Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Why are people suggesting it would come in a pack rather than just by itself?

Apparently Sony's merchandising deal with marvel stipulates that Spiderman must be sold together with other Marvel characters and not by himself.

Spidey and Stark would make the best combo. There are bound to be people that would rather wait for the solo movie costume, there always is. These same people would probably want the Stark figure. Those of us that want Spidey could buy the 2 pack and sell Stark.

I'm strongly leaning toward waiting for Spidey's solo movie. I really like the costume in CW, but I'm also hoping that they tone down some of the black band accents in his solo movie and he will look even closer to the comics. Still the CW costume looks fantastic so I confess that I likely will be tempted to want it when pics of the figure are revealed. BUT, if it is a two pack with Tony I think I'm going to have to buy knowing I am likely going to take some sort of a loss because I doubt Tony will resell at half the two pack price. I imagine there will be lots of Tony Starks available on the aftermarket driving the price down.

Longing
Rusted
Seventeen
Daybreak
Furnace
Nine
Benign
Homecoming
One
Freight car
21efa1e1fcba017a60d1a3b1c828a6a1.jpg

Ready to buy them all!!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Tony Stark is the only figure that I think would make logical sense to be included in a bundle with Spider-Man. Peter and Tony had a solid 10 minutes of screen time together. I'd be pretty perplexed if he came with someone like Zemo or Scarlet Witch.

It would be great if he came with his friend Steve from Brooklyn.

Apparently Sony's merchandising deal with marvel stipulates that Spiderman must be sold together with other Marvel characters and not by himself.

Does Aunt May count as "another Marvel Character?" ;)

Marisa-Tomei-Aunt-May.jpg

A guy can dream can't he?

What would you do with an Aunt May figure if you got one?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ca-civil-war-spider-man-merchandise/84639666/

USA Today on the toys.

Is this confirmed or just speculation?

All the Spider-Man figures released so far have exclusively been in multipacks (the Funko POP!, the Marvel Legends one, the 2.5 mini, the Lego set though that is the case or most Lego figures, and now the Cosbaby), and the woman working for Funko said that they were not allowed to make any Spider-Man figures unless they were in combo packs.

Could also depend on the licensing deal that was struck with those companies. HT might spend a few more $ to get a separate deal done just for him. Odder things have happened...not related, but look at the out-of-the-blue last minute deal that QMX struck with CBS to get the 50th Anniversary Kirk and Spock out there. No one saw that coming. It wasn't until after the prototypes were done that CBS whipped up a special deal. So you never know.

I was planning on waiting for the solo movie anyway, but I'm assuming HT will be able to get a solo release by then.

Would a Giant Man head count as including another character? That could be an awesome dio piece.

Makes no sense logically to have Zemo in a 2 pack with Spider-man. None. Wouldn't get your hopes up there.

Oh I don't have high hopes of it happening. I'd just like to see it happen to get another Captain America villain, one with a design that couldn't sell as a stand alone release, in my collection. I'd be buying Spidey no matter who they packaged him with, but if I have to buy a second random figure in a pack with him, I'd rather it at least be a character I don't already own and I don't see them making otherwise.

As far as logical sense goes, Stark would be the best bet. I just really hope they don't do that as I don't want to own another Stark.

Who would buy a Zemo figure, lol.

eh, I'd wouldn't mind one in my collection. But since he has no costume, and not a highlight for Hot Toys to make a figure, I'm hoping some 3rd party just makes a passable one so I can add it to the collection.

Back