Spidey will wear black in Spiderman 3!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing to see:

spidey3black1.jpg

Looks like crap. :(

Just making Spidey's costume black doesn't make it "the black costume." That's about as pathetic as the Green Goblin's outfit in the first Spidey movie. I had high hopes for this film when the teaser pic of Sandman came out but now...If Venom looks anything like that I'll be boycotting this movie.

I think I'm feeling sick. :sick :sick

Other than Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko, no other villan has been officially confirmed. Meaning they haven't said Topher Grace is venom, officially. This poster may just be a tease. The movie is still over a year away from release.

Just off topic for a bit. If they are able to get Cap's suit to look as good as Spidey's, I be one happy camper. This Spider-Man suit looks as good on Maguire as can be expected. Superman Returns' suit pales in comparison and Batman Begins' looks OK but I prefer Sandy Collora's Batman: Dead End suit.:D

it still seems very black & whitish to me, and a black version of the existing costume looks awesome, but is kinda lame if it's the symbiote

Seems like they'd lose the webbing and with the texture it would still make a cool black costume. But this does look it could be a teaser poster for displaying this summer.

since its a symbiot they may just have it joining Spidey's suit and turning it black, then when it leaves for Venom the suit just turns back to color? but yeah, I would MUCH rather see the black suit from the comic with the giant white spider on his chest.
I dont know, just trying to make sense of it.
Although I will say that I kind of hope it's all just a set-up for an all Venom S4 and the 3rd baddy is actually Electro. I really want to see Electro in the movie and when Venom hits I want it to be the main focus of the movie, not just 1 of 3 or 4 sharing the limelight.

SPOILER ALERT......
Yep it's a color pic the background has some variations to it. The spoiler story is that the symbiote suit bonds over the top of the red/blue spidersuit Parker is already wearing, basically forming the black version of the outfit. Until spidey eventually gets to the church bell tower and the suit lets go and drops onto an unsuspecting Eddie Brock.
Here's the spoiler page link to AICN
https://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22569

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh man, I can't believe I read that. I have no self control. Heck, maybe it won't all be correct. Geez I feel stupid for reading that.

I did not read the spoiler..............most seem to turn out to be fake. I would be slightly disappointed if they did not use the true symbiote suit, but given how good the first 2 movies were, I will give them the benfit of te doubt. It looks as though the perch his is on has a brownish/tan tint to it. That maybe why they say look closer. I will try not to pass judgement til I see the flick. Key word is try.

God I hope Sideshow pics up a license for this stuff and that they can go back and do figures/busts etc. from all three movies. I mostly want Spidey stuff since I really feel like they nailed the look of the costume in the movies, especially in 2. The colors/textures... everything about it was a brilliant way to bring Spidey to the screen.

As for the black costume? I love it so far. I'm no expert at lighting, etc, but the webbing, etc, really makes the suit dynamic. I'm fine with leaving Spidey's all black suit in the comic.

Now about the Green Goblin... I hope they fix that suit for 3!!

thats a great looking pic and it is now my desktop wallpaper. i hope thats just spidey and not what the final look for venom. either way i trust raimi-- well with the story anyways. the goblin's costume looked like a reject power ranger to me, but everything else since then is good to me.

im hoping to see the lizard in the next movie or so. he was one of the cooler baddies from the series in my opinion.

I like it and LOVE the fact they are using the black suit in this one.

Cannot wait for this one. I really enjoyed part 1 and liked 2 even better.

I was hoping for a white emblem on the black suit but this works.

Bummer.

So many great classic villains to choose from...never liked McFarlane's Venom or much of anything he did.

Great looking poster but the red and blue tights are the only way to go, IMO.

BB

Back