Spike has shipped!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about the delay love.

As to Spikes vamp head. The teeth do look a little weird I grant you, but they don't look as odd in real life.

I always think that the vamp faces look better if the mouths are open a tad, just to be able to show the fangs more, because without the fangs the mouth can just look like he's got buck teeth. :rotfl

Got it! At last! I might not come to this board for the rest of the day because I'll probably be staring at him all the time!:rotfl

I have some minor complaints about him. People have been discussing his belt, but I don't really care about it. Looks good to me. However, the hands still seem a bit larger than they should, they look as if they were not in proportion with the rest of the body. Still, something that doesn't bother me that much. BUT... the eyes, it's not that he has lazy eye like Buffy did, it's just a subtle difference between one eye and another that bugs me, I think it's not because of the paint, but because of the sculpt. If you look closely, it seems that one eyeball is bigger than another, and so each eye is painted to adjust to that and each looks like it's looking subtly in a different way. Maybe it's only mine, and believe me, it's not that important, but as many said before, when you pay big money for a collectible like this, you expect it to be just perfect.

I would take pictures of him, but my camera is broken.

Despite everything, I am EXTREMELY happy with my Spike statue and I'm looking forward to Angel even more than before. Buffy needs him.

Oh, and one question: What did you do with the head that you're not using? I don't want to put it back in the box because I'm afraid it might break if I open it again. I don't know where to put it to keep it safe.

Congrats on finally getting him olvidadero! I do hope that you're not too disappointed with aspects of his sculpt.

I know what you mean about the hands, they are too large for him, but I noticed that the Classic Kirk and Spock PF had that going on too. It seems to be a 'thing' with some of these sculpts for some reason. Luckily Spikes duster 'bulks him out' rather, so it's not that noticeable.

As to the eyes, once again it isn't too noticeable in real life, and I can sort of excuse that away by the fact that Marsters (like many people in real life) hasn't got a symmetrical face, infact if you study him carefully he has one eye slightly lower then the other. It becomes more obvious if you flip an image of him, and you realise just how 'off' his eyes are, and how much you're subliminally used to seeing him like that!

Hmm, does anyone else's 'human face' head have a crack next to his right eye? I've alerted Sideshow to it and I will hopefully get a replacement. Just wondering if this is a common problem or if it was just on mine.

Congrats on finally getting him olvidadero! I do hope that you're not too disappointed with aspects of his sculpt.

I know what you mean about the hands, they are too large for him, but I noticed that the Classic Kirk and Spock PF had that going on too. It seems to be a 'thing' with some of these sculpts for some reason. Luckily Spikes duster 'bulks him out' rather, so it's not that noticeable.

As to the eyes, once again it isn't too noticeable in real life, and I can sort of excuse that away by the fact that Marsters (like many people in real life) hasn't got a symmetrical face, infact if you study him carefully he has one eye slightly lower then the other. It becomes more obvious if you flip an image of him, and you realise just how 'off' his eyes are, and how much you're subliminally used to seeing him like that!

Yes, everyone'sbody and face is to some extent asymmetrical, and the eyes is the part of the body where you can tell the most (and the boobs, as I've head :lol). As I said, I don't think it's a big deal, but I'm sure you'll understand better than anyone that when sculpting a human face, some 'defects' maybe should be slightly corrected to make a face, that in normal life would appear normal, look normal as well in the statue.

Anyway, I just love Spike. I re-organized my room to make room for him and I displayed him together with Buffy. They both look amazing, and there's still space for one more ;)

Last edited:
That'll be Angel then? :D

I still can't get over how ruddy big this model is! God knows how folk manage to collect many of these things. More then 2 of these and I'd have nowhere to put anything else! :rotfl

And no, both my Spikes eyes seem okay to me.

I have completely changed my bedroom to make room for Spike, and in the process of that I also made room for Angel. Now there's an ugly empty space in my room near Buffy and Spike, and it'll be like that for months and months, but I prefer that instead of having to change everything again once Angel ships.

After these three, as you said, sue, I don't know where would I put one more PF statue! I desperately want Willow, Faith and Illyria, but I'm going to need a bigger room, or a house on my own.

Hi guys,

If anyone is still looking for one of these, I have ONE available. It is an Artist Proof, #4/6, signed and dated by me...I sculpted both Portraits, hands and boots (less the uppers, those of course are soft goods).

I have enjoyed reading all the comments in this thread!

Cheers,
Oluf

Hi guys,

If anyone is still looking for one of these, I have ONE available. It is an Artist Proof, #4/6, signed and dated by me...I sculpted both Portraits, hands and boots (less the uppers, those of course are soft goods).

Cheers,
Oluf

Oh bugger! I would have loved one of your signed AP's! *Sigh* Oh well, Im loving my one regardless:D

If my replacement hadn't just been shipped to me, I would be all over that AP. Oh well. Someone (who is not a flipper) should snag it!

Hi guys,

Cheers,
Oluf

Man, I wish.... I really want to buy one too, just low on cash. Spike was always my favorite on the show, really shouldn't have skipped this one.

I'll track one down eventually... :cool:

I'm a huge Spike fan, but even so, I think this is my favorite PF ever! The more I look at him, the better he gets.

Man, i just want my PF Spike NOW!
Its been 15 working days since i got my invoice, so it has to be in the EU warehouse now
Wayne

Back