Lane, and The Shallows but I'll absolutely see a sequel should one ever be made.

Overall I liked it. The ending made me like it more than I should have. And a sequel vs you know who needs to be done.

Its funny how in those brief few seconds you go from “it was OK” to “MOTHER ****ER!!!!! This is awesome!!! With shivered all up and down your back wit goosebumps!!!

Just finished watching it. Thought it was fantastic and took me off guard. I hope this is a indication of future M. Night Shyamalan films.

I've seen it twice now and it truly is a remarkable film. I cannot wait to see where M. Night goes from here with the characters. Its something I've been waiting to see for a long, long time.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I've seen it twice now and it truly is a remarkable film. I cannot wait to see where M. Night goes from here with the characters. Its something I've been waiting to see for a long, long time.
Spoiler Spoiler:

While I like your enthusiasm, I think you're forgetting the fundamental piece that made the two great. They're very grounded with a minimalist approach with large ideas. Going full Avengers isn't the way to go.

Spoiler Spoiler:

kJ5D87o.gif

Well, I finally saw this. It was great! And just as I suspected, now I'm pissed that I had the ending spoiled. I heard that music kick in and I was like "if I'd have gone in fresh, this would've got me so hyped," and then I thought, "but I'd never have gone in fresh because YOU'VE BEEN A GODDAMN HACK FOR SO LONG, SHYAMALAN ! WHY THE **** COULDN'T YOU HAVE MADE THIS MOVIE BACK WHEN PEOPLE STILL HAD EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF GODDAMN FAITH IN YOU, YOU SACK OF HOT GARBAGE?" HOLY ****! What if he's taken the Shyamalan twist to a whole new level. "You all thought I was ****ty, but I'm good, and those who stuck with me faithfully were rewarded with a positively awesome Unbreakable twist. Double HOLY ****! SHYAMALAN IS THE HORDE; "You are different from the rest. Your heart is pure! Rejoice! The broken are the more evolved. Rejoice."

The ****er broke us all down to test the limits of our faith in him as a filmmaker! What a twist!

Spoiler alert: the limits of my faith in him as a filmmaker don't go very ****ing far. So, yeah, **** you, Shyamalan, for me having to resort to having it spoiled for me just to see your first decent movie in a goddamn decade and a half.:lol

Well, I finally saw this. It was great! And just as I suspected, now I'm pissed that I had the ending spoiled. I heard that music kick in and I was like "if I'd have gone in fresh, this would've got me so hyped," and then I thought, "but I'd never have gone in fresh because YOU'VE BEEN A GODDAMN HACK FOR SO LONG, SHYAMALAN ! WHY THE **** COULDN'T YOU HAVE MADE THIS MOVIE BACK WHEN PEOPLE STILL HAD EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF GODDAMN FAITH IN YOU, YOU SACK OF HOT GARBAGE?" HOLY ****! What if he's taken the Shyamalan twist to a whole new level. "You all thought I was ****ty, but I'm good, and those who stuck with me faithfully were rewarded with a positively awesome Unbreakable twist. Double HOLY ****! SHYAMALAN IS THE HORDE; "You are different from the rest. Your heart is pure! Rejoice! The broken are the more evolved. Rejoice."

The ****er broke us all down to test the limits of our faith in him as a filmmaker! What a twist!

Spoiler alert: the limits of my faith in him as a filmmaker don't go very ****ing far. So, yeah, **** you, Shyamalan, for me having to resort to having it spoiled for me just to see your first decent movie in a goddamn decade and a half.:lol

I'm glad you liked it. You echoed all my feelings on it as well. I didn't want to give it a chance because of the exact reason you stated. He became a hack. But my wife watched it and begged me for weeks to see it. I'm really looking forward to his future projects now if he brings all his films back to basics. He confirmed the sequel if you didn't see called "Glass." So Jackson will definitely play a part in it.

It's quite interesting that Mr. Glass is the reason both Unbreakable and The Horde exist because Glass derailed that train.

Yeah, I saw that! And I will definitely see it. Like you said, hopefully this is him going back to basics, I'd hate to see him take, basically, one of the two good things he's ever done and taint it by pulling some ****. Now I have to rewatch Unbreakable. I really dig the idea of Shyamalan almost building his own cinematic universe around Unbreakable, though. Possibly introducing more heroes and villains into that world.

I just hope he doesn't try to up the ante too high in Glass. If he wants a few more within this universe, it needs to be a gradual building of it.

I watched Unbreakable recently with my wife since she saw Split first. While it's somewhat dull, I more than appreciate the idea of it and the slow burn of progression.

And here I thought this movie was an intelligent study into the madness of multiple personalities... and it turns out to be nothing more than an excuse for comic book villains.

Back