Spike has shipped!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
El Roranous said:
Thank you! I actually played with the jacket for a good half hour or more to get it just right. It was wrinkly and very uncooperative but with time and a little futzing it worked out fine. The pants I just pulled down a bit and smoothed them out with my hand.

I will have to try that out. I was going to try and "pants" him but I didn't know how hard it would be to take the pants off so I could try to water treat them and let them dry before putting them back on. I think they are too wrinkled to fix by hand.

Nice pics. You did a nice job with the jacket. Looks like the collars could still use a little work though.

I sure hope I don't have a problem getting a replacement.

Oh excellent set of photos! He looks really good.

One thing I note is that the belt is little bit too thin/small for him. I think I'm going to somehow get/make a chunkier version for him to wear.

Also how did you get the wrinkles out of his jeans again? Exactly how far can you pull his pants down? (oo-err!)

Awesome pictures! Thank you. I'm so glad everyone's so happy about Spike, it makes the wait even worse. If only people would stop complaining about Angel...

olvidadero said:
Awesome pictures! Thank you. I'm so glad everyone's so happy about Spike, it makes the wait even worse. If only people would stop complaining about Angel...

Well, I'm easing up on Angel a little (ive convinced myself that the headsculpt we saw isnt the one thats being used, since Spikes preview was of his head, Angels is just his back and hands...why?) Also, Its David Boreanaz, so I don't think I will be able to resist! I just hope they fix it as much as possible.

Ive ordered mine and my status is "Order Placed"
A friend of mine, also in the UK says his has been shipped and he should have it in about 2 weeks, from the EU warehouse. SO, hopefully, mine will ship soon, I can't wait.

Although I have cannibalised many a sideshow figure, my collection is only just beginning. So far I have Graduation Day Buffy, City Of, Angel, Becoming Angel, Human Spike (Awaiting Delivery) and Becoming Angel Varner Statue, so Spike will be my centerpiece.

I can't wait!

Wayne

olvidadero said:

I agree.:cool: Its abit tiresome after just one preview shot of the back, and a small pixilated head shot.

willowswarlok said:
Well, I'm easing up on Angel a little (ive convinced myself that the headsculpt we saw isnt the one thats being used, since Spikes preview was of his head, Angels is just his back and hands...why?) Also, Its David Boreanaz, so I don't think I will be able to resist! I just hope they fix it as much as possible.

Ive ordered mine and my status is "Order Placed"
A friend of mine, also in the UK says his has been shipped and he should have it in about 2 weeks, from the EU warehouse. SO, hopefully, mine will ship soon, I can't wait.

Although I have cannibalised many a sideshow figure, my collection is only just beginning. So far I have Graduation Day Buffy, City Of, Angel, Becoming Angel, Human Spike (Awaiting Delivery) and Becoming Angel Varner Statue, so Spike will be my centerpiece.

I can't wait!

Wayne

Im glad you're easing up on Angel. I don't care if he doesn't wear his leather coat, or if he's a more mature Angel, I'm just extremely happy and thankful that Sideshow is still putting their trust and efforts in us, the B/A fans and collectors. I will buy Angel, 100% sure, I will contribute to the continuity of the line as far as I am able to.

Oh, and 2 weeks sounds like too little time for Spike, they told me it will start shipping to EU customers in about a month.

olvidadero said:
Im glad you're easing up on Angel. I don't care if he doesn't wear his leather coat, or if he's a more mature Angel, I'm just extremely happy and thankful that Sideshow is still putting their trust and efforts in us, the B/A fans and collectors. I will buy Angel, 100% sure, I will contribute to the continuity of the line as far as I am able to.

Oh, and 2 weeks sounds like too little time for Spike, they told me it will start shipping to EU customers in about a month.

Dont get me wrong, im so pleased that sideshow are making this figure, BUT i dont want it to be just another Angel, i want it to be a great figure that people will want to buy.

I just rechecked my messages, my friend definately said that his has shipped. But, i think it works like this. They recieve your order, send it from the USA to the EU warehouse, then its shipped from the EU warehouse to our houses. So it could take like 20 days or something.

Wayne

Hey, I came back this weekend from vacation and found Spike sitting on my porch! Of course, someone was supposed to sign for him, but luckily for FedEx he was here and it hadn't rained on his box.

Spike is AWESOME! I don't have one negative thing to say about him, though there are a couple of nits--his belt is a little too small in scale, and I wish they'd kept the bottom of his base felt like Buffy's, but nothing I can't live with. Even the contra-posto lean looks good with him in hand. It looks weird on Sideshow's site, but very natural "live." Also, it's hard to tell from the site photos, but I like that his vampire head hangs down lower, like he's leering, as opposed to the human portrait. Oluf really hit this one out of the park. I dearly hope he'll also be doing Angel.

There's already a lot of pictures of Spike in all his Spike-y glory, so I'll just give a link of my pics:

SPIKE PF

It was a hot day, so the UV filter wasn't able to get all the haze, unfortunately. I took some quick pics of Buffy and Spike side by side. I didn't get Buffy all the way down on her base for these pics, so she's slightly off. They also have a lot of haze/blurriness, but here they are in case you're wondering about size. They look about right, considering the heights, Buffy's heels and poofy hair.

spike-buffy-12.jpg

spike-buffy-06.jpg

spike-buffy-14.jpg

Picture of the heads - taken equidistant, roughly.
spike-buffy-face-01.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on the pics guys. Spike is a great figure. As far as the wrinkles go I just pulled on his pants a little and in a sense let the warmth of my hands be an iron. If you need to you can add a little water which I think does the trick pretty well on the 12" figures and if you use a tiny amount, it won't damage the poly.

As far as the collars go, I like setting mine up high around his neck...like he is too cool to fold them down. I also love how the jacket has the wire in it because you can make it appear like it is being blown on the wind.

Just an insanely great PF. I am sure Angel will turn out just as well so I am not worried.

Can't wait for more pics from you guys. :rock

binky, those are awesome pictures, I was dying to see Spike near Buffy. They both look incredible together. I can't wait to have him and Angel, place her in the middle and look at them for a while before going to bed. Lol:lol

Btw, even greater pictures on the link you posted! Oh, and it was funny checking out that Spike comes decapitated in his box, loll

Don't have mine yet, but has anyone tried removing the shirt to get at the t-shirt? It seems that it suffers from the same turtleneck quality that the 1/6 figure t-shirts have.

Wow, they really nailed the likeness on this one! Sadly I had to cancel Spike in the end and these pictures are really making it hurt!

Back